[✗] Aengudaemonic Lore - Dragur, Daemon of Knowledge

AlphaMoist

Aengudaemonic Lore - Dragur, Daemon of Knowledge

CCbMA3pEqL2KXfvkSydfTAX0B3Xakayo52ZnVf7uFkt96diI2knloa5xxPjhfAAW9vUer6DljZuoNNu4BXHW522SokjEwv0WpsAgE-8RvSs9pEtx24Dv-NscsN0LiHAfqtqHSLVu

Origin Lore

Dragur is the Daemon of Knowledge. The extent of the mortal races’ knowledge of this AenguDaemon are greatly limited. He wields a great deal of power in comparison to the other AenguDaemons though he seems to have isolated himself from his kin. Only a few tomes ascribed by the likes of Dragaars, such as Xandraza and Aruzond, are the only sources of information pertaining to this curious Daemon. All that is established is that he was the sole creature of the puissant dragon-race, and that the Daemon has himself locked away in an eternal slumber.

Infinium

A student, tired from his studies, falls asleep at his local library. He eventually wakes up, finding that the nearby torches affixed to the building’s walls have all gone dim. Realizing he needs to get home, he quickly runs out of the hall he had been reading in… only to find that the library has grown far larger and complex. Countless more rows of bookshelves have been added, each one reaching high into the heavens towards a ceiling that he cannot see. He notices that the light in the library does not emanate from mere torches, no, it comes from a large, levitating crystal, high into the building’s sky. Glowing arches of white, pulsating energy occasionally shoots off of its surface, hitting a few bookshelves with its light. The boy even thinks he can hear the flapping of leathery wings far above him.

He has awoken in Infinium, Dragur’s Realm. Trapped in an endless sea of bookshelves, he is now destined to wander in a plane full of all of the world’s knowledge. However, upon opening any book at all, the contents would be amiss to him, for they are all written in an indecipherable form of the draconic language. The few books he manages to understand will be books he has already read. The only other beings he will see will be the occasional Dragonkin seemingly maintaining the books on display, all far too busy and disinterested to pay the mortal any attention. 

Perhaps he will run into some other unfortunate soul who found themselves stuck within the halls of Infinium, perhaps he’ll manage to find one of the few books that can lead him out. Until then, however, he is forced to wander within this sea of unattainable knowledge.

Present Day

Presently, Dragur now rests in an endless slumber, his weakened state brought forth by the Aengul of Balance’s intervention between him and Iblees. What’s left of his power is used to continuously add to his never ending collection of books to his library’s shelves. However, while he was banished to spend eternity within his realm, his Dragonkin were not so lucky. 

The many sorts of Dragonkin that Dragur had created became locked away within the mountains and the earth of the mortal plane. Forever sealed away with the lands of Aegis and beyond, they are bound in chains of dirt and rock, never to see the light of day or feel the freedom of the skies ever again… or so the Aengul of Balance had hoped.

Dragonkin

Dragur birthed two separate races. Firstly the dragons, the feral creatures that populate our tale tales and fairy tales. They were Dragur’s equivalent of a proof of concept. Afterwards came the Dragaar, the sentient bastions of knowledge. Named after himself, they were his final product to present to Iblees in their agreement.

Dragons

Dragons were Dragur’s first attempt at molding life. They are carnivorous predators that scour the world for large quantities of meat. They are capable of flight and boast the ability to project fire from their maws. In terms of the animal kingdom, they stand at the top with their heightened intelligence and unrivaled strength. However, their intelligence should not be mistaken. In terms of wolves, bears, or other hunters, their mental capabilities remain unsurpassed. While they cannot process thought or comprehend concepts, they are highly intelligent in regards to instinct. Due to the nature of their kind, they are often hunted down by Dwarves, Orcs, and Humans alike on a journey to claim glory and fame from slaying one of these great beasts. As a result, dragons tend to isolate themselves where they can evade the lustful eyes of the descendant races.

Dragaars

Unlike their counterparts, Dragaars are gifted with boons bestowed from Dragaar. In exchange for their ability to reproduce, the Dragaar possess a great aptitude for magic. They are capable of great feats, and they can even dramatically alter their forms such as their iconic ability of shapeshifting. It is in the nature of their father that they seek any form of knowledge and horde it to themselves so they may indulge themselves in it. In addition, the Dragaars remain ever vigilant. Constantly in fear of Aengudaemonic forces. They fear the unknown Aengudaemon that had vanquished their beloved Dragur, and especially those such as Xan who encourage the slaying of the Dragonkin.

Drakes

The name of these creatures originated from the mouths of the descendants. They were the dragons that Iblees had captured and turned to assist his armies. Far more barbaric in nature, these airborne predators have abandoned all sense of reason.

Drakaar

The first incarnation of these foul beasts were at the hands of Iblees. Their name was only granted to them by the surviving Dragaars. Coined after the mortal phrase “Drake”, Drakaars are the Dragaar equivalent to a corrupt member of the Dragonkin. While it remains unclear, few Dragaars have experienced a digression into Drakaar-hood. Truly a mystery, Dragaar believes that it is Iblees’ own curse inflicted upon the Dragonkin. Even still, others believe it is the result of Dragur’s absence.

Following

Dragur is a daemon who lacks a need for direct worshipers. Rather, those who advertently and inadvertently wish to gain his approval do so passively, the latter most likely never understanding that they have gained his admiration. In reality, every student, teacher, scholar and researcher is a follower of Dragur. Every lesson taught, every bit of information learned means another book is added to Infinium’s shelves, and just like any dragon, Dragur feels immense satisfaction every time his hoard grows.

OOC

Most credit goes to HeeroZero for writing the original lore. I simply added on a realm and a few other tidbits to make it formatted correctly for the Lore Games. I also fixed as many grammatical errors as I could, and I apologize if I missed any. Otherwise, most of this is copy pasted from the original lore page that was submitted by Wretched, as entirely rewording everything seemed drastically unnecessary, and frankly, it also seemed a bit disrespectful to attempt such.

Despite not much being written down in this post, I spent a really long time sifting through Heero’s original lore in order for it to be reformatted and organized after it was assigned to me for the Pantheon Project. Because I spent so much time on it, I wanted to go ahead and post the end result after my vacation from the Story Team; I’d rather not all of my efforts for the project to be wasted, and I think Dragur was one of the most important beings that needed to be sorted out and organized. The original lore can be found here. I really hope I did it justice, whether or not it gets accepted. 

I also do realize the spacing is a bit weird. I tried my best to fix it, but all attempts to do such ended up tearing the thread a new *******. I’m sure y’all understand how the forums are. My apologies.

A nicely written piece and a interesting addition to the collection of Deamons we have now, hope it gets accepted 😄 +1

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.