Lair Application: The Apocryphans

Apocrypha

Lair PRO MC Name: PM me for the name
Lair Name: Forbidden Depths
Proposed Lair Locations (Highlight 3 on the map):

The map is currently busted so I will instead describe the locations.

First location: The dungeons below the swamp near CT, it was built during someone’s tenure as a world team member has seen little or no use by the event team since. This would be an ideal location for a lair as everything is already practically built.

Second Location: Beneath the voidal scar left behind by Mystery’s events, this was yet another location someone built before it was expanded on by other world team members. The design and style would be the same as the swamp but with some left over voidal corruption given the site.

Third location: Beneath the sands of Korvassa where no settlement has claim, this is the last spot as a I couldn’t think of anything else with the map being unavailable.

Lair Lore (could link to an existing creature or other lore) (1000 words minimum):

I cannot explain nor give away every detail of what I am planning so instead I advise you look into the posts on this account to get an idea of what this group is about, simply scroll down and read every forum post on this forum profile and it will consist of well over 1000 words minimum. 

Lair Build and Infrastructure (photos required):

Go to the swamp build in question or look at any of the previous builds of the sort, that is the infrastructure I am going for.

Why can you not accomplish the niche of this lair’s roleplay in an existing settlement or nation? (We expect a substantial answer for this, not just ‘I don’t like them’).

Every nation on the server would label this group as “edgy” and attempt to either not give it land for OOC anti-RP reasons or worse. Should this lair be built and should I get a successful following I am expecting near constant conflict since the group will antagonize many into action.. Which is entirely the point of a player-ran antagonist group. We are not asking for our own events, nor are we asking to be special snowflakes but we are asking for a place in which we can create RP and defend against said anti-RP groups. In otherwords, if we abduct someone from a nation we don’t want to be forced out in the open and have nowhere to do such RP so that we can be meta’d and forced off the server.

What does this lair add to the greater world around them?:

Player RP events of a very dark caliber as well as the potential for unique dark lore and or possibly magic lore development.

Note: You can PM a mod to hide your application if you feel it needs to be private.

Hi guys. I regret to inform you that your application for a lair has been unsuccessful.

Firstly, your ‘lair lore’ section was incomplete. We expect 1000 words of original content lore, written for the purposes of this application. You failed to meet that criteria - it is not optional. I did have a look at your past posts, and I’m not finding anything particularly compelling that explains what your group is about or why you require a lair. To me, this sounds like something that you can easily work with the event team to create, for event purposes rather than a player-run RP group.

Please keep in mind that anybody taking the details of your lair application into RP would be objectively metagaming, which is against the rules, so I do not accept your claim that ‘you can not explain nor give away every detail of what you are planning’. You did not give away any detail at all - not even an outline beyond past forum posts. If you really, really need your lore to be secret, I would encourage you to read the bottom of the lair application format. You can PM a mod to hide your thread if you feel it needs to be private.

You did not complete your ‘lair builds’ section satisfactorily. You need to have original builds prepared, including photos. You did not provide either.

Furthermore, I do not accept your response to the question about undertaking this group in an existing nation. You need considerably more detail and you need to interpret this through the prism of IC actions - you can not just say ‘oh, well, we’re edgy’. I want to know what it is you do to be edgy, why this would not be accepted by existing nations, what it will do to antagonize people, etcetera. Please elaborate on some specifics next time, perhaps even with some hypothetical scenarios. Why are you abducting people? What is your motivation in-character? This would be more apparent if you had completed the other sections.

Finally, I have to reject your response in respect to what this lair might add to the greater world around them. If you decide to make another lair application, I would like you to explain the nature of your ‘player run events of a dark caliber’ and your ‘unique dark lore’. Currently, a number of dark magic groups are extant on the server. I do not accept that you are unable to work with them for the purpose of what you are aiming to do here. Perhaps if you had developed your ideas further, I would be more inclined to do so.

Please remember that receiving a lair is a privilege afforded to those groups that are best placed to contribute to the server’s shared story, and that means this application is going to require a fair bit more detail to get you over the line. At the moment, this does not meet the required standard.