Sign in to follow this  
Rhia

Modreqs - How To Make One And When To Make One

Hello LoTC,

Not sure if there is already a guide like this but, I feel an official one needs to be made. Gm's often get modreqs (Moderator requests) that didn't need to be made as a player could have handled it themselves with the right know how! So... Here it is... A GM's guide to modreqs:

First things first, How to make a modreq:

Type /Modreq with a short explanation of what you need help with, It will give you something along the lines of "# of modreq has been filed please wait for a GM to assist you".

Please don't ever PM a GM to do your modreq, they are done in the order received and at a GM's earliest convenient, Doing modreqs isn't the GM's only job and sometimes you will have to wait. 

If you decided you no longer need help type /done # (The number given when you first placed your modreq) 

If you don't know your modreq # try /check

If it's a modreq that really doesn't need you (unlocking a sign or Log blocking something that was griefed) make the modreq AT the right location and not in the middle of no where. The plugin records your location and we can TP right to it. 

This covers the basics of modreqs, Now on to times that you should and should not make a modreq:

• Don't make a modreq to get something that occurred in rp log blocked (As in "Who placed this RP sign"). A GM should NEVER give this information out as it clearly will lead to metagaming. If it happened in RP solve it in RP. Do make a modreq if something you have made has been griefed (As in no RP signs left behind). - On a side note to this, if you do damage something in RP try to leave a clue as to who did it. You are not creating rp by leaving a sign that says "Something is missing". 
  • Don't make a modreq for an event, It's very important that you can sustain your own RP without GM interference. If you are hosting an event try and talk to a ET/GM well before hand to help you with it. Please don't ever expect a GM or ET member to drop everything and start roleplaying with you. Do make a modreq for your event if all you need a broadcast. 
  • Don't make a modreq if you want a chest locked or something only obtained with a VIP perk. Do try and find a VIP in RP and see if they will play as "Locksmith" "Gate crafter" ect. for you.
  • Don't make more than one modreq for the same thing, unless the locations are very far apart but related. Do make multiple modreqs if they are actually needed, like "floating trees here" "Can I get this sign unlocked" ect. and the locations are somewhat far apart. 
  • Don't make a modreq for multiple questions on rules or recent changes without checking the forums first. The forums are a vital part of running the server and although you don't have to participate in discussion you should be keeping up with server changes VIA the update sections! Do make a modreq if you need clarification on a change, it's fine to have questions but rather tiresome to have to answer 10 questions on something that is clearly explained on the forums. 
  • Don't make a modreq to ask for items to be spawned in, even if you "Made it in RP". You need to have an MC item equivalent if you want your "Rp crafted" item named. 
  • Do make a modreq if someone is clearly breaking rules or you need help sorting out a disagreement. 
  • Do make a modreq if you need help with something only a GM can help you with and isn't a don't listed above. (Obviously) 

Also, please do your best to have patience when your modreq is claimed. Often or not if it is taking some time for the GM to help you even though they have claimed your req they are getting Pmed about something and asking them if they planned to help you any time soon will just slow up the process. 

If your modreq is claimed and isn't completed before the GM logs off for some reasons, feel free to make a new one letting the other GM's know that they did not complete it before logging. 

If you had to go before your modreq was complete and you log back in to find it closed and still not done chances are they needed more information from you to complete it, Just remake your modreq. If it could have been done while you were away (Like removing floating leaves) and was closed without completion then shame on that GM and I understand your frustration ;) 

And last but not least, please and thank you can get you VERY far with a GM. We donate our time to the server and a thank you now and then really feels awesome :)

Thanks for reading! 

(Also please don't comment on wait time for modreqs in this thread, every time zone is different and every GM isn't going to be on everyday, We are always working to cut down on Modreq wait time.)

Very helpful guide. I was always very shy with modreqs, and never really wanted to bother the GMs with things. This helps a lot.

This needed to be said. Even if it seems kind of condescending, still, I'm glad this is out there now. Hopefully there will be more sense now with requesting GMs.

What I would do personally is config CraftBukkit to spit out a message that links this page whenever someone types the command /modreq. This needs to be seen.

Well done hopefully this cuts down on modreq time.

Good guide :D

Most important thing is to thank the GM, because, no matter what, they are helping you, and not the other way around.

So, in the scenario of craftbook being down, would you be able to modreq in order to get the crafted items if you have the necessary items to do the craftbook recipe?

So, in the scenario of craftbook being down, would you be able to modreq in order to get the crafted items if you have the necessary items to do the craftbook recipe?

Yes, but currently craftbook is up. :)

Modreq time is so short. I mean, in comparison to most support lines that are paid for for actual companies, a few hours vs a week is something I'm happy with.

Haha, Rhia, take that, I'm commenting on the wait time.

Sign in to follow this