Sign in to follow this  
JuliusAakerlund

The Ruins of Aedvang

The Ruinous City

“Aevan de nova”

sPC68eaKY8fGtUxpSDkmJDhI9QKQXz0YMKgruzC8zVig9UKYdThF-5RDA0tGBuEQxRpNBL5MV5XzxlGuSwEKoOnWsaak_1ahOUxw7S6ECOBF9VJGVbkzvbl8EwVDcFpLacotiCU3

Preface

This analysis carries no proven theorem and is entirely hypothetical; thus conclusions should not be established as fact until proven so. The basis of my work is on clear material remains or artifacts, while also heavily investigating the remaining structures; it also tries to demystify the mural work and supplement with the few remaining linguistic artifacts. I once again express my clarity on the matter that this is a hypothesis, don’t regard yourself a expert on fact by learning the knowledge herein.

Corvac Aldin

Hypothesis

Wandering upon the ancient lithic ruins, it becomes clear that these are ancient vestiges and remnant diagnostic artifacts. The pale and eroded lithic material strikes clear resemblance to the original cultures and heritages of Aegis, where the four brothers built their paramount states. This a tradition further carried on by the Cloud Temple monks to wherever we next settle, thus this should be no surprise to any with keen observability. This denotes either a connection to Aegis proper or clear connection to its period, though perhaps and more likely is the case that both these connections are at play here. Through the ruinous remnants around the base of the main structure; which can be concluded upon its size and position. It is with the remnants in place and assumption of its once former; much grander structure one can assume it was a citadel or core seat of the state. Sadly our interference has made the furbishment within the main structures confines mostly unrecognizable. Thus more cannot be garnered by its decor else than its purple and black flooring. If the size of the halls and their pristine state is anything to go by; it is that they were clearly made of the finest material and most skilled hands of the time.

On the walls of the nearby structures are what remains of the mural work, these show carvings of dragons, large valah armies, as well as banners with the Horenic keepsake just aforementioned. Following a path leading to the direct left leading out of the main structure, one will find that at its top; past extensive mural work a tomb sits still in situ. It is on this tomb the words ‘Hic icaet magna Aevan de Nova Carrandal, generalis dominus in signum quod draco secundi, vindicem horen, me defensorum hominum.’ Though I don’t speak the ancient language and very few do nowadays, some words translation is not lost upon me as I can reference previous work. In Atlas we were all made aware of the Vaeyl Order, though few of us unraveled its secrets; many were known to its inner workings and core history. Thus one can garner that this text is not only carved on a gravestone, but also a monument which speaks of achievements. The words “Magna Aevan de Nova” stands out, speaking of a Great New Aevan what one might currently assume is the ancient settlements name. While words like “Generalis draco secundi” speaks of a general of the dragons second, which if connected with the closeness of Atlas and the Vaeyl most certainly speaks of the second banner of Horens grand army. Thus as Vaeyl was the leader of his banner, one can assume that whoever lies here is equivalent to him in rank and import.

Then by analysing these contents one can come to quick understanding on certain, easily perceivable historic facts. The armies of Horen were active in this area, from the mural work that much is obvious. In these works one can clearly see that these valah were in fact warring against the uruk, which should stand as no surprise with Vaeyl history as reference. It would not be to my surprise that this army had followed the uruk, in an attempt to avenge Horen after Krugs heinous crime. To me it is clear that the natural terrain create appropriate defences as well as a key position for the control of the continent, thus making Aevan the likely seat of this human civilization.

X1psT6Y7F8RWZ9e5K-veVtg8ifOW0ryWLLBzXTfhvnrLofmfqRhda9OtiV6C4Z99UHC-06Bw2mircNITMWUUsiVwHynOPDzBiq4kyaaAS1bZF3G4rJ66hkeM3huSl6lrupSj-icP

Further down the slopes of Aevan we can find buildings set on the precipice of waterways as well as further remnants of ancient monuments. It is here that one in specific stands out, carved with a never before seen symbol of a sun with wings; while the words ‘Glorian Aevan, Glorian Horen and Glorian Hominum.’ is clearly written into the lithic work. As certain words of the ancient language has changed little we can tell that the monument speaks about glory, Aevan and Horen though I myself know not the ancient word of Hominum I ask any people who speak Flexio for translation to contact me on the nature of its true meaning. This monument however does clearly satisfy much of the foundation of my hypothesis, clearly these men were zealous. It would be no surprise for a army directly beneath one of the four brothers to be zealous, nor that they’d wish glory upon both their ‘Aevan’ and horen. Thus to no surprise is Horen mentioned after this ‘Aevan’, another sign of militaristic natures as soldiers often speak of what is to them the closest at hand; what decides the fate of their livelihood.

I will further study the nearby ruins across Arcas and try to find further materials and artifacts in hopes to substantiate my hypothesis into theorem. These works will be published as well to the public and I myself will provide a original book, to rest within the confines of the Eternal Library.

Conclusion

New Aevan was Arcas human seat of power, controlled by the second dragon banner of Horen; lead by perhaps a man called Aevan and being the city namesake. They themselves have their own key symbol just as the Vaeyl had theirs, a sun with wings spread at its sides. This second banner followed and fought in either one or many wars against the uruk. Likely in response to the killing of Horen and to avenge his death; similarly to what the Vaeyl had done in the distant past. In this fight much land was claimed and this second banner settled at this strategic point in an attempt to control the rest of the continent. It would also substantiate that Arcas proper is a ancient battlefield, or at least that at its peak it was a war torn continent.

Alternatively I offer another hypothesis that they fought the uruk before Horens death and it only intensified after his death. That perhaps they had other devices for coming to the land, finding their long standing enemy here and to protect or in an attempt to claim their objective they fought.

Postface

I call for those of honorable positions in their specified fields to contact me should they have any valuable information to further the hypothesis or have it counteracted. I publish this publically in the hopes that the truth may be found, that knowledge may be preserved and recovered. That it awakens in you the furious thirst to find yourself in pursuit of the scholarly arts and its professions. I hope further that this finds you well enticed and perhaps that my approach may shed further light upon this land of which we settle.

“Norlandic propaganda. Horen never fucked a dragon thank you very much.” Tylos says as he ponders where he heard of a name like Aevan running around with dragons before.

“Also that language is not little known, it’s Flexio, the entire Church speaks it. The tomb reads something along the lines of: ‘Here lies Aevan of New Carrandal, commanding general of under the sign of the Second Dragon, champion of Horen, defender of mankind’. The fact that author is trying to pass off basic Flexio as some unknown and forgotten language is further proof that he’s merely trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes. This ‘Aevan’ has never been mentioned anywhere else, a bit strange that this general would be seen as Horen's number 2 and manage to fly off to some new continent a million miles away, and yet never neither he himself nor the continent he found were mentioned in recorded history. Seems far more likely that this archaologist is just faking finds for more funding, or to further some agenda.” He’d continue. 

12 minutes ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

“Norlandic propaganda. Horen never fucked a dragon thank you very much.” Tylos says as he ponders where he heard of a name like Aevan running around with dragons before.

"Don't think this is related to Norland at all but Horen probably did **** a dragon to be quite honest." Elrith responds.

Just now, Elennanore said:

"Don't think is related to Norland at all but Horen probably did **** a dragon to be quite honest." Elrith responds.

“Norlanders have been going on about Horens and dragon worship for ages now. I’d bet my life it’s Norlandic propaganda.”

25 minutes ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

“Also that language is not little known, it’s Flexio, the entire Church speaks it. The tomb reads something along the lines of: ‘Here lies Aevan of New Carrandal, commanding general of under the sign of the Second Dragon, champion of Horen, defender of mankind’. The fact that author is trying to pass off basic Flexio as some unknown and forgotten language is further proof that he’s merely trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes. This ‘Aevan’ has never been mentioned anywhere else, a bit strange that this general would be seen as Horen's number 2 and manage to fly off to some new continent a million miles away, and yet never neither he himself nor the continent he found were mentioned in recorded history. Seems far more likely that this archaologist is just faking finds for more funding, or to further some agenda.” He’d continue. 

“I am neither valah nor does the common valah speak the language either, it seems rather you draw your own interpretation of my words meaning. Nor did I call the language unknown or forgotten, though it is quite obvious by your account that you’re not a man interested in the truth. But rather to obstinate over your own prideful beliefs, one simple trip could easily confirm my findings. Then again I suppose you valah have always been prone to assumption based on your emotionaly borne state. It is not lost on me that there are several speakers of Flexio, clearly as I asked for persons knowing in the language to contact me.”

Brog Dhoon reads the journal in his studies. The room brightened by a small candle beside him. “This lad has some good ideas brewing up in his head. Horen’s past is still a mystery, as well as his brothers’ lives. There is more to Arcas than a few ruins though.”

Toran, upon reading his malii’malonn’s thesis, nods in thought, his mind scans through what he can remember of the knowledge he had scrapped together of the topic, but sighs in frustration.

”Corvac, or another ‘aheral, must teach more more of the background of this topic. Perhaps I could accompany him on his next venture...”  Toran would muse.

Farandil Aldin rests in his study, a cup of steaming hot tea in his hand. He leans back in his reclining chair, lowering the publication his malii’malonn recently published. He frowns ever so slightly, taking another sip of his steaming brew. 

“Corvac, my ever so dear malii’malonn. It seems the pursuit of logic runs in our kin, I am excited to see where your future work indeed. Perhaps I shall join you on your ventures, there must be much to learn.”

“It’s not an unknown tongue its literally the tongue the entire church uses”

24 minutes ago, Haseroth said:

“It’s not an unknown tongue its literally the tongue the entire church uses”

“It seems you valah are incapable of reading, seeing as I never claimed it unknown and infact quite the opposite. I believe my exact words were ‘Though I don’t speak the ancient language and very few do nowadays’. I suppose by definition the clergy of the church would be the ‘very few’ i’m refering to as well as private enthusiasts.”

2 hours ago, JuliusAakerlund said:

“It seems you valah are incapable of reading, seeing as I never claimed it unknown and infact quite the opposite. I believe my exact words were ‘Though I don’t speak the ancient language and very few do nowadays’. I suppose by definition the clergy of the church would be the ‘very few’ i’m refering to as well as private enthusiasts.”

“Wait a minute how would you know im a valah” 

@JuliusAakerlund

[!] A letter, signed and sealed by William, is sent to the wayward elf-scholar.

“In High Imperial and in Flexio, Hominum means man. Let us speak on this matter and the further investigation of these ruins – all possible Horenic artefacts and hidden information, true or false interests me. You may find me in the City of Helena.

-William, Lord Justiciar of Renatus”