External Services and Illicit Behaviour

Telanir

Hello everyone,

We are standardizing the reporting process for external mediums. Our current reporting process is somewhat disorganized. We had not established a concrete outline regarding neither evidence nor the physical report.

We are instituting investigation bans for reports of extreme and unlawful behaviour, such as sexual harassment, soliciting indecent images, threats, and et cetera. File an e-mail to [email protected] (or you may use our Contact Form). Be as thorough as possible in your report and compile all evidence available to you on the matter. Do not provide links to google-docs or external media—all relevant information must be compiled in the email.

Important notice #1—we will not open such investigations upon result of in-game ticket, forum private-message, topic post, or messages on external mediums.

Important notice #2—do not send illicit material through email. Please contact your local law-enforcement agency directly. Do not solicit us directly with this material as we cooperate with and aid the police directly when we are contacted.

We will cooperate with the appropriate authorities when it is requested. We will also take action if we believe there is probable cause but this is not a carté blanche. We are not an official law enforcement entity and we will presume innocence until guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

In the event that illicit behaviour occurs on Discord, please refer to the following instructions.

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000291932-How-to-Properly-Report-Issues-to-Trust-Safety

It is important you follow the guide precisely and carefully. Certain material is not permissible on the Discord platform in any form (this is covered under their Terms of Service).

In your email report to us (provided you also follow up with us), please include a reference to your report to the Discord Trust and Safety Team.

* Further complicating this process is a history of individuals seeing fit to undermine the investigation process. We have had cases of people who claimed to be underage who were uncovered to have actually been over-age at the time after punishment had already been met. We have had cases of forged evidence presented as well given through editing Discord source or impersonation through the use of temporary accounts. Finally, ultimately unacceptable for both sides, we have even seen cases of underage members catfishing older members, not disclosing an age-gap, or otherwise soliciting unlawful interaction. Attempts to mislead and/or forge evidence constitute a breach of our Terms and Conditions and will lead to a permanent ban.

Thank you,

Telanir & the Administration

Hey everyone, I have removed the part about legal things—it’s not relevant to the point. I’ll bring it down to just a couple of points.

Essentially, we want predators off our mediums immediately, and once we receive a report we will ban them with an investigation ban. We also want that when such a situation occurs that it is a) reported to Discord Trust & Safety Team b) reported to the authorities and c) emailed to us so we have a permanent copy of the situation on hand.

I understand that some cases feel like they warrant a public post. I don’t want this punished as the intention is good, you can post.

I apologize for the coldness of the topic, the victims of abuse on LotC deserve to be heard and worked with and I am sorry it seemed like we are copping out—we are making changes now so this cannot repeat again. I want to help and I am not stopping here.