Sign in to follow this  
Axelu

THE SUN SHALL NOT YET SET

THE SUN SHALL NOT YET SET

8AYxqeKr9OozA1vfx-3NafrYZNQ1tbEMeeLRf4xkyet3EVB7Do95I6Qk1WRo1RyMSMr5zt2XRoK13OSiqjFaVcD-S5TtaqDNUYneisrsa9y64T9IRIBQ6CnVn6Vq-dRQ6wYYruVt

To my people,

A valiant, forthright, and resilient people: the sun shall not yet set on you; I suspect it so. I was not born Haeseni, nor was I raised with your customs, but I have grown to cherish them as if they were my own. If there is one thing I have learned, it is fortitude.

My own son was taken in his infancy, and I -- pregnant with my second child -- resolved to recover him. Perhaps, such a decision was foolhardy, spurred by resentment for his abductors. Only recently I realized that I would not have done so, prior to my most solemn marriage to His Majesty, nor before arriving at the Rezian shores, hailed by my cousin Adrian.

There is an attribute which is lain in the innards of Haensemen; one that cannot be vanquished through war, through strife, nor through persecution; a sort of steadfast stoicism that is incomparable. I have seen it time and time again, and I’m sure such a pattern will continue for many years after my passing. 

This is not a cruel cycle, for you can readily anticipate what is to come. Verily, it can be likened to the sun’s constant rotation. What an amusing thing, isn’t it? How the world plummets into darkness for a period of time, for the sun to only assume its place in the Heavens once more? We Haensemen once plummeted into darkness in the onslaught of the War of Two Emperors; a most grievous affair which cost the lives of many. Yet, my dear brethren, we recovered, and the sun shines upon us still.

And it shall not set just yet.

SIGNED

Her Royal Majesty, Milena Barbanov-Carrion, Queen-Consort of Hanseti-Ruska

(( trash formatting fix yourself pls @Axelu

1 minute ago, roseways said:

(( trash formatting fix yourself pls @Axelu

((try me woman

((formatting is fine plebs, just that font size that's taking me on the cringe-train))

2 minutes ago, WACKO said:

((formatting is fine plebs, just that font size that's taking me on the cringe-train))

((i literally hate u all. thats all!

Maya Alimar read over the missive within her family’s manor, holding the parchment close to her gaze. She would nod with pride over the Queen’s words to the people, simultaneously setting the paper off to the side. ”Da, it shall not set just yet.” She’d repeat as she peered up to the painting of a crow hanging in her bedroom. 

Edited by Eryane

Dusana Jastrow shakes violently in her home, only coming out once she’s heard of a queens address to her people. Not being able to read, she looks over the notice up and down, trying to figure out what it means before quietly requesting one of the other peasants to help her read the address. She nodded, giving the peasant a few coins as a thank you. She then waddles back into her home, looking around her home like a crazed old woman.