Yeu Rthulu (Aengul)

LORE TEAM NOTE: After some discussion amongst the LT, it has been decided that whilst Yeu Rthulu is an accepted Aengul, they are not a valid source for Clerical Magic. Clerics may claim and think in RP that they are drawing from Yeu Rthulu, however this is not the actual case. 

The name "Yeu Rthulu" was the original name of a religeon I created on an RP forum 3 years ago, and at the time, I had no idea of what "Cthlulu". Fast-forward about a year, and You would see me, applying as Quavinr, a priest of "Yeu Rthulu", and I was accepted. about a month after I joined, someone remarked that the name of the religeon sounded awfuly like Cthulu, So me, (not having an idea what "Cthlulu" was,) quickly googled it, and found that cthlulu was a tad bit similar to my Yeu Rthulu, so instead of changing the name, I chose to change the basic religeon, to the point that they are almost opposites. Please do not make any comment of Cthulu due to the similaritie of the name. Just...please.

The Aengul Yeu Rthulu
Patron of the poor, the kind, and the content.

Yeu Rthulu is the aengul of contentment, and compassion, and is an extremly lesser known, and minor aengul. known only by a few number of people, whom most of them do not even recognize it as an aengul, most simply referring to it as their God, or their patron. Yet, the aengul is known as a compassionate, and kind being.

In scattered accoutns from dreams and visions believed to be of the aengul, Yeu Rthulu is seen joking, and laughing, and even bearing hints of sarcasm. And it is believed that the aengul is of this way due to the fact it is impossible to be truly content without laughter.

The aengul itself's purpose is to help a few mortals become content, more specificly, the followers of the Rthulan faith. It should be noted that Yeu Rthulu is noted for the habit of being stuck manifested in the mortal plane. Furthermore, the children of Yeu Rthulu, though rare, still appear in this day and age. Provoking many to believe that the aengul is currently manifest.

Depictions

Yeu Rthulu unlike most aenguls is not usualy depicted as an animal, as standard aenguls are usualy depicted. Usualy Yeu Rthulu is depicted as an elven maiden, with snow white skin, and deep blue eyes. (The reason many members of the clan Signus believe that they are the children of the aengul.) Though, despite the depiction of the aengul being female, most followers of the Rthulan faith refer to their God as an "It".

The few times Yeu Rthulu is depicted as an animal, it is depicted as an possum, bearing snow white fur.

Affects on the mortal world.

The Strictures

The Strictures of Yeu Rthulu are 30 strict rules that are said to be set in place by the aengul itself to help mortals be content with their life. Their true origins are unknown, and it is unknown when the strictures were set down by Yeu Rthulu, and it is said that they were written on the mortal world by Yeu Rthulu when aenguls and daemons freely roamed the earth.

Here are the 10 most notable strictures:
Stricture 1: One must never find joy in the death of any man, woman, or child.

Stricture 3: One must never make love outside of marriage.

Stricture 4: One must restrict themselves from gluttony and drunkeness.

Stricture 9: One must not allow one's lust for revenge overtake them. Just retribution may be needed, but vengeance is reserved for the Gods.

Stricture 14: One must not show hatred to anyone due to their race, their age, or gender.

Stricture 16: One must support all whom are widowed, lame, or otherwise unable to support themselves.

Stricture 17: One must not harm any man, or woman without the cause of just retribution.

Stricture 20: One must not allow one's anger to provoke trouble, and pain.

Stricture 24: One must find joy in whatever he has, whether little, or great.

Stricture 28: One must love their spouse more than any worldly thing, or person.

Kavenjun
Kah-Ven-Yuhn

Kavenjun is the realm of the afterlife created for it's believers with a pure heart, and a content mortal life. Very little is known of this realm, and some argue that it doesn't even exist. Yet its existence is said to be confirmed by Yeu Rthulu itself.

In different accounts of visions and dreams, Kavenjun is depicted as being a small snowy paradise not in the mortal plane. It is described as an area filled with laughter and song, where one can be eternally content, with there family and friends forever.

Priest/Cleric Magic

It is said that Yeu Rthulu can help grant power to few of it's believers, and the aengul could in-fact be a patron to someone, for the purpose of helping, and keeping the few chosen content, and would help provide the magic needed to do such things as being a healing priest.

It should be noted that Rthulu is the most likely of all aengul to bear chilren in the mortal realm, due to her curiosity, compassion, and overall kind heart.

OOC Info

If this lore is accepted:

Rthulu will be counted as a valid patron for priest magic (though they would need to hear of Rthulu through RP due to not being a commonly heard of aengul)

Yeu Rthulu would be added to the wiki as an actual aengul.

And possibly a revival of the religeon of Yeu Rthulu.

This seems a lot like Cthulhu in name...

Kidding, I don't know how to react to this lore exactly

well, it's only about a quater done. Though, I'm open to suggestions!

I wouldn't suggest making it out to be an aengul,

but if you simply change that aspect,

I am sure it would catch on quickly!

Good job so far man!

We need more Aenguls, more power to ya.

Actually, there are plenty who were/are accepted at some point in time, its just with the exoduses of players many of them have been lost in the strands of time. Anyway, we don't need /confirmed/ deities, that removes the whole point of faith. You're free to worship whatever, whenever.

Actually, there are plenty who were/are accepted at some point in time, its just with the exoduses of players many of them have been lost in the strands of time. Anyway, we don't need /confirmed/ deities, that removes the whole point of faith. You're free to worship whatever, whenever.

Faith without an actual, viable higher-being having proven to be real or not is an understandable concept for IRL, but in a fantasy world were deities have interacted with the masses and actually waged war on the mortal plane, it would be (more or less) "realistic" for a religion to be based off of evidence of said deity. Worship of a nonexistent higher-being is mildly stale for this server and doesn't add much interest to the religion at-hand, or any made for that matter.

Creator and Brathmordakin are mutually exclusive yet both valid. Believed in, definitely based in fact, but neither confirmed.

As for Aengudaemons, I put a huge aengudaemon clarification into the lore reviewal process a while back when I was still LM, which needed admin approval. Danny and Urasept had voted on it as of when I stepped down. May want to hold fire until that's over, as it could well change things with this.

Also, if you want to kill all Cthulu comparisions completely, drop the t or the second u from Rthulu.

Faith without an actual, viable higher-being having proven to be real or not is an understandable concept for IRL, but in a fantasy world were deities have interacted with the masses and actually waged war on the mortal plane, it would be (more or less) "realistic" for a religion to be based off of evidence of said deity. Worship of a nonexistent higher-being is mildly stale for this server and doesn't add much interest to the religion at-hand, or any made for that matter.

Actually, that is one of the main reasons for making this lore. I have been an acting priest of Yeu Rthulu for over a year now, and even the prospect of worshipping something that ACTUALY exists makes me a tad giddy thinking about it.

Creator and Brathmordakin are both contradictions. Believed in, definitely based in fact, but neither confirmed.

As for Aengudaemons, I put a huge aengudaemon clarification into the lore reviewal process a while back when I was still LM, which needed admin approval. Danny and Urasept had voted on it as of when I stepped down. May want to hold fire until that's over, as it could well change things with this.

Also, if you want to kill all Cthulu comparisions completely, drop the t or the second u from Rthulu.

Eh, I'll stick to the name. Been with that exact name for 3 years now, not about the change it.

I... Like it.

Support from the youd'z man

Eh, I'll stick to the name. Been with that exact name for 3 years now, not about the change it.

lol, in comparison to Lovecrafts near 100 years of having Cthulhu? There is a easy way to eliminate the, very reasonable, comparisons. Why not just take it? 

Anyways the lore looks good. 

Given the Aengudaemon lore is publically available, you may wish to update this in light of that. Namely being a patron to Cleric and the creation story are now contradictory.

The way its phrased makes it sound like Rthulu is dedicated to the advancement of a specific few. Perhaps phrase it differently, for example: "Rthulu attempts to bring peace and contentment to those who worship her." This way, the aengul's aim is to be worshipped. Alternatively, you could do it backwards the aengul's aim could be to bring contentment to all, and is attempting to do so via the Rthuluan religion.