The Academic College Of Anthos

Shorsand

ACADEMIA

Academia is a newly founded building; a place of learning, research, knowledge-sharing, and advancement.

We first asked ourselves, "Where is everyone in Anthos learning to read and write?" and we figured it out. It was at Academia.

Upon the realization that Anthos possesses no official learning establishment, we have concluded that one should, of course, be founded. The product of this conclusion is Academia (as it is will be the appellation given for now). Educating the denizens of Anthos is our primary goal, and we shall do our best to provide a fair spectrum of educational courses that fit the students’ desire. In doing so, we hope to spread knowledge throughout the world, so that all may be educated on their surroundings, and so all may benefit from such.

There is no age-limit or requirement to enroll, however, we ask that you at least possess a semblance of common sense, sophistication, and a desire to learn/educate. We will only be picking the best-and-brightest of the world, so applications will be thoroughly filtered by our fastidious reviewers.

Courses

We offer a variety of courses that you have the option of participating in. We have courses in a wide range of subjects. Many of the courses are on the system of apprenticeship, and each will have a set mentor, who will lead the classes in doing various activities inside and outside the complex.

• Research Group (experimental studies)
  • Scribing (book writing, tome keeping)
  • Knowledge Professing (general sharing of knowledge, ideas, etc.)
  • Fine Arts (Illustrations, Sculpting, Music-making, Poetry)

• General Studies (basic education)

• World-Lore

• Natural World Studies (most likely send you to the Druids)

• Magic Evocation (only applicable to select students), Transmundane Studies, Magic Theory

• Expedition (Cartography, Dungeon Delving)

• Medical Doctoring (Clinical Studies, Nursing, Treating Illnesses, Treating Minor and Major Wounds)

• Alchemical Studies

• Literacy

• More Are Coming; We’re Always Searching for Educators.

Room and Board

At Academia, students live on the grounds. Food, bed, bathhouses, and all other necessities are, of course, provided. We wish the premises to have an air of conviviality about them, conclusively, we keep aforementioned premises clean, warm, and shapely. We currently provide all the necessary extensions to facilitate our various classes, including an alchemical den, research laboratory, arboretum, and others.

Professors

We are very proud of all of our professors and they are very proud to teach here. They are quite skilled in their area of study and are pleased to have the opportunity to share their knowledge.

((All the names are hand-written signatures))

Beneton DeWeyt (Dean of Academia)

Daragh Barry (Fine Arts)

Adrian Douglas (Medical Doctoring)

Vaerus Irongut (Magic and Magic Theory)

We are constantly searching for more teachers in more subjects of learning, so please apply.

Job Positions: We are currently looking for educators, security, excavators, and builders. Fill out the following application if you wish to become a staff member. (Note, security and builders DO NOT require an in-person interview.)

Application:

Name:

Minecraft username:

Position:

Experience:

Additional Info:

Current Staff:

Beneton DeWeyt - Dean of Academia

Vaerus Irongut - Educator

Daragh Barry - Educator

Adrian Douglas - Educator

Enrollment

Enrolling to Academia is a simple process. Merely fill out an application and attach it to this notice, and we will notify you.

Once accepted, you will be provided a rules and regulations document, and you will sign an affidavit signifying your acceptance of the rules and of your joining into Academia. You will also be informed of our operating procedures, our future intentions, as well as our location.

Enrollment Application:

MC Name:

Name:

Race:

Previous education (if any):

Brief description of your life (limit: two, five-sentence paragraphs):

Why you wish to enroll:

You will be contacted via bird, or by letter ((forum message)) upon application acceptance.

NOTICE:

WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ORCS IMMEDIATELY!

-----

((OOC info will be given upon request, should there be any.))

-----

(( I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Amazing post.))

How would you go about people saying they've graduated from Academia? As in.. they're classified as Alumni, even before this thread was established?))

How would you go about people saying they've graduated from Academia? As in.. they're classified as Alumni, even before this thread was established?))

((It was somewhat a joke, seeing as everyone in the world is literate, yet there are absolutely no schools about. It was also suggesting that everyone would go to Academia. Suggesting. Highly.))

Salazar sits in the Ministry of Contemplation laboratory as he reads over the flier, sighing.

Charles sighs.

((This... this is something amazing...))

((Right you are sir... right you are...))

(( I put this in a really hard to read colour because yolo.))

Daragh smiles happily, pushing a jar of clay back into place on its shelf in his classroom. He turns around to gaze upon the freshly renovated room, grinning wide, his hands on his hips, leaving spots on his palms where there was still-wet paint on his tunic.

He imagines scores of people in the room, all desiring to carry on the trade that he's so passionate about. As he thinks about the future, a pot of paint is rattled off its shelf as Adrian walks past with a roll of bandages.

The pot of paint crashes on his head, staining his head and shoulders a bright pink. He stands silent for a second in suprise, and then bursts out in laughter.

Beneton contemplates the Ministry's leaflet, before folding it neatly and tossing it carelessly to the side of his room. He resumes pondering the greatness that will be his utopia.

A orange bird, of great beauty, flies down, fluttering it's exotic wings fluttering, it has a scroll tucked under it's beak, it'd read.

"Kind sir, I will introduce myself. I am, Mythras Alexander Ardere, head-master of the Malinorian College, and etc... bunch of useless titles added on. I'd like to know, since we share a common goal, if you shall perhaps come to me, and aid me in my work, and me to yours? I believe our goals allign, and therefore want to work as such. Please send me a bird.
From,
          Mythras."

((It was somewhat a joke, seeing as everyone in the world is literate, yet there are absolutely no schools about. It was also suggesting that everyone would go to Academia. Suggesting. Highly.))

I guess my tone was a bit off..

What I was TRYING to ask was this;

Is it okay if I say my character graduated from this academy, even though you've just NOW made this thread?))

I guess my tone was a bit off..

What I was TRYING to ask was this;

Is it okay if I say my character graduated from this academy, even though you've just NOW made this thread?))

((Why not just actually attend?))