[Culture] People of the Hill

AmericanSimp

E1tNupcZonPsl--WyTlIUjJdYYcSo6snwikt31jnuk9S6jI6i1xTVQA1PhLSMXRV9zjZKSdNaDMy4XH1tSlZQdMwQIc9BQLGS8Kv1Bh7k3Yhk6AIKoMC6wu01Efv91qN7VWCFeoZ

People of the Hill

Deep within the vast mountain ranges of Almaris rumors have spread, bearing details of a large family lost to time returning without a word. In a matter of days this family had set up camp, building nothing but scrappy tents, campfires, and what appeared to be an innumerable amount of barrels granting them the title of Hillbilly’s. Peoples and nations from all over the lands of Almaris judged them from the outside, knowing not of why they chose to live in such an uncivilized manner. 

Throughout the encampment of these unknown people; laughter, brawling, and screams filled the air, bringing worry to those who were too afraid to confront the Hillbilly’s. Over the course of many years, the people of the hill continued to grow in number rather swiftly for repopulation appeared to be rather easy, though this only added to the worried minds cursing the land around them. One day, a young boy from this family bearing the name of Bo stumbled into the vast nations of Almaris with a mason jar in hand hoping to end the rumors that had reached his family bearing nothing but falsities. With a smile strapped to his face, Bo Jam walked every inch of the world as a living example of what it means to be a Hillbilly. Bo had many dreams and aspirations, peak among them was the idea of spreading the true meaning of the name Hillbilly. 

DzPy4pOrQ6ltJgxMLbOZ7bhK2GbWjnGdwP3opOdZ0C9VD0fJlzaRnPoJivx6vcDY36GeFAptS_8g5xfLpMwtnDEws1kRAlH_GxE_SPez8Rag7iS7L6j0aT-LzK0XBfCVDgzaz_X5

Way of Life

Many people in the land of Almaris are known as simple, but when it comes to Bo and his family they are far from it. People of the Hill pride themselves on their moonshining abilities, passing on recipes, techniques, and stories from generation to generation in a never ending cycle of perfection. With moonshine holding the priority for Hillbilly’s, the remainder of their way of life revolves around this coveted drink, from the clothing they wear to the tents or small cabins used for sleep and mash storage. 

Hillbilly garb varies rather drastically from Hill to Billy, whether that be a set of overalls, sundress, or going shirtless everyone within this family loves the idea of loose fitting clothing. Everyday within their encampment men and women are seen hoisting barrels, cutting firewood, or mixing mash, so the idea of having anything but a set of loose garb is vacant within the minds of this family. Now, when it comes to grooming, the people of the hill are rather uncanny. Men often wear beards, muttonchops, and unnatural bald spots due to the effects of over drinking from the age of five. Women often can be seen wearing braids or ponytails atop their heads, but when the face and armpits are involved these females become rather passionate. Bearing rather large clumps of armpit hair, and even sometimes a faint mustache, these women are a force to be reckoned with. 

Life within the encampment is almost solely spent making shine, drinking the hooch, or teaching the next generation the history behind such. Hillbilly’s are also rather adventurous spending the remainder of the little free time acquired adventuring and exploring the world around them. Due to this, people of the hill often don’t settle down, so a well-built structure within one of their encampments is quite an uncommon sight making tents and tarps the staple home within. 

Looking from the outside in, almost everyone within Bo’s family appears to be related through blood, though in reality many of the people who are known by the title Hillbilly are related through moonshine. People of the Hill may call themselves family, but to be a Hillbilly is more than that, it is a way of life open to anyone willing to dirty their hands. 

Mindset 

The mindset of those Bo Jam calls family often is referred to as a myth for smiles almost never seem to fade from the face of a Hillbilly even in the face of hardship. Happy, gitty, and full of energy these people offer a very unique experience when running across one. People of the Hill are extremely passionate, and this passion ties directly into what they hold close. Family, Freedom, Friends, and Moonshine motivate these people to be what they are today. Should any of these passions be threatened, many would soon find that the people of the hill are that of a sleeping giant. 

Language 

Many often call the language of the Hillbilly uneducated, but in reality the language is simply relaxed to the point of no return. Taking on the title of a southern accent, the people of the hill often can bring a smile to the average person by simply speaking. Listed below are a few examples of how a Hillbilly speaks, should you choose to become one, your accent doesn’t have to match those listed for the accent you bear is unique to your persona. 

• How are you doing today my friend? - How ya doin today fella?
  • I am not going to eat that - Ah ain’t gone eat tha stuff
  • Are you from here? - Ya from these parts fella? 
  • Wow this drink is amazing - Yeeeeeeeeehoooooooooooo, ain’t nothin like sippin sumtin like this right ‘ere!

As stated before, Hillbilly’s are from everywhere, taking adventure to heart as they move from nation to nation. If you ever find yourself struggling to find a Hillbilly, simply follow the path of moonshine left in their wake, and in time you’ll find yourself deep in the heart of Bo Jam’s Family. 

Written by:

AmericanSimp

OOC:

Spoiler

Currently, I myself play Bo Jam, the one true Hillbilly on LoTC. As I was playing him, I realized the server lacks any real lore in regards to rednecks, hillbilly’s, and those packing a southern accent. I decided to create this culture to help inspire new personas, and maybe one day create a solid group of people looking to pass on a contagious smile! 

I love these guys +1

"Wha' t'e fock. We're t'a REAL people o' t'a HIll!" says Filibert Applefoot, local halfling of Knoxville.

I love it, I'll be assimilating into this culture on Toast. And as a descendant of hillbillies and West Virginian frontier settlers this is an exaggeration of stereotypes which is equal parts hilarious and admirable. 

Yee, and I cannot state this enough...

Haw.

dear gods, this is what I forged those rare items for....

+1

It brings tears to my eyes.

unknown.png