[Event Creature] Giant Crabs

hex37

Why?

They cannot be communed with by druids because they are unnatural, and shamans can't persuade them with spirits because they are just plain killing machines.

Cut off their claws and yoke them to a grinding mill.

They still have big mandibles and legs to kill you with.

Adding mobs/mods, should be possible for the server when the new update comes out. With all the changes, it's going to make modding much easier, and then we can use such things to make custom mobs, weapons/items, etc.

In the meantime, a wool block representation would suffice, I think.

They cannot be communed with by druids because they are unnatural, and shamans can't persuade them with spirits because they are just plain killing machines.

What? Can you please explain in depth... Unnatural makes no sense, they are very natural. They are creatures of nature... Unless it is like a spawn of Iblees I don't understand why it is unnatural and cant be communed with.

What? Can you please explain in depth... Unnatural makes no sense, they are very natural. They are creatures of nature... Unless it is like a spawn of Iblees I don't understand why it is unnatural and cant be communed with.

Agreed, I'd like some further explanation on this as well. Druids can communicate with any type of animal in Anthos, as long as they have at least Tier 1 Druidism. Why would a giant crab be an exception?

Alright, alright, you see, these are creatures of nature that were twisted by an insane alchemist into an oversized abomination. They cannot breed either, because if two meet they'll just start killing each other. So, creatures made unnatural by dirty sentient alchemy is my reasoning.

When I get home I will make a separate section for it, as this is truly an IC excuse for an OOC fear of people actually trying to tame giant crabs. KILL THEM! DON'T HUG THEM! BAD DRUIDS! BAD!

Alright, alright, you see, these are creatures of nature that were twisted by an insane alchemist into an oversized abomination. They cannot breed either, because if two meet they'll just start killing each other. So, creatures made unnatural by dirty sentient alchemy is my reasoning.

When I get home I will make a separate section for it, as this is truly an IC excuse for an OOC fear of people actually trying to tame giant crabs. KILL THEM! DON'T HUG THEM! BAD DRUIDS! BAD!

Yes please, and do go in depth if you plan on making it so Druids are unable to communicate with them, as a Tier 1 druid can communicate with animals, and higher tiers can control them. This applies to all animals. I still don't see how alchemy has anything to do with making them not listen to us. I could understand us not being able to control them, but druids still have the ability to calm and befriend animals, even ferocious gigantic animals. I think the whole Alchemy thing is a cop out, personally, and this could be some awesome lore for a unique creature. 

It is an enormous cop-out, I agree entirely, and it requires proper explanation. One might consider this the prequel to my "dire beast" lore, which are basically creatures made big and powerful at the cost of loosing any feeling or emotion, save a churning desire to kill all living things it sees. Essentially, in order for a Druid to calm it, it would need to somehow convince the crab that they are indeed not a fellow living creature, but a rock.

It is an enormous cop-out, I agree entirely, and it requires proper explanation. One might consider this the prequel to my "dire beast" lore, which are basically creatures made big and powerful at the cost of loosing any feeling or emotion, save a churning desire to kill all living things it sees. Essentially, in order for a Druid to calm it, it would need to somehow convince the crab that they are indeed not a fellow living creature, but a rock.

I'm not sure how much you have delved into the reading of druidic lore and magics, but I don't think it will ever happen that one, very new, piece of lore over writes years of lore having been written and role played long before this. Druids are direct connections between the descendant races and Nature. Anything that is part of nature can be communed with and talked to. Sure, a druid might not always be able to control a monstrous creature like this, but they can do much more than "convince it their a rock". If they hunt food, if they drink water, if they breath air, they are creatures of nature and part of nature, and thus can be communicated with by Druids. I suggest adding in some kind of filter though, perhaps "Tier 1: Can't communicate at all with the beast.... Tier 3: Can begin to communicate better... Tier 5: Stands a good chance at calming the beast from attacking the druid and his allies, but cannot control it" yada yada. 

I will always support the bringing in of original creatures into Anthos, but I don't think it is fair to the Druids to take away one of their abilities for a new piece of lore. 

I don't recall any animal I've ever encountered that only really kills for "pleasure" other than some sick elves,  humans, or orcs and whatnot: humanoids. I don't see why it would make much sense for a large crab to kill for pleasure, or why a large crab would get pleasure from killing something...

I only wish I could delve deep into Druidic magic lore, but it is unfortunately hidden to me. I will add a filter when i get home, though I intend to make a Tier 5 Druid To, at most, be able to keep it from attacking anyone, rather than just allies.

So, Druids, tell me if the following sounds alright:

Tier 1, unable to communicate with it.

Tier 2, able to understand it, though it will only ever communicate its rage at all things that live

Tier 3, able to communicate with it, and after a great deal of coercion, persuade it to not eat the Druid temporarily.

Tier 4, able to communicate with it, and cause it to ignore the Druid until about a day later, whereupon it forgets about it.

Tier 5, able to calm it, stopping it from killing everything it sees for about a day, whereupon it forgets about it.

Would this sound fair?

If possible, I'd love to see the Druidism lore if you have access to it, so we could discuss this further in PMs.

I don't recall any animal I've ever encountered that only really kills for "pleasure" other than some sick elves,  humans, or orcs and whatnot: humanoids. I don't see why it would make much sense for a large crab to kill for pleasure, or why a large crab would get pleasure from killing something...

Sala I get the feeling that you might be over thinking things, but rest assured the answer is "alchemy does crazy things."

I only wish I could delve deep into Druidic magic lore, but it is unfortunately hidden to me. I will add a filter when i get home, though I intend to make a Tier 5 Druid To, at most, be able to keep it from attacking anyone, rather than just allies.

So, Druids, tell me if the following sounds alright:

Tier 1, unable to communicate with it.

Tier 2, able to understand it, though it will only ever communicate its rage at all things that live

Tier 3, able to communicate with it, and after a great deal of coercion, persuade it to not eat the Druid temporarily.

Tier 4, able to communicate with it, and cause it to ignore the Druid until about a day later, whereupon it forgets about it.

Tier 5, able to calm it, stopping it from killing everything it sees for about a day, whereupon it forgets about it.

Would this sound fair?

If possible, I'd love to see the Druidism lore if you have access to it, so we could discuss this further in PMs.

That sounds perfect, actually. I will get in contact with Arik, and send him your way. I'm merely a dedicant, I have no right to show lore, but I'm sure you two can discuss at lengths the whole "Dire beast" thing. He is much better at words than I. Thank you for making compromise.