Goodbye...

Callum

i salute you

It’s very telling that the administrators would rather silence dissent rather than address, assuage or hopefully resolve any problems put forward by the community. This isn’t some political diplomatic skill that should needs to be trained into them, but a basic social skill that is expected of the players – hence why it is a really sad thing to see when acted by the administrative team overseeing them. Forced silencing doesn’t beget silence nor fix the issues that’re raised, it just means the administrators, moderators et al. don’t have to see the problems that they need to address.

It can only be expected that this issue will continue to be brought forward in the future; if not by the people who’re effectively shadow-banned through the posting-throttle of the forum content moderation system or newer faces being pushed back by an ineffectual staff team that refuse to engage with, and in some cases actively punish, members of the community when problems are publicly brought against them. 

godspeed mr h

and free med

Hoo boy, why am I choosing to step on this flaming bag of dog poo? 

I've been around for a little over two weeks now, so I have a bit of an outside perspective and it's not a pretty one. Harold was a toxic member of this community, a missing stair, and frankly I'm glad he's gone. All of his posts were full of ugliness and vitriol seemingly designed to get this reaction out of staff so he can feel justified in leaving. There are ways to get your point across, and Harold's point had literally nothing but hate, insults, and invective. 

Frankly, this community will be better without him responding to everything in bad faith and with with no actual feedback beyond "staff sucks. Staff's ideas suck. This game sucks. Why does everything suck? Suckity Suckity Suckity suck."

Bye Harold. I hope you find a place you're happy, but this will be a happier place without you. 

Always sad to see older players leave, especially under circumstances like these. So thank you @Harold for speaking the truth and for helping older players like myself re assimilate into the community, I wish you nothing but the best in whatever you do next.