The Road to Vsevograd [Warclaim]

seannie

https://soundcloud.com/themesser/tarus-1

“My GOD is smiling at me, Courlander. Can you say the same?”

-Adelwen Ruthern to Frederick Staunton-Baden, at the Massacre of Alexandria

EEAImzh.jpg

Scene from the siege of Kraken’s Watch.
C. 1567, Jakub MacDonaugh

“They dare to murder boys! Children, who had been summoned to the court of their liege lord only to be slain. There is no greater dishonor in this land than to slay those who are defenseless, and this Kingdom has done just that! And over what? Coin? King Joseph has given us no other option. First Courland took my cousin and now they take my nephew. These crimes cannot go unpunished, my lords. Courland must pay for their sins.” Those assembled within the meeting room of Metterden nodded, Lord Vladrick’s words resonating with them.

“They claimed to have staunchly anti-imperialistic, and yet they show the same imperialistic tendencies as their Horen predecessors, and all while their petty King pleasures the Emperor in their private quarters,” said the young bannerman Nikolai, his crude language surprising most of those assembled. “They spit on our children, they spit on our heritage, and they spit on our very nature as sons of Horen!”

“These race traitors want our land? I plan on giving each of them exactly six feet of it.” The Lord Vladrick would turn to his scribe, Harren. “Send word to everyone that Courland has wronged. I believe it’s time House Staunton reaps what it has sowed.”

OOC

WARCLAIM

Tier Chosen (This cannot be changed after the first warclaim is held): 1

Type of battle: Skirmish

Date And Time: Saturday May 20th, 3pm EST, 8pm GMT, 12pm PST.

Side A: House Ruthern + Allies

Side B: Kingdom of Courland + Allies

Location and boundaries:

Direct Area:

mq_C0t1nMkQNDvyrYI7aRNcoQE7Re3InginvyuQQA3dCl1s6mCR4jUCVmqvknpnBUrsDFChhHmMvFs3vElUTXa_j7XUd3Pg435y5tFwFp8WkpLqC9nq8k0MMpxZdNkUkK__PkRcr

Surrounding area of battlefield for reference to location:

4ApnV9b9aohR0arIROpwyq1XfwzVpix0cTm2muFmi5UZiLyoStnRyEztt80yaqEyoWr8Jx1vExK0Ql8oezN9Sf_qfR8UDsCrL18PemKnBXnnYDV4uIjtqo35y2JldqqnuOa8t3r7

Terms of Victory

VICTORY FOR ATTACKERS-
Attacking forces are killed or driven from the field of battle.

VICTORY FOR DEFENDERS-
Attacking forces are killed or driven from the field of battle.

Upon Victory For...

Side A:
House Ruthern is allowed to proceed with a siege on Vsevograd

Side B:
House Ruthern cannot launch an offensive attack for 2 weeks

Rules:
No status switching.
All LoTC rules.
No golden apples.
No one day alts.

If a side does not show they forfeit.

I would like a Skype group set up, however considering this is a rebellion, of a small county, we have the right to insta-siege the fortress. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what was going to happen during the coalition war when we took control of Ostwick, even though it was a huge ass fortress. On top of that, we won't be accepting allies. This is an internal rebellion, you are surrounded by the greyspine to your south and the duchy of Akovia to your north, and... we will not be accepting /any/ one day alts https://gyazo.com/7cb1708bf813fb45448a6aea018f95f5   that is your region list, we're not prepared to fight oren/haense again as per usual, we're gona be sticking with realistic rp and only allowing those on the region list, who probably rp in metterdern, to help in the defence

Keaton's region list - https://gyazo.com/c586de4d303df2dc3255471ba0e28949

Speaking as one of the leaders of House Ruthern, no. I don't believe that you would be allowed to wc Metterden without a skirmish but that is irrelevant since that's not the warclaim that's occuring. We are skirmishing in the Rothswood so we can move on to Vsevograd, I fail to see why it's relevant if you could or couldn't move straight to siege on metterden

Secondly, we reject your suggestion that we can not bring allies. Metterden castle is built directly on the pass over the greyspine mountains, we control the pass through the mountains. The mountains don't block us off from allies as we hold the tunnel that goes trough them. Joining our cause is aa simple as walking up the road from the human cart hub until you reach metterden. Courland does not own any forts or castles there, nor do they have a way from blocking pro-Ruthern recruits from joining up. 

Someone was hurt about things that were said within the roleplay section of this post, so in accordance to a FM's suggestion, I shall be editing the post appropriately. 

hip hoppity

This Warclaim will take place as a SKIRMISH for the central fields of Haense and the Rothswood, and due to the central positioning on this field, the victor will be able to progress with a siege of any central location in Hanese (Northmarch, Vsevograd, Istria, Metterden, Vasililand, Oak Shade, Ayr, etc.). The Warclaim will take place at 2PMEST / 7PMGMT on SATURDAY, MAY 20TH. A Warzone will be up by Tuesday night.

Wait, will the Tosali lands be involved in the warclaim? I just saw the lands on the map and was just wondering if it was going to be involved.

On 5/16/2017 at 4:47 PM, Tosali said:

Wait, will the Tosali lands be involved in the warclaim? I just saw the lands on the map and was just wondering if it was going to be involved.

Yeah your manor happens to be in the middle of the battlefield.

Uh.

Surprise?

Victory for the Rebellion!