Why, I'm A Master!

Lynesse {Celia/Jazzy}

This is the greatest guide ever in the history of guides ever made in history of ever. Speaking of ever, or any GM, please make this the homepage of the website.

In all seriousness, this is a great guide for new players. Like me!

Good guide this should help a lot of people.

I'll admit I was an 'expert archer' on my first character, that I have toned down massively.

It's all about how much time you spend training via roleplay. I trained extensively with a sword, so my archery became rusty. Recently my character is learning Illusion, so now his swordplay is getting rusty.

Was I a "Master" in my field? At the time I was probably the only one in my field. Compared to now though I was utterly incompetent. I leaned to be an actual "master," but only in title only. Varstivus is skilled, yes, but he is always being outdone by the Alchemist's Guild and Nienna. That may be my own OOC hesitation, but having a limit is nice.

He's not a healer, he's not a creature creator either. He's a simple fighting alchemist with interesting thought patterns.

It is some of the most fun RP having your characters learn and train for their skill, and not just coming into the world with it. It is honestly my favourite part about starting a new character, but many people do not do it, which makes me feel sad they are missing out on so much fun.