Clan of the Black Axe - Recruiting Thread

Decks of the Black Axe

((Updated my OP. my IGN is BenBestvater if you want to contact me, or shoot me a message on the forums. Could I also get the location so I can check the place out?))

We are now looking for an experienced Warlord to join the council, as well as many other roles and general Clan Members.

Some of th' roles you could fill... Clan Cook, Groundskeeper, Apprentice Blacksmiths, Miners, Farmer, and general Warrior, plus we are open ta' any other roles that you think could benefit tha clan.

MCname:ayresalex

Character Name:Ayre_Salex

RL Age: 16

General Area/Timezone: Mountain TIme

Short Character Bio: Raised a miner, became an architect/ military engineer.

Position Desired:Engineer and/or Warlord

Why you would like to become a member of the Black Axe:A fellow dwarf messaged me

Any special skills you possess: Erm.. no.

Screenshots or links to MC creations: Eh... File currupted. Damn.

PvP experience: I served as guard for some other servers

Anything else we should know:Nope

MCname: Cosmic_Cowboy

Character Name: Gulik Shortbeard

RL Age: 18

General Area/Timezone: U.S. Mountain Time

Short Character Bio: A dwarf raised from the age of four under the tutelage of a great human general. Led a dwarf army for five years against human oppressors. Accordingly, bears a lingering resentment towards humans.

Position Desired: Warlord

Why you would like to become a member of the Black Axe: After researching the political atmosphere of the dwarven race, I have decided that the Black Axe best suits my values and interests. This seems to be the only clan willing to face threats from the outside world, so I believe this is where my skills are most needed.

Any special skills you possess: Simply a highly logical and observant mind.

Screenshots or links to MC creations: I never claimed to be an imaginative architect, but I am a decent engineer, and a great defensive planner. ((Actually, I've built much better structures, just on computers I can't access any more. So this is all I can show you.))

PvP experience: I prefer to leave the actual fighting to more able-bodied dwarves, but I'm no coward. I'll gladly take up a sword in defense of my home and my cause, and fight 'till victory or defeat!((I have some experience with PvP, but I have too much lag to be effective in close combat. I have lots of experience with leadership and strategy, however.))

Anything else we should know: ((I am a regular contributor to Valerius_Maximus's Art of War thread on minecraftforum.net as Locke_Erasmus. Look it up, I'm adding new material all the time. I think I would make a perfect warlord for Black Axe.))

Aye it is Nigthhealz, but as I mentioned you will need to prove yourself as a warrior before being given the Warlord position.

We aren't Orcs. Surely we are not so primitive as to choose our leaders through combat?

We do take account, when choosin' a warlord, the physical prowess of tha dwarf and 'ow he 'andles 'imself in combat.

MCname:trotski24

Character Name:Nosor

RL Age:14

General Area/Timezone:GMT

Short Character Bio:Nosor is in general helpful he likes farming because he is a forest dwarf and building because he is one of those people who likes to leave his mark. After only just arriving in Aegis he helped a band of orcs and humans assault the undead, later whilst exploring Kal'urguan he was recruited into the UAC and later fought at snowy fields and saw its utter destruction. After roaming from place to place ,including Kar'Alf where he met Brazian, for a while he came across the rangers and helped them construct there base in a secret forest and then in Kar'alf since then he has also helped out at the city of Aeriel.

Position Desired:Architect/Builder or Farmer if necessary I may later take on a higher position if the opportunity presents its self

Why you would like to become a member of the Black Axe:If anything it is to help but also to have somewhere where I can make a recognizable difference.

Any special skills you possess:Stats wise I'm well rounded most things are 25-35. I am a creative builder.

Screenshots or links to MC creations:Unfortunately I am not particularly sentimental about my buildings and most of the ones that took ages which I was sentimental about the screen shots have long ago been lost in hard drive clean ups and I'm not going on all my old servers to find my old creations.

PvP experience:PvP servers are my favourite especially when they have good plugins and are well moderated. Servers with clans or just groups I like especially ones that have lots of action battles ,betrayal ,running for your life with an inventory full of items etc.

Anything else we should know:Not really but I suppose I should put something. I am a good sport a creative builder, I have a cunning mind and I like helping.

Last minute thought: Maybe you should make me a spy who knows?

i was recruited by BA_Brazian so ill be joining the guild and also i've already been given a home by Brazian but i don't have any permissions for it.

OOC: Gulik where did you get a signature like that... Its simply amazing..

OOC: Jadle's Signatures and Skins.

I drew my own signature on my computer, but it didn't turn out quite as nice as I wanted. So I took some screenshots of Kal'Domhain and gave them along with my skin template to Jadle, with instructions to get the same sort of thing as my painting, and he gave me my sig.

Just because I'm still slightly proud that I made it (if only because of the time it took), here's my painting:

banner3.png

I do like the moon and the clouds. Those are nice.

((I can't find any more central forum for this clan, so I'll post this here.))

Some startling changes have occurred in Aegis.

I was furnishing my tower at Kal'Domhain the other day when I accidentally set off my Soulstone, transporting myself to Kal'Urguan. As I began my weary journey home, I noticed some strange differences in the land I have traveled so often.

The first was in Koronoe, where I happened on a multitude of messages, announcing that the town had been overtaken by the Undead, and would be destroyed in less than a week. The town itself was already in ruin, and I didn't encounter so much as zombie as I passed through the opposite gate.

As I neared Al'Khazar, I was baffled to see a blanket of snow covering the surroundings. The city itself had been drastically altered. A new, imposing wall blocked the way that I usually took around the city. Inside, mysterious figures lurked in the shadows, and I did not stop to engage them. At last I entered a sector of the city that seemed familiar, but the snow remained.

The trail leading past Crimson Vale towards the ruins of Alstion had become a road, with signs declaring it to be the way to some place named Cistina and a rebuilt Fort Alstion. As I approached the new Fort Alstion, I decided to enter, with the hopes of finding an East gate, and perhaps acquiring some supplies to support me on the last leg of the journey. Outside the east gate, there were two rows of a strange, fleshy red rock that I had never seen before. There was no East gate, so I threaded between the monotonous houses back to the West gate, when I heard a strange noise. I paused to listen. It seemed to me like strange echoes one might hear in a damp dungeon, that had not been visited by civilized beings in millenia. Yet it was loud enough that I could hear it through the very earth beneath my feet. I was visited by a strange, inexplicable sense of dread. No one appeared to be manning the fort, so I let myself into the nearest door, hoping to find the source of the strange noise. The door led to a small room, with no other doors, but a ladder leading downwards. Excited, I descended into a similar room, this one furnished with two locked chests and some workbenches. A hallway led off to the South, so I explored it. The hallway had iron doors on either side, leading into cells with walls of pure obsidian. At the end of the short hallway, there were double locked door. Looking through the small windows of these doors, I saw flames licking against the glass, burning the same red rock I had seen outside the gate. The room beyond the doors seemed no larger than a closet, and the sounds were not issuing from it, so I turned around to explore further. I reentered the room with the chests, and noticed another locked door off to the side. The sounds were coming from behind this door. I peered through the window. Most of the room beyond was blocked from view by an extension of the wall, but I did see a strange, purple mist. I was in fear as if for my life, but I could not understand why. I hastily exited the fort and set off for Kal'Domhain with a wild story to tell.

Upon leaving the fort behind me, the strange sense of fear immediately left me, and I decided to pay a visit to whatever new community had sprung up so suddenly, calling itself Cistina. The road lead North from Fort Alstion, for quite a ways. The city itself was marvelously grand, though it was very compact. Much of the city was located underground, and included the largest underground farm I had ever seen. Enough golden grain was there to fill the Valley of Kal'Domhain, and then some. No one appeared to be in the city, so I went straight to Kal'Domhain.

I noticed that I had encountered no one, besides the strange beings in Al'Khazar.

Make of my story what you will, but there are strange goings-on in Aegis, very close to our beloved castle in the mountains. The undead are stirring, and I fear it bodes ill for the dwarves of the North.

OOC: Very well written! You should post this in the dwarven roleplay section also, so that more people will be able to enjoy it.