A Holy Gift, Bestowed

Nozgoth

Spoiler

Let it be known that the happenings of the following post are known by very few in roleplay.

FvCvGFhusAlxHcXBY5W2Pu5I7TEFQCkkaHUuLuUqISQQGWRprENetHd4PvHwYj68vx3S4UWBQM0xC55oIsFvUbAUldwiajhjVgcat2eXxJ9850LQUbpSrn7NMx7Rz2fFK8bQOjsb

A Holy Gift, Bestowed

Chants echoed throughout the clouds, from the attic of a dilapidated tower that threatened to crumble at any moment. The dim light of a candle waned under the harsh winds that blew upon the tower that night, and rain pelted down upon its roof. Every now and again, lightning cracked nearby, further revealing the winding tower built upon shallow foundations.

“Hew all hope to sunder.”

From within the tower, there were hushed utterings of incantations and other ramblings, but the voice was carried on by the wind. An elf was there in the tower, barely visible through the thick wall of darkness that the room hosted. But the light was bright enough to show some wicked scene of surgery upon a cadaverous wretch. And there it happened, the green resurgence of blood coursed through its veins.

“Hew this cycle to sunder.”

“Once more, I have bewrayeth all creeds!” the alchemist weeped,

But what was sown is what he reaped,

There would be no hope, for he had planted the seeds,

To his own fate.

And just then, what was only told in legends was soon to unfold. 

Lightning struck twice.

One had been retrieved from death, from the deep cold

This was a holy gift, bestowed.

Cackles and shrieks now resounded through the supposed promise land of alchemical truths, for even the elf knew that he was far beyond repentance. He had bestowed his most holy gift, that which was sworn to never take place again. Alas, what difference would it make?

“Hew these chains to sunder, and set us free.

Bridge the gap from living to truth.”

Oh, how happy I am for these happenings.