A Guide to using the Aulic Court

Xarkly

A GUIDE TO

THE AULIC COURT OF HANSETI-RUSKA

hp5Ret93DvWl11axIen4Sqk-f1aD4Bz3uBn6AJaVK6BEZitfTjBau-8nAeGAEEnF23JdN6fEGx_elpgh4iw_sHySBNYOErgeT8xWCr4_jOBoa2j4I8cYun6ljp4rxR-KSQ2yLH8J

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

With the inception of the Haurul Caezk as the chief lawbook of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, the Office of the Palatine has seen fit to publish this missive advising citizens on how to use the newly-established Aulic Courts, the judiciary of Haense.

I: Criminal Trials

I.I – Prosecution: Only the Office of the Justiciar, as the state attorney, can charge someone with criminal offenses listed under the Section IV – the Jura i Krima – of the Haurul Caezk. If you wish to report a crime, contact the High Justiciar to begin investigations and criminal proceedings ((the High Justiciar’s Discord can be found in the #haense-directory channel in the Haense Discord)).

I.II – Criminal Defense: If you are charged with a crime by the Office of the Justiciar, you will receive a notification of such and a trial will be arranged. You will have the opportunity to hire legal representation or represent yourself and you will have time to gather any necessary evidence for your defense.

II: Civil Suits

II.I – Suing Someone: If you have been wronged by someone else, you can take the offending party to Court where they can be punished and can even award you monetary damage. To do that, follow these steps;

• Fill out a Summons ((found by CLICKING HERE)) and submit it to the Aulic Courts ((Post it in the Haeseni Law forum, found by CLICKING HERE));
  • Your Summons needs to include the law that has been broken in the Haurul Caezk. Common violations include;
    • Slander & Defamation;
    • Harm suffered through an assault, dishonesty or negligence;
    • Contract issues;
    • Duelling issues;
    • Harassment;
  • Your Summons should provide the Court with a full explanation of the circumstances of the case;
  • Once submitted, the Aulic Courts will review the merits of your Summons and arrange a trial if they deem the case sufficient;

II.II – Being Sued: If you are summoned before the Aulic Court in a civil suit, you will have to attend trial to defend yourself or plead guilty to the charges. If you are being sued, a trial will be arranged to facilitate both parties, both parties will have the opportunity to hire legal representation and both parties will be given time to gather any necessary evidence.

III: Appealing Judgments

III.I – Submitting an Appeal: If you are of the opinion that a judgment of the Aulic Courts, involving you, was wrongful, you can submit a request to the Crown of Hanseti-Ruska to appeal and overturn the judgment. Much like a Summons, you can do this by submitting an Appeal to the Crown ((found by CLICKING HERE)).

III.II – Grounds for Appeal: An Appeal should only be submitted on the following grounds:

• The original trial had legal issues, such as a juror or judge who failed to disclose a relationship with one of the parties;
  • Substantial new evidence has come to light regarding the case after the original trial;
  • The original judgment was objectively seriously flawed.

III.III – Appeal Trials: If the Crown deems an Appeal to have merit, they will call for an Appeal trial and deliver a new judgment.

Issued by Konstantin Wick KML

Lord Palatine of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska

image0.png