The Chosokabe and Fukuhara

Archmage_Cataris

cmcBRIMUS115_master.jpg

Year 67 of Asulon, this is Jōshō Ryōkai, Age of the Rising Waters, for 60 years we lived on the border of Oren, within the Wilderness, but the peasants grew restless. The time had come to leave and start anew. The Chosokabe have always provided for our people. Their harvests are bountiful. The Fukuhara are master warriors, our archers are admired by all, no arrow flies truer than the Fukuhara shaft. Loyalty runs deep in the Fukuhara. We have left our land behind to find a new home, now this is our land. Together the Chosokabe and Fukuhara govern our people.

The Chosokabe

mon_256.png

The Chosokabe rule over the Northern province of Tōkupōto. Our lands are fertile and rich, our seeds have been sown, our livestock are many. This is our land, we respect its ways, our farmers work hard and grow more than other men. Although we are not only farmers, our merchants are cunning, wealth buys many victories. We Chosokabe rule over agriculture, construction, economy. Ashigaru spearmen are our bedrock in times of war. We have many samurai, but they lack proper training.

Chosokabe Daimyo

sOQ8r.png

The Chosokabe Daimyo is responsible for all things agricultural, architectural. Watching over construction and maintaining a stable economy for our people. He is the backbone of the Qynian culture.

Samurai

Samurai_Inf_Katana_Samurai.jpg

The Samurai of the Chosokabe are many, but poorly trained and equipped. They act most in the defense of the people and specifically the Daimyo. Against a Fukuhara Samurai, they are no match.

Ashigaru

Ashigaru_Inf_Katana_Ashigaru.jpg

All people within the Chosokabe province are trained in the spear, capable of defending their village if need be, whether from a pack of wolves or an approaching army. These poorly trained, equipped and low morale troops can prove formidable when in very large numbers.

Farmers

jdDx6.png

The farmers of the Chosokabe have always been known to supply bountiful harvest, fit enough to feed many more people than was required. Without the loyal farmers, the Chosokabe would not be around.

Merchants

qoZEx.png

The merchants of the Chosokabe are witty, cunning and strongly willed. Ruthless in the art of merchanting, although being a merchant in Qynian society is not praised, it is needed.

The Fukuhara

mon_256.png

The Fukuhara rule over the Southern province of Tōkupōto. Our lands are bitter, cold and harsh, it makes us stronger. In battle our swordsmen are the envy of the Wilderness, no blade is swifter, or more feared than ours. We're revered as strong, brave and independent in battle. We're not only warriors, we're great diplomats, capable of achieving strong friendships and bonds.

Fukuhara Daimyo

HXgVp.png

The Fukuhara Daimyo is responsible for the military and defense of our people. He achieves friendships in hard places, securing our place in the world. His fleet is mighty, his swordsmen many, his tongue silver and his loyalty unquestionable.

Samurai

UxC2d.png

Our Samurai are very few, but greatly skilled and equipped. They are both magnificent at the bow and the blade, making them an all around superb warrior. They live their life by a strict code.

Monk Warriors

BY6I3.png

Zealots in the way of Om'echan, these warriors monks follow the Lesser God of War, Tith-Onanka. They defend the Daimyo unto death in service to Tith-Onanka. These rare but incredibly skilled Monks are a shining light in times of darkness.

Onna Bushi

qy97o.png

Men are not the only warriors. Wives and maidens take up arms in the name of Fukuhara, proving to be reliable soldiers in times of war. Although they are few, they are strong.

Sword Attendant

d70ON.png

These powerful shock troopers are poorly equipped but moderately skilled. They are many and capable of overwhelming their enemy with their large two-handed swords.

Spear Levy

t9QlN.png

Spear Levy fight on the frontlines. Their large numbers make them good at quickly overwhelming their opponents with superior numbers. Although very lacking on equipment and skill, they are a force to be feared when in large numbers. Alone or in small numbers they can easily be hacked through.

Diplomat

ytzzR.png

Our diplomats speak to foreigners from all over Asulon, securing friendship and trading routes. Keeping our people safe with nothing but their tongue.

Monomi

xp4Jc.png

Our Monomi act as assassins, spies and scouts. They silently kill threats to our borders and those of our allies. The shadows themselves fear them.

Jobs & Positions

((OOC Note: These jobs/positions are to be RP'ed, not simply put two items together and poof, magic, tada. We'd appreciate you to RP these jobs well, we try to supply a unique RP atmosphere. Do your job well and others will be inspired to do likewise. Thus the wheel goes round and round.))

Chosokabe

Ashigaru

Farmer

Merchant

Miner

Lumberjack

Architect/Builder

Blacksmith

Weavers/Tailors

Fisherman

Chef

Housekeeper

Fukuhara

Levy

Retainer

Onna Bushi

Monk

Siege Engineer

Fletcher

Blacksmith

Fisherman

Diplomat

Miner

Diplomatic Relations

The Kingdom Of Urguan - Ally

The Holy Empire of Oren - Unfriendly

The War Uzg - Unknown

Malinor - Unknown

Recent Events/Timeline

-Flee to Farport, rename to Tōkupōto. Begin construction of homes and farming.

-Alliance with Dwarves.

-Join the defence of Karik with the Dwarves.

-Begin to study the catapult the Dwarves own

-Open port to foreigners

How to join the Qynian people.

We Qynians are few, we are untrusting of outsiders but we welcome them to us. All people deserve a second chance in life, just as Khali-Shi give new life. If you wish to migrate to our lands, please fill out an application and have it delivered to our diplomat living in Karik.

((Skype isn't a requirement but it is very heavily recommended.))

Application

((MC Name: ))

((Skype: ))

Name:

Job:

Skills:

History:

Why do you wish to join us?

What clan do you wish to serve and why:

((For more information, here is the index for all things on Qynian culture.))

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/74252-the-qynians-culture-index/

Isn't Kamakura in the Ranger Apprentice series?

[[Kamakura was an actual reigning shogunate dynasty that lasted quite a while, but I honestly don't think Ranger's Apprentice had any mention of the Kamakura, as the name came from an actual clan in late Feudal Japan]]

[ Now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for that, guys :3 ]

[[ As an avid historian and enthusiast of this era, I greatly approve. I would personally rather this be an application-required race to keep the general role-play top notch. Are we permitted to apply as one of the upper classes if our personal lore is detailed enough? e.g. Daimyo/Samurai ]]

((MC:))

Name: Shiro (四郎)

Skills: I consider myself an expert as a craftsmen huwever not the best warrior in the lands and a good hunter.

Current Job: I have nu job as of nuw but as I wus once an Ashigaru

Why do you wish to join the Kamakura? I wish tu rejoin my people and have a house again.

Do you swear to fight in the name of the Kamakura until your dying breath? Hai

Tell us your story? ((Biography)) I grew up in the lands of Asulon where our land was soon covered in lava and ash. As the land began to fill with molten rock and choke others to death I ran from my work station and got into a small rowing boat I had made to catch fish. I was shaking with fear, lost without family, gripping the oars and pushing with all my might I began to disappear out in the ocean far away from my now lost home. I saw Ships travel back but they did not see me, I shouted and cried trying to follow their direction but the winds were too strong and I was pulled far east. Days, hours I don't really know when my boat crashed but I got to land safely. I constructed myself a hut made out of snapped off branches and leaves. For the next few weeks I gathered Hare, Deer, Chicken, Elk, Squid, Wolf and fed myself, nothing to do but wake up, eat then sleep. I got up one morning to see a orange cat like creature running through the lands, I could not tell what it was. I tailed it for hours but I lost it as a fellow Qynian in Samurai-like armour came by handing me this flier I was so surprised to see a fellow Qynian alive that even a few minutes away from the creature it had disappeared within thin air. I took the flier and ran back to my hut the fellow Qynian still with me. When I arrived to my hut I used some of the ink I had managed to obtain whilst also using a chickens feather as a quill. It didn't take me long to finish this letter and after I was finished writing I handed it to the Qynian where he galloped away out of sight.

If accepted this is the skin I will be using -

YsLDi.png

((Would I have to reapply, or can I play as my former qyn character from the other server?))

Name: Lei

Skills: Trained in the art of Katana, and training for my Father was one before we fled Aegis, also trained some time with the bow.

Current Job: Jobless, seeking for military position.

Why do you wish to join the Kamakura?

To rejoin the people of my fathers days, and take back my lost culture that I do not want to have forgotten.

Do you swear to fight in the name of the Kamakura until your dying breath?

Till the last beat of my heart and till the closing of my eyes, shall I fight for the Kamakura.

Tell us your story? ((Biography))

Born and raised in the midst of Asulon. I grew up hearing tales from my father of true men with honor and knew the most powerful ways of the Katana blade. I learned of men who would fight for their Emperor till death do them part. This intrigued me to learn our ways. When I got to the age 11, my father brought me his blade, and offered me the ways of the Katana. From than on, I worked day and night training with my Incredible father. By age 30, he told me I was ready for the ultimate challenge and that my Qynian blood had been truly ignited. He built me a suit of armor replica of the his old. He past away that year, and I promised him on his death bed that When I get the chance to fight for our people that I would fight in his honor and training. Few years later, I saw the ships return and I ran for them seeking and wanting to be back with the people of my blood,

((Because I know this is just starting out, if you need any head guys like a Sotaisho, I would be very willing to RP as one and am very excited about this new culture any ways)

((Upload skin in a bit, some technical diffulculties))

((Samurai is the European equivalent of a Knight so it will be earned and not made instantly, no offence intended. I'll accept you as an Ashigaru when I get home, I'm currently at work.

Nikias, you can keep the character just change his bio to fit LOTC and reapply))