[Revision - Fi'hiiran'tanya] Abolishment of Tempered

Treshure

KdeLTqa.png?1

Long have the high lords of Haelun’or, the Elibar’acals, commanded respect with those to behold their ways. However, these times have long past. With the vile manipulation and redirection of souls with Taeleh Elibar’acal, the magic was corrupted in essence, its secrets being brought shamefully for the world to witness and scorn. The elder lords of Fi’hiiran’tanya shrunk back into ambiguous shadows of concealment, where the immortal Elvish curse sustained them until the blight of Fi’hiiran’tanya was forgotten from the mortal world. As the perversed form of the Golden Owl fell, it’s wayward form of Fi’ was also lost to time.

In time, the spheres began to surrender to entropy. The orb of which Fi’ users used began to subside in strength and ability due to the orb being filled with the fragmented, shattered form of a soul. Though it was strong in potential, the orbs could not imitate the living essence of a mortal and thus could not be the mediator between the void and the ailer; such is impossible to maintain. The elder masters of Fi’hiiran’tanya, who have since long hidden their face from the world, grew wary of their waning ability to manipulate physical objects. And such, many Tempered users fell victim to their own creations and were forced to facilitate the evil they once had; the incorporation of a living soul link had become necessary. However, the knowledge they had obtained through Tempered Fi’hiiran’tanya was not lost, being brought into their existing knowledge to solidify the magicks.

The elder masters of Ailer’tanya began to learn the abilities of augmenting their voidal redirection capabilities to target the mana directly in an individual, thus transferring the ability from Tempered to drain mana. With much work, they preserved the methods of silencing and ridding of Deity and Voidal magic by either directing the evoked mana to the void or cutting a connection from the enemy ailer to his/her deity. Though there was a price to pay - the anguish and torment of the enslaved soul was burdened upon the ailer’s essence, tearing into their mind with vague, maddening whispers of betrayal, the vices of those inclined towards darker secrets. Their bodies yielded to the pains of two voidal connections, withering away far greater than any mage. Their presence in heavily enchanted areas would weaken them, aching their soul with discomfort and eventual peril.

These are the prices to pay for the sins of our fathers.

~The Bottom Line~

• Fi’hiiran’tanya will no longer operate on external soul manipulation; tempered will be removed, all of it’s abilities being transferred to the normal Fi’hiiran’tanya (that being Mana draining and tearing corruption away from a soul).

• All of the side effects that a Fi’hiiran’tanya user would experience, returns.

• Any tempered users previously who had not performed the original Fi’ ritual will be forced to start over again at Tier 1, as they have never delved in this type of Fi’.

• The original subtypes to Fi’hiiran’tanya will return, a simple two in comparison to the mess with Tempered. Fi’hiiran’seth will deal with voidal silencing/”redirection”/mana draining. Fi’hiiran’acalae deals with deity and dark arts silencing/mana draining.

•  

Keep in mind, disenchanting items will still fall under their respective subtypes. If it was enchanted through arcane means, it would fall under ‘seth. Deity/dark arts, ‘Acalae. This suggestion brings the magic back to it’s old roots, removes the ‘holy order’ aspect from it, and heavily balances it with all of the old side affects current Tempered users have the liberty not to experience.

The lore is not extremely detailed simply because it portrays a simple revision, however it is due to greatly help the magic. Deuces.

Yes. +1. And yes, I actually did +1 your post. I know how you hate it when people say +1 without actually +1’ing the post. Or was it you? Perhaps it was Magicpastry, can never tell the two of you apart. . . Maybe because you are one and the same!??!?!?!?!?

+1

Thank you for doing this, hope to see it RP'd well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Fi can remove taint from a soul, on a side note was this approved by the rest of the Fi users?

1 hour ago, Wendigo said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Fi can remove taint from a soul, on a side note was this approved by the rest of the Fi users?

Connor's tempered lore allows for an ailer to rip corruption from a soul - I'm on the bus so I'll get a quote for you when I'm home. Every active Fi' unanimously agreed with the revisions. Should the lore pass, the teacher applications will surely be put to use.

I was under the impression that Fi couldn't sense taint, this goes all the way back to October.

make remove **** changes to my lore by a corrupt LM who just wanted to make them more powerful for his own benefits +1

This lore has been accepted. It shall be sorted into the existing lore soon, but this thread itself shall be moved to denied.