Intervention

Treshure

♪♫♬♫♪

v5B0cGi.png

6O9h60x.png

A public letter is posted to Theris Elibar'acal.

"Theris,

I have long been reluctant to play in these political games. It is a field of snakes, where good intention is smothered with propaganda and deceit. I have always withdrawn -- but your stupid bravery has forced my hand.

Your plight for power ends on this day. Do not forget that I was there this last Elven eve, where you appeared to the shock of our citizenry, only to usher away in hushed secrecy with the Sohaer. I now know what was plotted. In one fell swoop, you have been risen to a position of antiquity, and have used it to assume that you are the leader of my sacred family, Elibar’acal.

You are neither of these things. You have not been seen within the cihi, nor have your likes been seen amongst any of the Elibar’acal Talonnii, for which there are few. We have yet to vote for our leadership -- you would know this if you were present with your own blood.

Do not presume to use the title of Medi’ir to seize my family by storm and use it to advance your political gambits. True progress happens in actions -- not empty words, such as “purging impurity” and “restoring culture”. You mean nothing. If this is the will of the Sohaer, then they mean little as well. All I see is the language of despots who use our culture to grip the population and purge dissent.

I will convene with the Elibar’acal Talonnii and cast the intention of becoming Laurir. You will submit to my authority, and this ordeal will end. If you refuse, I will strip you of your Elibar’acal title and erase your name from the annals of our history. 

I have intervened, Theris Elibar’acal. Pray I do not involve myself in your vapid affairs much more.

Irulan Elibar'acal"

Kiljarys pondered the letter while nursing a glass of white wine, furrowing his brows as he finished its contents.

"I wish only for this conflict to invigorate our peoples during these trying times," He muttered beneath his breath, returning to his luxuriation. 

“Finally someone says something about it.” The Sullas matriarch comments on the new posting of interpersonal anguish, chortling to herself. “You know, before I took up my own mantle over Sullas, I spread handfuls of letters addressed to Lucion across the entire mainland of Arcas, even though he hadn’t been spotted in elcihi in decades, if not a century or longer. When he answered, I rightfully acquired my authority and so I brandish it with only the most sincere and determined desire for prosperity within my Talonnii. That is how it is done.” Her prattles concluded there to a likely bored audience of young scholars and distant relatives, but she did not pay any mind to restlessness, supping on some flavorful fresh water with sliced fruit infusing it.