The Chronicles of Heinrik van Roy (King Henry of Oren), Parts I-IV

yopplwasupxxx

lsuzWeTAnhoayJUgddO28BEUqEGUt4NARrtavHUxEjkCc1d5hqgp2rgE3d1dDUKNqPUIb8Zgnou1g-CrX4LI57CZ1C86E0J0m_-oPF3Tftw-ca8QyBWaUVsqqE6F0dOJn-Jw5Gxp

Heinrik Karovic van Roy, also known as Heinrik Carrion (Naumarian: Henrik Karovic), was the nephew of Emperor-Prophet Sigismund, and following his death, his chosen heir. Heinrik denied the crown, through claimed respect of the imperial institution, and instead took up the lesser title King of Oren. He fought in numerous wars throughout his time, combating countless claimants and invasions of his realm, being a brilliant commander and war-time leader. Despite such, he maintained a personal autobiography of his life, recounting his expoilts and tribulations through his owns. Due to his war-like habits, would be fall in combat to coalition forces of dwarves, orks, and human rebels, leaving the throne to his cousin Franz-Josef and sparking the Franciscan Massacre.

(OOC: Full credit to Knox who wrote all of this, posting these here for easier access. Links to his original links below:

)

---

qtTDiT0QM8QZKbLXfitlhemycIuurq1Z1t2A75eFB5wv61jccnLbnrupfpCaUFvNEKHme1jSCoi0V3r6lRUcySu3OX4s5bKNXdCEkWo1BFzGupkQp2Tx1ra0HZ3Ulxt6X3S3o_6l

THE CHRONICLES OF HEINRIK VAN ROY

AKA

KING HENRY I OF OREN

WRITTEN BY THE HAND OF

HEINRIK VAN ROY

AKA

KING HENRY I OF OREN

PUBLISHED BY

HIEROMAR LUDOVAR THE ELDER, SSE

---

PART I

or, the Beginning of Heinrik van Roy

Where to begin… By the time you have read this, I am already dead, and my Kingdom has prospered for better or worse, you know? In moments like these I remember almost everything about my childhood, and that is what I want to share with you, to whomever may be reading this, an enemy, a friend, a commoner or peasant, know that I am merely a man, not a hero, not a tyrant, a man. A man who sought to make the world a better place.

So, where to begin?

At the beginning, of course.

I remember the day that my parents were hung, the way I was kept prisoner by rebellious raevir strelt, the way my uncle Siegmund, Saint Bogdanistan and many other loyal raevir strelt stormed the tower to save my life, being kept in a cold dark tower for a majority of your youth isn’t that splendid to tell you the truth. They say that a Carrion lives half a life of a normal person before they reach middle-age, I remember my first journey through the lands of Kaedrin to the march of Raev, back then our house was barely known, we were merely barons serving the emperor. I remember how Ostromir would constantly look down on me, claiming my life had no worth, and how I would never inherit title or land, how we would chuck rocks at teutonic soldiers as they passed through our town, the sound of crucified dark elves screaming for help or mercy during the long times, my first friend Lorik Edain, Lark Steelwall restoring my father's sword to its original state.

Those were the days when there wasn't a care in the world, when life was simple, there was no scourge at that point, just men killing men, after the Teutonic order lost the battle of the dreadfort, things changed, the world looked as if it was turning on us, rumors of foul beasts marching on the Northern wall, no problem there, we had a wall, dwarves marching from the south? No problem there, we had the White Roses, I spent a lot of time with the peasantry as a young man, I preferred their jokes and humor to that of those high lords in the castle of Valois, all those lords used to do was bicker and conspire, when Siegmund departed on a great journey across the world, everything changed, it seemed as if all life within the world was absorbed, first the drowners of the canal arose, Orliks fault, dumped all the dead prisoners in there, they were relatively easy to take care of, either way, I could feel that something was manifesting within the North, during the evenings I would stand at the highest part of the Krelmstad, looking over into the north as the cold breeze brushed against my face.

As the white roses, Godfrey and numerous other lords left our lands, Blackmonts moving from Savoie behind the capital of Abresi after the fall of Salvus, the world didn’t feel safe anymore, it was during that night, I saw the castle of Greywwn fall, and what came out of its ruins, shortly after, a drake of the north flying across the realm of men, with the remaining army of Oren chasing after it, as I watched the strelt within the city gear up to assist the heartlanders, I remember seeing the treetops move rather quickly, originally I thought it may have been Sariants retreating, until I saw, well. I’m not entirely what I saw, I climbed down from the tower, grabbing my fathers sword and charged down into the city, our enemy was undefeatable, I recall taking the head off of one of the demon-creatures necks, only to have the head look at me look at me and smile, I think our enemy knew the people of Raevir were somewhat powerful, since the Drake came swooping down setting our settlement ablaze, the remaining forces of Oren, lead by Heinrich were able to repel the drake, and the remaining strelt mob as well as myself charged at our enemy head on, our enemy charged back, but then, something happened, I recall being grabbed by what must of been the enemies commander, I disappeared from the earth and ended up in a completely different place, a place many people claim is the “first sky”, I wasn't a pious man, I wasn't a dead man? What was I doing there? There I saw members of House Blackmont, members of the White Rose, dwarves, elves, members of every race, as I looked to them in horror they came towards me, I will admit, I was terrified, but I knew I had to fight, and fight I did, as my feet were grabbed I began to descend into the dirt, up until a light beamed from above, a hand reached down and grabbed hold of me, pulling me out of the ground and back into the real world, as I fell back onto the ground, I looked to my side, seeing my cousin Heinrich had fallen, there was nothing I could do, there was countless dead, as I was dragged out by Raevir men, all I could hear were the claims that I had completely vanished from this world, Saint Bogdanistan believed there to be a demon within my body, but there was nothing, this is a story that many have forgotten, nobody knew me back then, so why does it matter? Many people out there know me as an honest man, so whether you choose to believe what I say is entirely up to you.

My name is Heinrik Carrion, and that was the beginning.

---

PART II

or, Heinrik’s Rise to Power

Following the events against the black scourge, I was pronounced the Warden of Augustine, shortly after the Adunian war, seceding from the Empire forming the Kingdom of Savoie, I was proclaimed Grand Strannik, who would have thought? The young noble-boy disgusted and hated by many of the nobles would rise to such a position? I figured after Heinrichs death, they needed somebody to fill his boots, I often thought of how I would better the Kingdom of Savoie defensively, the black scourge in the north, filthy adunian scum in the east, the empire watching our movements from the west… my cousin Ostromir took the throne of Savoie, and gave Diedrik the barrowmarches, suitable place for a bastard, but.. it was still on the boarders of the North, Herendul lacked the man power to protect the north, little to no defenses around the marches, it seemed like the ideal place for the enemy to strike, with manpower and resources stretched thin, I approached Diedrik and Ostromir, Diedrik was obviously counselling him as he always did, so I took advantage of the situation, and demanded a barony, and of course, the title warden of the marches, after a long lengthy discussion with my half-uncle and cousin, my wishes were granted, and my levy numbers increased, though. That still wasn’t enough, I had to send a bird to the Krawfords, a commoner house at that, but lethal with a weapon, I regularly had them patrolling the Northern lands, reporting back to me the advancements of the Northern threat.

I recall walking through the forests of the barrowmarches one day with Hektor and Houndor, Thomas Denims approached me with a sealed letter, upon opening it, it explained that my cousin Ostromir intends to take the crown of Oren, and dispose of its useless lords, it also demanded my presence and levies.

I remember walking into the palace with my men, ugly place, as we entered the palace the gates slammed shut, and my cousin approached Silius, who gave him the crown of Renatus upon his request, relatively simple, up until a bunch of those knights in shiny armor approached and demanded entrance, something about protecting the King, I recall Kais having to behead one of his associates or something, that is when the Knights got a bit rowdy and upset, they were soon taken care of. I had a deep hate for a majority of these knights, all talk, lack the experience of a real soldier.

We took Kais prisoner and marched him to his home, where he was expected to commit suduku, or something along those lines, it was quite funny, when we got there and locked him in his wooden-house thing, his household guard tried to gain entry, guy was too persistent about entering, so I killed him. Sheeze that fellow was annoying.

After what felt like days of waiting for Kais to commit suduku, one of my levy men got bored and decided to push him off the cliff, then some blackmont fellow shot a bolt through his throat, I don’t think the Sariants liked that all too much, since they decided to bombard the Easterners settlement, we decided we’d pay them a visit, they didn’t seem too happy, and decided to fire arrows at us, after a few hours of fighting, we came out victorious, and the Hochmeister bent the knee.

Then of course, the Princedom of Malinor declared war on us, not entirely sure what the reasoning was again, I just remember the constant battling inside of their city walls, quite foolish of them to even try remove the righteous Empire Ostromir, Tuvya was put in charge of leading the Vanguard, he did an exceptional job for the most part, our enemy cried tears which eventually formed a river, I found that beautiful. up until Urasept the Miner mysteriously gave Titania an entire wagon of iron, even then Iron was somewhat sacred, but thanks to him, we were able to seize those goods and put them to give use.

Soon after the disappearance of Ostromir, House Silverblade and Tarus returned, King Ostromir II of Renatus and the Empire of Oren was coronated, banditing marauders began to target Abresi, House Tarus and Silverblade got somewhat upset, and decided the best course of action would be to rebel against their Emperor, rather than fight with him.

Siegmund approached me, told me in these dark times he’d prefer me overseeing the Empire of Orens levies and defenses, “Lord Marshal of Oren” Ostromir II said,  and willingly, I took the job.

Ostromir II’s reign was short, though that is understandable a young child such as him should have never have carried such a burden, Siegmund volunteered to step up once more, and united many of the unconvinced lords that House Carrion could make Oren a much better place once more.

As for House Tarus and Silverblade?  I had Buubztik help me out with that, probably one of the only Orcs I had really got along with, he’d regularly assist in arresting the rebel supporters of the Tarus, Silverblade claim. The Marauding bandits gave up eventually, and took my side instead of Tarus and Silverblade, stating that “We only attacked Abresi to be rid of their filfth”, House Tarus and Silverblade had hardly any support, and we had William Horen psying on them for us, a useful spy and a good friend, considering the fellow was usurped, he seemed somewhat cooperative, providing me with the enemies rosters and the enemies movements, thats when they turned their attention to the lands of Stafyr, backed by the midgets of the south. I always hated midgets, their grubby beards, fat faces. Bloody ankle biters, everybody was over confident that House Tarus would win and usurp the throne, but, they had no idea what I was capable of.

A close victory, we were outnumbered, but on that very day we lost Siegmund who stated my true family name and my inheritance, The Empire of Oren.

Not something I really wanted, but the privy council saw it best that I took the throne over Siegmunds children, and as did Siegmund.

Dissolving the Empire was one of Siegmunds wishes, many of the lords and kings looked quite annoyed at such an action, all I could think of at that point was fulfilling a dead mans wish, so I did it. I dissolved the crumbling Empire and formed it into a Kingdom, besides, Emperor Heinrik Carrion I, it didn’t sound fitting, King Heinrik Carrion on the other hands? That was much more appealing, after being coronated by the sudden reappearance of the church,Edward was a stubborn fellow, wasn’t convinced I was good enough for the throne I believe, I received word that House Vekon and Othaman were planning to overthrow the Winters of the North, but I didn’t want such a thing to occur. so I married Katherine Winter, gave Edward Winter an archduke title and  reunified the Human Kingdoms into one.

And then shortly after that, I brought peace between the Princedom of Malinor and Oren.

After consulting with the privy council, three of the four opted against marching on the south, Walter Stafyr and I knew a message had to be sent, a strong message. After sending our birds to our lords and allies, we assembled in force and marched on the south. I may have hated those midgets, but their arrogance, warmongering and aiding the rebellious people of Tarus and Silverblade left me with no choice, I had to send a message.

A message that Oren was a force to be reckoned with.

---

PART III

or, King Heinrik’s Great March South

In the year of 1449, when our forces reached full force, we marched from Renatus to Kaldonia, over the Chivay bridge and into the remains of Salvus, past Salvus and into the lands of Valles, there we met our Uruk allies, before the battle commenced, dark clouds headed from the south and into the north, along with it an unnatural thunder, the undead servants of Setherin arose and the cheers of Urguan were heard in the distance, little shits condemn themselves further, I commanded that Tiberius and our uruk allies head to flank our opponent, whilst I distracted their main force, as we fired our trebuchets they fired theirs back. As the men of the Decterum and Uruks charged the walls, the Order of St.Lucien flanked from behind. Our enemy had no idea what was truly happening, it was perfect. As our main force charged the front gate the enemy lost all hope and resorted to falling back into this piece of **** they called a “fortress”, shortly after, High Prince Eleron, Titania and Prince Ebs and a bunch of elves arrived on the field, cravens, the bunch of them. Arriving to a battle just to see the ending, there were rumours the bunch of them were working for Setherin, not to mention, their plot to side the the dwarven legion, I hope the outcome of the battle put their minds to unrest.

After we cleared the bodies on the battlefield, tossed the dead dwarven soldiers bodies into the river, we began constructing a fortress, a fortress which would later be known as Fort Raddousch, a pile of rubble turned into a fortress, a fortress which would prove to be one of the most vital assets in our war.

With Ard Kerrack restored and handed over to the UAC, I turned my attention to the Princedom of Malin, they acted as if they owned the fortress. I started giving my men orders, I looked to another potential leader for their race, an elvern man named Kalameet. Strange name for a man, but the man had honest intentions for the people of Malin, I convinced him to initiate war, cause a rebellion, and little did the Princedom know, I was really siding with him. In fact, I don’t think many people knew until the day the battle occurred, myself and my vassals marched in there and demanded their surrender, High Prince Eleron wasn't found there, he left the night before, the dishonorable, cravenous rat.

With the Princedom abolished, and the conclave instated, I could safely say I had the people of Malin in my pocket, a puppet nation, doing what I say, when I say.

With the dwarven legion annexed, cut off from the Northern lands, I pressed onward, took the fight to their people, their lands, and they hated me for it. Just goes to show them the consequences of marching on the lands of Oren.

After divine intervention, two and a half years of fighting in the south, fighting in the ground and the dirt, we signed an unstable peace with the nation of Urguan.

We marched back to our homes with our heads held high, a majority of people believed this to be the end of all war and conflict, and that peace would finally be upheld within the world of Anthos, peace? There will never be peace, since there will always be somebody to fight, the Drake of the North and his manipulated servants, the Harbringers, the black Scourge, they were the next target, they attacked a young boy fourteen years ago, and that man became a King, and that took the fight to them.

---

PART IV

or, the Protectors of Oren

On our long march north, we met a group of halflings, fleeing from the northern lands in attempt to escape the upcoming scourge threat, they had already taken their lands, and they had no intention to reclaim them, offering them a small slice of Salvus to live in, they safely lived near the coast, where they could escape any upcoming threat by boarding a ship and leaving this lands.

We marched to Lenfarthing, and rained hell upon the scourge there who had absolutely no idea we were coming, the battle lasted less than a minute, our allies? They showed up unaware that the battle was even concluded, a record win for Oren.

The scourge, and Setherin himself must have been somewhat annoyed, since they raised their servants of the dead to take up arms against my people, from the city of Abresi, to the plains of Kaedrin we fought them back. Some days we lost no one, on others we lost a lot.

The scourge were planning something relatively big, I assumed they’d attack the march of Raev, my home. Konrad was sent to investigate the matter, and gather intelligence regarding the Northern advances along with Rick Felder and Bajko, with many of my resources and men being stretched thin on trying to rid Anthos of the Northern threat, it was some what difficult to determine where they would hit next, they soon revealed where they would hit next though, the cloud temple in Valles, upon its corruption Baron Corbett van Cleef sent me word, upon receiving word, I sent our birds out to our allies, stating how we lay claim to those lands by right of conquest, willingly, they decided to join. Marching east we attempted to liberate the people of Lenniel, after being pushed back we abandoned that hope, as a majority of the populace had left, and marched onwards to the cloud temple whilst Darius de Nurem attempted to liberate the people of Lenniel instead.

Upon reaching the cloud temple, the enemy had set up some rather strange structures, in which Konrad stated they would explode should we fire at it, with knowledge obtained we learnt  that by shooting the chains holding the structure, it would float off, to distract our enemy. I had the Lucienists fire at the chains of the structure whilst barraging the area to conceal our motives, with the lucienists on that task I ordered the Red Army to assault the main gate, with numbers gradually decreasing, reinforcements from the Orcish clans, Urguan and many other free folk arrived, turning the tide on the field of battle, the battle was won, but it was a very close battle. One for us to remember.

Upon winning the battle, an idea formed in my mind. The enemy advances heavily upon us, takes our lands, kills our people. Yet nobody had actually attempted to take the fight to their lands, I returned to the Krelmstad for a while with my vassals and nobles, in which we discussed whether or not assaulting the far north was a good idea. Ailred Ruthern, our Lord Marshal opted against it, claiming killing undead men was no fun, and that we should be killing real people. Disgraced at his comment, I ordered him away, Leonidas Bedevere, Farley Stafyr, Corbett van Cleef, and many other nobles looked towards each other before nodding in agreement in marching North, I recall hearing Kord Steelwall asking his father why we must march north, and why my nobles and vassals would follow me after all the continuous fighting, Lark responded to his son that it is purely out of faith and trust. Maybe he was right? I guess I’ll never truly know.

With our dwindled army from years of fighting, the day of reckoning was upon the Scourge, a day they would remember as the day Anthos took the Northern entrance.

For a duration the fights had seized, the scourge had realized that the forces of Anthos united as one were not a force to be reckoned with, and they hid inside of their lands, regaining their power and strength, but at that point, the golden lances appeared.

Peace was had at long last, and the scourge weren’t seen for some time. Thousands of men, woman and children were killed in those years, the years that will forever be known as “The cold years”.

A few more battles occurred after that, including the ending of peace between Oren and the conclave after a raiding party attacked the lands of Stafyr, demanding justice and retribution from the Conclave, none was given.

Jack, a member of the Golden Lances approached me, being an old friend of mine I asked him why he had needed me, he demanded I cease all hostilities between the conclave, and rather work with them, in retrieving some keys, keys which would lead us into a new world. So we did, during the defense of the Cloud Temple, all keys were placed in position, and a portal opened. The fringe began a world war against Oren, due to a border dispute in which the forces of Uruguan claimed our land was theirs, and that we had provoked them into war, four years of peace had come to an end,thus beginning the war over the fringe. Tomorrow will be a day of reckoning, a day in which I shall no longer lead, nor live. Radomir Franz Carrion shall lead our people tomorrow, towards a better Oren. I will not be remembered as the savior of humanity, I will most likely not be sainted, but remember this. I turned a crumbling nation into something great.