[Magic Lore] Acid Evocation

Bucky_24

What kind of acid are we speaking of?

if it's sulfuric acid,

How about no?

it'd be pretty op

unless it's like 1-10 percent concentration

On a further note, you'd have to know a lot about acid to pull acid from the Void.

Considering there isn't much acid, nor can you exactly handle acid, you're prettttty much screwed in terms of learning how 2 be l33t acid pr0bend3r

Came here expecting LSD Evocation.. I am dissapointed.

Time to write some lore.

Until the Nexus 4.0 magic plugin is given a full release and had some time to be worked on, there will be no new Magic Subtypes considered. Once everything is ironed out will new types be considered, and how they might be added to the plugin would then be an additional element for your proposal.

However, seen as acid isn't a basic element (fire, water, air, earth, electrical energy, raw magic) I don't see why it would become an evocation type. Acids are more commonly made than they are just found naturally. Alchemists have the ability to create acids and use them in a fight. And if you want to destroy something: Void Translocation dematerialises matter. I don't see this type of evocation as really adding something totally unique, and it isn't a base element that has been missed so it doesn't really fit straight 'evocation'.

Now that there is a plugin, magic types need to be scrutinised even more than previously. You are of course welcome to RP'ing it yourself, however it is unlikely to become canon and have a designated plugin branch for combat.

What he said.

Like I said before, I couldn't care less if it was accepted. Just spewing out ideas. But I do wonder how one can find Raw Energy to study in the material realm, but an acidmancer wouldn't be able to study alchemist's acids and maybe sulfur since it is commonly used in creating steel, glass, explosives, and even animal feed. Which is all probably apart of the lore. (Steel weapons, glass windows, explosive fireworks and the old TnT, animal feed is a stretch though.)

Like I said before, I couldn't care less if it was accepted. Just spewing out ideas. But I do wonder how one can find Raw Energy to study in the material realm, but an acidmancer wouldn't be able to study alchemist's acids and maybe sulfur since it is commonly used in creating steel, glass, explosives, and even animal feed. Which is all probably apart of the lore. (Steel weapons, glass windows, explosive fireworks and the old TnT, animal feed is a stretch though.)

Because Acids made by alchemists are not natural, they are produced by mixing a multitude of things together, therefore making it a man made material.

Because Acids made by alchemists are not natural, they are produced by mixing a multitude of things together, therefore making it a man made material.

Then again, if you know how something is made, what makes it up, inside and out down to the most basic form possible you should be able to conjure an exact duplicate and pull it from the void without issue. You can do that with fire, electricty (which idfk how anyone studies electricty/lightning.), water, some animals, plants, etc. Don't you think?

And by that I mean logically, and it would be "lore correct" or whatever you want to call it, if a little bit ridiculous. 

Then again, if you know how something is made, what makes it up, inside and out down to the most basic form possible you should be able to conjure an exact duplicate and pull it from the void without issue. You can do that with fire, electricty (which idfk how anyone studies electricty/lightning.), water, some animals, plants, etc. Don't you think?

And by that I mean logically, and it would be "lore correct" or whatever you want to call it, if a little bit ridiculous. 

Right, so you would probably have a BETTER chance understanding acid than you would say electricity, because you can artificially make it. But it could be OP. Because it is designed to fight armored people, which electromancer already to really well, and has the ability to chew through metals (Except Mage Gold and Obsidian). I think that is the main problem, how Over Powered it could be. Because like you pointed out, it does fit Evocation lore. 

Right, so you would probably have a BETTER chance understanding acid than you would say electricity, because you can artificially make it. But it could be OP. Because it is designed to fight armored people, which electromancer already to really well, and has the ability to chew through metals (Except Mage Gold and Obsidian). I think that is the main problem, how Over Powered it could be. Because like you pointed out, it does fit Evocation lore. 

Mostly, what I was pointing out is that Electricity evocation should never even be a thing. There's no way for our current level of technology/knowledge in RP in LotC for us to be able to "Create" electricity in the void, much less understand it so completely and thoroughly as needed to actually create it.

EDIT: Forgot to add this at the end: I know/knew it was OP. I was just pointing something out.

But so is conjuring flames on a whim. Technically, you could conjure flames at someone's feet and have them erupt in fire, or even entomb them in ice, or earth.

Edited by Demotheus

Mostly, what I was pointing out is that Electricity evocation should never even be a thing. There's no way for our current level of technology/knowledge in RP in LotC for us to be able to "Create" electricity in the void, much less understand it so completely and thoroughly as needed to actually create it.

EDIT: Forgot to add this at the end: I know/knew it was OP. I was just pointing something out.

But so is conjuring flames on a whim. Technically, you could conjure flames at someone's feet and have them erupt in fire, or even entomb them in ice, or earth.

I agree with you on that. Everything is OP in theory. I think acid RP should atleast get a Trial Run. Then if it is obviously OP then get rid of it. Like you said, I could win every battle as a Shaman by moving the air around your head until you suffocate. A Earth Evocationist could encase your head in stone. Electricity could probably stop your heart if it is strong enough. Priests can heal missing LIMBS. Even Illusion allows you to be cheap and just blind the person as you stab them.

All magic can be OP. I suggest judging things by testing them, not by the theory that it is over powered. We have already 'proved' that you could study acid enough to artificially create it. Why not be able to shape the void into what you can make in a lab?

I agree with you on that. Everything is OP in theory. I think acid RP should atleast get a Trial Run. Then if it is obviously OP then get rid of it. Like you said, I could win every battle as a Shaman by moving the air around your head until you suffocate. A Earth Evocationist could encase your head in stone. Electricity could probably stop your heart if it is strong enough. Priests can heal missing LIMBS. Even Illusion allows you to be cheap and just blind the person as you stab them.

All magic can be OP. I suggest judging things by testing them, not by the theory that it is over powered. We have already 'proved' that you could study acid enough to artificially create it. Why not be able to shape the void into what you can make in a lab?

Actually, just a random thing with Illusion, you can't illusion blindness unless you've been blinded before. You can't just 'OOH YOU'RE BLIND NOW!!!" Out of nowhere, as it'd be illogical and the illusion will fail. 

But if you think about it, swords and other weapons are OP too in the same sense. You can one shot someone with a sword, stab in the chest *shrug*

Again, you can't compare acid to something like water or earth. Those things occur naturally and are not /created/ by man. From the way you're saying it, we should also be able to conjure full on potions, and if we could do that... what exactly is the point of an alchemist? Just because you know how something is made doesn't mean you can evoke/conjure/pull it from the void.

Again, you can't compare acid to something like water or earth. Those things occur naturally and are not /created/ by man. From the way you're saying it, we should also be able to conjure full on potions, and if we could do that... what exactly is the point of an alchemist? Just because you know how something is made doesn't mean you can evoke/conjure/pull it from the void.

The thing with conjuring potions is that they would be useless. Drinking them would do nothing, much like drinking water does not provide nourishment.

Well an acid is basically a potion of sorts, so therefore it should do nothing, aye?

Well an acid is basically a potion of sorts, so therefore it should do nothing, aye?

no no, you don't understand.

Void magic, or more specifically Evocation/conjuration operates as such.

You have to be able to see the material, element, object, creature, plant, etc. that you're creating. You have to maintain Line of Sight of it. If you fill a glass with evocated water, that'd be fine. 

If you drink the water, well, when it passed your lips you can no longer see it and it would disappear completely, and be cast back to the void. Therefore, you cannot use it to nourish yourself.

Same goes with potions.