~Rp Fighting Guide~

Tom_Whiteman

OOC:

Hello reader! This guide is how to properly RP fight. I thought about making a Guide for a while, I couldn't find a issue that needed fixing and guidance. After obtaining my VA I learned the prospective of being a villain and being a normal player which doesn't preform serous villainous actions. So I found three easy steps which will help you as a person develop your RP fighting on the server and still feel great when you come out of the fight. I hope this quick post helps who ever is in need.

>Have The Will To Lose<

This is the most important part when it comes to a RP fight. You MUST have that will to lose. If you do not have a will to lose you would most-likely force yourself into a spot were you will force yourself to Meta-Game and/or Power-Game. If you lose the battle I guarantee you may not like it, but you will get respect from the other player(s). If you win you will feel great, you will get that feeling which tells you, "I actually won a fight legit!" And that is the greatest feeling on LoC.

>Never Show Hate Towards The Other Player<

Yes we all have to admit, we hate someone on this server. If you encounter someone you hate/dislike in RP and then engage a RP fight, you do not want to go into OOC and scream at them if they make a intelligent/good move towards your character. You have to contain your anger when playing LoC, it will make you a better person and player. Now; if you do yell at someone you dislike in L-OOC he will most-likely walk out of the RP and hate you as much as you hate him, or you will begin to Power-Game/Meta-Game so you can win against him/her and show that you are better than them. Trust me if you finish a RP fight like that you will find a ban report waiting for you on the forums, no one likes those. Now; if you contain your anger and fight fairly and not showing and signs of hate through the L-OOC  chat and you lose or win you will probably walk out feeling better, yet, feeling as if the person you hate isn't so bad.

>No Power-Gaming and Meta-Gaming<

Easy. Do not Meta-Game or Power-Game. If you win a fight through Power-Gaming or Meta-Gaming the other player won't treat you equally like all the other players on LoC. If you lose a fight through Power-Gaming and Meta-Gaming there will be no difference. But if you do not Meta-Game and win a fight I guarantee you will come out of a battle with much respect from the other player. You can even win a battle without Meta-Gaming or Power-Gaming and the respect you get from the other player would be even higher.

Lets see what I do

1.) Yup, 

2.) Yup, 

3.) Yup, 

Looks like I am good

#1 is usually what gets to players....

Nice guide. As Cow said Number 1 is where most people struggle. If you begin to role-play for the sake of role-play and not just to win, things will be a lot better. Enter a battle with the aim to loose. If you win that's great! But you will get decent RP either way, and at the end of the day, that's the best thing you can get on this server.

I find that very few people are willing to lose, even if you are a large, angry orc, with two other orcs with you, some peasant farmer is still somehow better at fighting and more skilled, purely so he does not lose. 

Additionally, far to many people are equivalent to Superman or a lesser Greek go, in terms of skill, power and prowess.

Good guide, I commend you this should be pinned. The biggest things A LOT of people have to realise is that their chars are not legends. Peopl RP as if their char is a main character off some epic book series, or a good movie, or even another game. What I feel is best is to RP your char after a heroes buddy's. For example on Lord of the Rings, many people will RP like Aragorn, or Legolas or Gimli, never ever losing a fight, literally. But I feel you should RP like that trio's lesser soldiers, for example RP like a Rohan horseman, or a gondor Ranger, how often in the movie do those guys win/lose? Its a good kill to death ratio. RP like the grunts, not the main chars!