[Lore]The Crow In Angler Fish Cove

Maljurok

The Crow in Angler Fish Cove

Lore:

It has been ten years since The Crow went out into the north to train and explore. Tired and worn from his hard work and near constant training, The Crow had decided to go and find a peaceful place to rest and catch some fish. As he traveled down the path which leads to Malinor, he noticed a nearly unnoticeable road which lead away from the original path. Being someone who loved to explore, The Crow had decided to walk down this beaten path.  The path came to an end when it reached a river. The Crow followed the river until he noticed the river lead into a cave. He took a peek inside to find that on the other side of the cave was a shore and a vast ocean beyond it. Even though a river was flowing through the cave, further investigation had revealed to the crow that there was enough room for him to maneuver though the cave. The Crow walked through the cave, keeping track of his footing so he wouldn’t fall into the water. He was close to the other side when something in his peripheral vision caught his eye.

The Crow turned to see a small cavern in the cave almost completely filled with water. Inside the cavern that caught The Crow’s eye was a shining lantern that was poking out of the water. He looked more closely into the cavern and noticed that below the bright lantern in the water were two glowing eyes staring right back at him. The Crow leaned back surprised as he realized that what had caught his attention was a giant angler fish that was near the size of two men standing atop on another. The surprised expression behind his mask soon changed to perplexed as the animal slowly backed further into the cave. It seemed like the fish didn’t want anything to do with The Crow. The Crow was not frightened by the animal, but he was concerned for it. “Has this thing been getting enough to eat” thought The Crow. He scratched his head not knowing what to do when suddenly, after taking another look at the angler fish’s lure, an idea popped into his head.

The Crow quickly takes out a particular type of fish called sunfish and places them in a pile in front of him. He then lifts one of the fish by the tail above him so that a ray of light from the sun would shine upon the fish. As soon as the rays of the sun touched the sunfish, it glowed as bright as the lure of the anglerfish. The anglerfish intrigued by the sudden glowing light in its cave swam out of the cavern and into the cave system. The Crow quickly tossed the fish in while it was still glowing, the sunfish sunk into the water right in front of the angler fish revealing it’s face in full detail. Almost in the blink of an eye, the light from the sunfish had vanished as it was engulfed by the angler fish instantly. The angler fish, wanting more food, began swimming back and forth near The Crow. Happy to oblige the creature, he quickly picked up another sunfish and was just about to toss it in.

“What are you doing here?” yelled a raspy, feminine, and irritated voice coming from the side of the cave The Crow had entered from. Slowly, The Crow turns his head towards the source of the voice to see who it was. The source of the commotion came from one of the three individuals. Each of them appeared to be old and hunched over and wearing black pointed hats and robes. The only difference between the three of the mysterious individuals was the color of their robes. The one on the left was wearing red, the one on the right was wearing blue, and the final one was wearing purple.

Woman dressed in purple: “Perhaps your ears are deaf so I shall repeat myself again, what you are doing here?”

The Crow: *Raises his pointing finger to the trio asking for them to wait a moment as he holds his throat and moving his head side to side in an attempt to explain to them that he can’t talk.*

Woman dressed in red: “Did you catch that sisters, the poor thing can’t speak.”

Woman dressed in blue: “Even if it is the case, you’re not welcome here so leave or face the consequences.”

Woman dressed in purple: “wait just a second girls, take a look over there.” *she points to the anglerfish who is staring at The Crow as it gurgles, almost as if it is trying to purr.” “Would you look at that, our little guppy likes him. *sigh* If our little friend likes this stranger, then I guess he is alright with me.”

Woman dressed in red: “I agree.”

Woman dressed in blue: “Alright fine, but if he tries anything funny, I’m turning him into a frog.” *she says disgruntledly.*  

A few moments later, the three women and The Crow sit on a blanket along the sandy shore.  As they enjoy a lovely drink of tea, The Crow explains to the trio through writing who he was and what he was doing here.

Woman dressed in purple: “well you certainly picked one heck of a spot to go fishing now didn’t you.” *She giggles.* “You can call me Mabara, nice to meet you Crow.”

Woman dressed in red: “My name is Babara, it’s so nice to have guests again. I apologize if our accommodations don’t suit your needs, we didn’t use to live here you know.”

Woman dressed in blue: “We’d still have our home if it weren’t for an angry mob running us out of it. My name is Labara by the way.”

Mabara: You see Crow, if you didn’t already know, we are witches.  Since witches aren’t practically welcomed by anyone, we eventually found and made this cove our home.

Babara: “It wasn’t long after when we found Swimy, he seemed rather lonely and sad as if someone abandoned him. It didn’t take long for him to get attached to us though.

Labara: “The best part about Swimy’s size was that it was big enough to drive anyone away as soon as they saw it, that’s why they call this place Angler fish cove.”

Babara: “He may seem scary and dangerous, but he’s really sweet once you take the time to know him” *she giggles.*

The Crow: *writes* “She.”

Mabara: “I’m sorry what do you mean exactly?”

The Crow: *writes* Swimy isn’t a he, rather it is a girl.”

Babara: “How can you tell?” *she appears confused.*

The Crow: *Writes* “During my studies, I found a tidbit about the gender of an anglerfish, apparently the males are incredibly tiny compared to the females.”

Labara: “Hah, someone must really like his fish.”

Mabara: “oh don’t mind her, Labara can be quite a grouch most of the time.”

Labara: “I may be moody but I’m not deaf you old hag!”

Mabara: “Look who is talking toad face!”

Babara: “Sisters please, we have a guest remember.”

The Crow: “…”

The Crow: *writes* “I am happy that you ladies have a safe place to stay, but I am not sure this place will be safe for long.”

Labara: “If you’re trying to threaten three witches, you better have the power to back it up ya fool!”

The Crow: *raises his hands and moves them forward to have the witches wait for a second*

The Crow: *writes* “Certainly you have seen what has been going on in these lands, I fear that it is only a matter of time before this land and your home will be swallowed by the twisted presence here. I was merely trying to warn you about the coming threat and for you to find a new land for your own safety.”

Labara: “We don’t need your sympathies boy, we are witches in case you already forgot and we can handle ourselves.”

Babara: “I don’t want to leave either, I had finally gotten used to living here.”

Mabara: “Sisters, I’m afraid our guest may have a point. As powerful as we are, this enemy that threatens our land is too powerful and too large in numbers to fight by ourselves. Besides, I had overheard a group of travelers a while back who were talking about a new and unclaimed land. They didn’t mention what the name of this place was, only that it was a boat’s trip from here. ”

Babara: “I’m not sure, besides what about Swimy? I couldn’t possibly leave knowing she would have to fend for herself.”

Labara: “Well we can’t bring her along with us either, her size might attract unwanted attention to us which might get killed before we ever get to this new land Mabara spoke of.”

Mabara: “What about leaving her with someone who would be willing to take care of her.”

Labara: “Oh please, who do we know personally that could be responsible and competent enough to take care of a giant fish?”

As Labara finished asking her question all three of the witches stood there, looking at each other, and not uttering a single word for a minute or two. Suddenly, the three sisters slowly turned their head all at once to The Crow who had been watching them biker about what to do. As all of the eyes of the witch sisters pointed towards The Crow, he leaned back a bit a little concerned about what the sisters had in store for him.

Mabara: “Crow, we’ve only known you for a short bit, which is why we are rather hesitant about asking you this. Not only have you been so kind to us, but you also seem very knowledgeable about animals. That is why we ask of you for this one favor from us. Would you be so kind as to take care of Swimy in our stead?”

Babara: “It is clear to us now that this place is no longer safe and that we must leave, but there is no way we could go knowing that Swimy will be alone to fend for herself. So please say yes to our plea.”

Labara: “And if you refuse, we can always just turn you into a frog and leave you like that until you agree so answer carefully.” *she then follows it up with a cackle*

The Crow: “…”

The Crow: *grasps the chin of his mask with his right hand and ponders for a few seconds*

The Crow *quickly writes* “I accept your offer, it is the least I can do for you ladies considering I am asking so much from you.”

Mabara: “Thank you dear… Alright ladies, we’re heading to the docks so get your things and let’s get going now before there aren’t any boats to use.”

The witches quickly gather their things that were inside of the cave and head for the exit.

Mabara: “Oh I almost forgot.” *she quickly walks back to The Crow*

Mabara: *Pulls out what appears to be a horn of some sort* “Take it for it belongs to you now. We found that horn behind some rocks on the same day we stumbled upon this cave. Apparently, Swimy seems to respond to the horn whenever someone blows into it. Use it whenever you need her or wish to see her. Swimy isn’t magic so before you use the horn, make sure she can get to you from the sea first. If you ever come to that land I spoke of, make sure to give us a visit, and thanks for everything.”

Mabara waves to The Crow as heads out along with her two sisters who were waiting for her. The Crow merely waves back to the three elderly women as they make their way to the docks. Once the witches were out of sight, The Crow turns to Swimy who seems sad that her friends have left her alone. Here attention, however, quickly turns to a glowing sunfish that had landed into the water with her and quickly swallows the fish. The angler fish then turns to the man who was still there in the cave with her and sticks her head out of the water to get a better look at the man. The Crow looks into the angler fish’s eyes and slowly extends his hand towards her nose and successfully pets the creature. As he continues petting Swimy, words flow out of The Crows mouth which were: “It’s alright, we will see those women again someday…that my friend is a promise…

Use in Role-play:

The Horn of the Angler Fish: Summons the aid of Swimy the angler fish. She can only successfully be summoned so long as it is in a body of water which is connected to the ocean.

Swimy is big enough to carry both an adult person and a child sized person/child.

Swimy will be mainly used as a mode of transporting someone or something across a body of water so long as it is connected to the ocean and so long as someone blows the horn to summon her.

White Rose: being previously trained by the White Rose, Swimy still retains that obedience to those who had previously trained her and those she considers close friends.

Swimy is capable of assisting those who either may not know how to swim or those who aren’t able to swim as easily like my character “The Crow” since he wears 4 pieces of training gear, each weighing 40 pounds, since he barely takes them off, swimming would be next to impossible for him as well as others who may wear heavy armor and etc. most of the time.

I just thought I'd toss this out there...

Are you the same "Crow" who my first character on my return to LotC (Theus) RP'd with? As well as the first person I actually Rp'd with on the server since I had returned???

HAI!!!

I just thought I'd toss this out there...

Are you the same "Crow" who my first character on my return to LotC (Theus) RP'd with? As well as the first person I actually Rp'd with on the server since I had returned???

HAI!!!

Hello there, it is nice to meet you again, what did you think of my lore by the by?