CaptainZenny

Chancellor's Report, 1741

The Chancellor’s Report, 1741

qm5lJadjnlEBd0y1tcSA34Or8qN266Uvcgb4CJw7nUnY4to-HDOgx0QC41MHTERLmwKnSCJx5ZsVaiAOOg1u-aqKxJBLDQ233oQQwksc7lJ_xq0klsZHohSkrfFW3nDEZEbN2H7Q

Issued and Confirmed by the Lord Palatine, Markus Kortrevich

11th of Owyn’s Light, 1741 | 11th of Jula and Piov, ES 294

Va Birodeo Herzenav e Edlervik,  

I address you here today for the first time as your Lord Palatine. After being named the Palatine-Aspirant a year prior to the ink drying on this document, I have now been tasked by His Majesty King Andrik III to forge a government from this Kingdom’s prosperity. Lord Palatine Ser Konrad Stafyr has decided to step down from his position to allow me to take the reins of these beautiful lands. I intend to do so with haste so that we as a people do not squander the abundance that has been bestowed on this Kingdom.

Regardless of our many blessings, the men and women of Hanseti-Ruska have been unequivocally challenged in the most recent years. The burning of our beloved city, the incessant bandit raids, a housing crisis, and the rumblings of a war yet to come; all of these events are impeding the progress of our glorious motherland. I refuse to let the selfish desires of men cloud my judgment, and I will take any and all measures that I deem necessary to ensure that our grand society does not suffer a moment longer. I will continue my position as the Leader of the Centralist Bench and I will do so with a firm hand. The Crown will spoil akin to a batch of milk forgotten in the sun should these actions not be taken. 

I have been a civil servant for the entirety of my life and served under many different men. I began my studies as a young boy at the age of barely six with the current Senator, Terrence May. At the age of nine, I became the ward of Ser Konrad Stafyr during his long reign as Lord Speaker of His Majesty’s Royal Duma. After six years, I continued my education onward to the Vice-Chancellor of the Empire at the time, His Excellency Simon Basrid, who has recently become the Archchancellor of the Empire. I hastily returned to the great city of Reza, as Imperial life had no interest to me and on my return I accepted the position of the Lord Palatine’s Chief of Staff. I served in this office until the eventual appointment of Palatine-Aspirant, and along with it came the position of Leader of the Centralist Bench in His Majesty’s Royal Duma. I have committed my every waking moment since my birth to this fine government, and I am honored to have the opportunity to create a government under my own name.

Furthermore, I would like to express the tremendous gratitude toward the previous Lord Palatine, Ser Konrad Stafyr, and His Majesty King Andrik III for enabling me to have this fortuity. The importance of such a monumental task does not escape me, and I refuse to allow such an endeavor to be anything less than superlative. With that being said, I do not only serve His Majesty and the noblemen of Haense, but I serve the citizens as well; which are the men and women I relish in calling Haensefolk. To you, I deliver education; so that you and your children may one day rise above the chains of noble blood and show the world of your excellence. I will bridge the widening crevasse between the nobleman and the commoner, and I will do so with a total rehabilitation of the current education system that is in place. In this past year alone, I passed two bills in His Majesty’s Royal Duma that will reform our education and schools; also providing the administrative bodies and framework needed to sustain such a momentous shift in knowledge procedures. This is only the beginning of our rise to becoming an advanced civilization that will be the envy of Arcas.

IV JOVEO MAAN,

His Excellency, Lord Markus Otto Kortrevich, Lord Palatine of the Realm, Baron of Koravia

Edited by CaptainZenny

Captain Haense shakes his head at the un-indented paragraphs

“I’m so glad to see the lad has become someone successful in this life. I wish him well as he forms a new administration,” Terrence May reads the report and observes as his old protégé took over his previous position.

*Elgon reads the letter with great pride of his nephew, then he realizes that he can’t read*