We've added the ability to disable snow for those struggling to browse the forums with it. Scroll down to the bottom of any page, click themes and select the drop down item "Lord of the Craft v4.1.16.1 (No Snow)". Enjoy!

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Media Wizard

YouTube Survey! | Zilldude Needs Some Help

11 posts in this topic

rPozAcP.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

Heyo, everyone! Me again.

So the launch of my new YouTube Channel - Penguin Team - has been doing rather well and I'm very happy with the response I've received so far. Going forward with this I am hoping to build up a bit more retention than my previous channels have had. The reason for this is the notable difference in views on the videos I posted here on the forums as opposed to those I left freely up to YouTube's search traffic. From what I've gathered I have a pretty decent following here on the Forums just from my past work on the Media Team as well as some pretty awesome friends!

My plan thus far is to ask you all for another favor. Included in this post will be a link to a Google Survey I created to try and gather some more information on how I should conduct myself going forward to maximize my community. Its only a few questions long and would go a long way in helping me grow as a Creator.

Thank you all for your support and I hope to keep creating fun and enjoyable videos for you all. Adios!

Google Survey   [Click the Link to the left]

YouTube Channel   [Click the Link to the left]

- Shawn, Zilldude

good stuff 

1 hour ago, arockstar28 said:

good stuff 

51 minutes ago, Chaw said:

good stuff

44 minutes ago, MadYeAd said:

good stuff

18 minutes ago, Man of respect said:

good stuff

good stuff

Thank you everybody for responding so far! With the current results as they've come in, I've arrived at a few conclusions. They are listed below.

1. How should I inform my audience of a video being posted?

I believe creating a Twitter to handle releasing updates and videos is a good idea to start in conjunction with the YouTube Subscriber updates. Also, I believe making a thread on LotC’s Forums to allow for video pushes may be a good idea as well.

2. Which ideas for a weekly show do you like?

From the close polls I believe three options are in order: start a weekly show where I play a random video game, do a weekly Q/A video, and start an LotC series. For now I will focus on the first two before deciding on how to approach the third while still being able to maintain an active audience.

3. What kinds of videos do you most enjoy?

The obvious answer here is Let’s Plays and Live-action. This new channel will mostly be Let’s Plays, but I’ll focus on Live-action as well.

4. Should I consider having a few friends in my videos to add banter and discussion points?

This one is almost evenly split two ways. I have decided to go with the first two heavy hitters for now: making gameplay videos with friends over the internet as well as trying out a few short episodes of playing with friends LAN style in person.

5. Any games you would recommend me playing?

Current choices are: Horror Titles, LotC, Overwatch, Dark Souls, GTA V, SpeedRunners, Battlerite, and Running With Rifles. That seems like a good line-up for now.

6. How often should I upload.

I was glad we both agreed on this. I’ll be hoping to start with 1-2 videos per week and maybe progressing to 3. For now they’ll most likely go up on Mondays and Thursdays. No promises for now, though.

7. With the suggestions you provided and your knowledge of me so far, would you recommend your friends to watch one of my videos?

D’aww. You mostly said “Yes” or “Maybe” and that is good enough for me!

I'm glad someone in the community is doing this sort of thing. Keep it up.

LOTC WITH ME 

LOTC WITH ME

LOTC WITH ME

THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I LIKE ZILLDUDE