The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cordial

Times are Gone

7 posts in this topic

Dwalin Irongut sits solemnly in his abode, his mind being swept away with his thoughts. Thoughts of his family, his friends, of his children. However, one place bright thought kept resurfacing amongst the black of the void of his mind. The thought of his Kingdom... His people. The Dwedmar. But, ever so as the dwarf of yore did, he sat at his desk, thumping his tenets and smoking his pipe. But as the old dwarf sat in his own resolve, he pulled out a quill tipped in ink and a few pieces of dried parchment.

“To whomever might find these letters. Whether ye be Dwed, Human, Elf, er Orc. My name is Dwalin Irongut. Son of Grand King Skippy Irongut. Like many of the aged dwarves, I remember a strong Urguan. A proud Urguan. I remember when Frostbeards weren’t slaughtered, and when Kings lasted for more than a few stone months. And while many claim to know what Urguan was, can we really look back at what it could have been? All these kings claiming to do these amazing things! Whether they be for Yemekar, for the Dwedmar, or for Urguan himself. And people seem to be surprised when they go back on their word. Well, I say nae to those who covet the jewels in their crown, or the hilt of their blade, or the pouch of their gold to find their right to rule our home. Now, more than ever, however gone she may be.. Urguan needs a King fit for her throne. I ask that this King, whatever Clan name he bears, that they look to what Urguan could be. For times are gone for honest Dwedmar, and sometimes even far too gone for snakes.” ~ Signed,

Dwalin Irongut

Warden of the Aerielian Flame

And with his opinion written, he stamped the letters with the sigil of Clan Irongut, and as he sent away the crows bearing his words, the hope in his eyes diminished. His home is no more.

"Hmpff,  Alweyz blah'n uhb uhld, inztehd ub aktualli mayk'n a chaynjj." Hazurk scoffed, shaking his head.

Edited by Honor

Barradin would shake his head after reading through the letter, muttering to himself.

"Urguan had its time and place, but ultimately did more evil than good for us Dwedmar. We now have the chance to take back our own destinies with a new kingdom instead of slowly fading away into legends and fairytales under  a decadent Urguan. 

All that is left of Urguan is a bunch of old dwarves too scared to meet with his former enemies, like you. Urguan was an infected wound upon us dwarves which had to be cut and burnt to give our race a chance to survive. So yes, times are indeed gone, but a new age has begun. You just have to decide for yourself if you wish to be a part of the dwarves or stay behind in the dust.

Out with the old, in with the new.."

Edited by Algoda

Morug sits in his chair reading the letter he'd just received. He'd shake his head with a quick sigh before ordering a new letter to be sent to hopefully reach the old dwed.

"Dwalin Irongut, we served under the Grand King Bastion Ireheart during the great war that finally defeated Oren. I know you and you know me enough to acknowledge that we are both dwed that want nothing more than a thriving dwarven kingdom. You know that I shared your distrust in the Frostbeards at the time because of Kerwyr's ill intentions. You were there when I brought justice to him and branded him for his disrespect to the clans. But those days are gone.

You can't hold on to the grudges of the past. The Urguan you held onto was not a true Urguan that wanted prosperity for its kin. They were fueled by revenge and hatred against the Frostbeard name. They even went to the lengths of allying with Oren to achieve their petty revenge. Dwedkin DOES have a King worthy of Urguan's name. He is Verthaik. You may not like his father and that is understandable, but this lad has created a Kingdom where all dwed can thrive. He is fighting for the future of our kin.

I ask you to reconsider your grudges. Think about what is best for the future of our kin. We can't have this division between us when we have much larger threats to face. I personally would welcome you into our halls to help us continue to forge a great Kingdom in Yemekar's name. All you have to do is give up your grudges against Kaz'Ulrah and see that Verthaik truly is a Grand King.

Morug oz Brathmordakin

Grand Champion of the Gods and Protector of Kaz'Ulrah"

Alifer scoffs at the letter for what he perceives it to be, he speaks his thoughts out loud for all to hear.

"Urguan fell to greed and corruption, Kaz'Ulrah is now its replacement and shall be until it too is burnt into the history books. This letter shows me that the dwarves of fallen Urguan will continue to cling to their dying culture while also attempting to revive their dead kingdom. I personally believe that they should cease such foolishness, no one will allow a kingdom that fell to greed and corruption to reform nor will they be allowed to peacefully co-exist with Kaz'Ulrah if this continues to persist."

The Arch-Runelord read the letter over several times despite memorizing them the first time through. He shakes his head slowly and folds the letter in half before sliding it into his beard rather than burning it in the fire as he normally would have done. With a saddened glance to the other councilors he speaks. "Th' lad's roight, aye. But weh will nae beh su foolish as t' attempt t' maintain a Kingdom tha's fallen. Nae... Moighteh Urguan will roise again someday when our proud fatheh returns from 'is moinin trip er per'aps even before t'en when some strong, sturdeh dwed reunoite all our peoples in peace. Until t'en, 'oweveh, weh shall continue th' mission Yemekar put us 'ere t' du regardless o' what Kingdom stands." His words are met by nods and grunts before The Council once more returns to their work.

Ogdan finds the note, upon reading it he speaks aloud,

"I dunnae want our people divided. Howevah times have changed, an' fer the better. We are thriving in an active, bustling community uv' dwed that has been unmatched in previous years. Now when I walk da halls I see activiteh, drinkin', laughter, and mos' of all friends. Kaz'Ulrah is now the home of most dwed and it has been actively workin' for the better of our race. I see more activity now d'an ever before. I understand d'at it is nae easy to let go uv' somef'ing we 'ave built our whole foundation on. However, it is toime t' embrace change. King Verthaik is nae cruel ruler. His father Kerwyr may 'ave had some ill intentions howevah it was only for his clan. He sacrificed everyf'in for the longevity of his clan. It was nae for nothin' either. His son, Verthaik is a fair ruler. An' has proven that the dwed can prosper under his rule."