herculean_wud

THE HULPHONITES: VOL. II

Scribed by Sulayik Spitzer

image?w=452&h=356&rev=7&ac=1

“ሳንቲም ሽንትና ማኩርት.”

“A foul and sickening, invasive people…”

- Illyr’maylu of the Adelburg Constabulary C. 1620

INTRODUCTION

The Hulphonites are a consequence of the eighteen years war of Vailor: they began humbly as dwarves and men who hated the bureaucracy and dogma of the reigning superiorities, who found common cause and relation through the war and their displacement. As a result of their general outlook they are viewed by the populaces of dwarf and man as repulsive; additionally as avaricious heretics, due to their intermingling with the dwed. And so,  throughout their short history, they have been discriminated against, ostracised from the comfort of living among the common man. Due to this treatment, they have grown to be mistrusting of strangers, and protective of their possessions.

image?w=380&h=297&rev=5&ac=1

(Anti-Hulphonite propaganda)

APPEARANCE

A stirring pot of culture and humanity is what they have been described as. And though it was intended as a derogatory remark, it does not stray too far from the truth. For within their blood is a plethora of ethnicities, namely ranging from: Waldenian, Qualasheen, Andael, Relourian, Batavian, Raevir and even that of dwarves. Naturally, they have some quite profound features. Equally, though, many Hulphonites cannot be identified as Hulphonites due to the disparity in features amongst them, but a collection of attributes are a mainstay amongst the ‘purer’ Hulphonites, who can as a result, be identified with relative ease. Chief among these attributes are a hooked nose…

OQxTq8UG7fFplkrnP8XxvC07ijfL0FDzWwrT6lCNrI_flc1Ac826YIxUvfAc4wku81zwk2ME5wcvSyrW_u4Re7NydaWeVbdgJYp3CF4gO65ngivqVeEU_dWXMvmdA6GuUdQmH4Wd

Nose? No, no, my good man, that is no nose! Moreso a beak of some wretched crow, hooked and curved for pecking.

-t. A Guard of the Constabulary C. 1630, prior to the execution of Falk Geldmeister

OQxTq8UG7fFplkrnP8XxvC07ijfL0FDzWwrT6lCNrI_flc1Ac826YIxUvfAc4wku81zwk2ME5wcvSyrW_u4Re7NydaWeVbdgJYp3CF4gO65ngivqVeEU_dWXMvmdA6GuUdQmH4Wd

…with dark curled hair, olive skin, piggish form and grey or blueish eyes close contenders. This aside, it is not uncommon to see Hulphonites of a much fairer complexion, with some sporting dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

LANGUAGE

Spoiler

CLASSICAL JEZIK

W.I.P

COLLOQUIAL JEZIK

W.I.P

HULPHONITE FEUDALISM

Hulphonite Feudalism is a combination of legal and military customs within and amongst Hulphonite society and the infamous caravan train of prior times. Broadly defined, it is a way of structuring society around relationships derived from the holding of titles, small levies and property in exchange for service or labour.

image?w=624&h=244&rev=2&ac=1

Most of the titles presented here are defunct due to their small numbers and lack of territory. The feudalist principle remains in Hulphonite common knowledge, not only because it is a mainstay of their history, but as a precedent should their territory expand...  

በጭራሽ አትርሳ

QtuzuG_7NH5sfQwdTWfM6PyzPPrEned8fOMqsvw3PsZNvZPEurRZ5qJOuOoxBLYdZfzwvsek90e-NzEq7OMEqMyqQyIhwxUqzNDOZdylR8lfNiceosWGa-bnD1FdAqb9w3_74u1Z