THE CALL OF THE UNKNOWN

elven-city.png?fit=1000,642&ssl=1

divider.png

“She is more beautiful than my imagination allowed me to perceive. Thank you, valah.”

The Haenseman smiled wide at the compliment from the elf-lord. With coin in-hand, the human shipbuilder skirted around the outer hull of the glistening sailboat he had brought to the woodland dockyard. The sun had begun to illuminate the horizon with deep shades of orange when the ship arrived to Amathea. It was nearly noon, now. Amaesil stood at the edge of the dock and stared at the impressive creation. The vessel had direct inspiration from the usual fleet of Elvensse, but the figurehead was that of an antlered fox wearing a crown of twigs and berries. The human outdid himself, Amaesil thought.

It was a time of relative peace in the woodlands. The elf-lord had spent much of his life within the confines of the city and Almaris itself. It was only now that he could fathom the possibility of retreating to the far reaches of the world and exploring that which his older kin were familiar with. It was Amaesil’s turn to explore the unknown; it called to him.

“She is all loaded and set,” the Haenseman said as he approached once more. “You’ve sailed before, aye?”

Amaesil offered the human a soft smile. “No.”

A few hours later, the denizens of Amathea could see the billowing, red sails of the Foxhole fading away into the eastern horizon of the Summer Sea. Its destination was unknown and its captain entirely inexperienced. What awaited this elf in the far, far reaches of the world…?

divider.png

Spoiler

I am going to be gone for about a week. I thought I would give Amaesil an excuse for his absence and inability to respond due to the limited access I will have to the internet during my time away. I hope you enjoyed my little blurb and I hope to see you all again very soon!

A Mother prays for her son’s safety!

(Have fun Zill!)

((

))

chadly