A Students Tale

StrongBear

Spoiler

This is a personal essay that was passed off to the one and only Rhaelanthur, @Cypher_nicus 

0TExxleLLm9fTzMrS1XHIR03nTI1zi0JOhsVzr0p3C1IWx9gmenSUEOqROEpC4Lfib_cGNzQWTbG9DrlTKFLnAa0mtCvZmHflYEmnswE806d3jb53ejrURGL-FgOx8OIlpBmOwI5

Ru0_Noy2lgvxWr1FJSYhpOC5XphpEUdh6S3YWeTlE9ZR3NP2rgB9N8_9aiAXSpG5Mt1cMCohDepYghP2e6RSthZtfpb-bE41gBVDqdxFg_ODxW0iuuEhJi2UUOAulqAk_t4JlYQm

I first decided to start this journey, this task I was given by my teacher, in the Druid Grove. When I first arrived, I introduced myself to a ‘ker, Damein, Coral Druid, an interesting man to say the least. The Atol Grove is the actual name, I found myself seated within the grass, learning that Druids seek to balance the land and heal. But they also do many things ranging from restoring mundane things such as a soiled pond to fighting against Necromancers blighting the earth around. I simply asked the ‘ker of why he wanted to become a druid, they remarked with “For a very long time I lived off the land, with the sea was my only companion and constant in the sea of ever changing uncertainty. And so I wished to give back that very land that was provided for me, to take care of it more than I would with my own two hands. And here I am.” This is all rather interesting for myself, since I grew up in Karsograd and mainly stick to people who call human settlements home, but this place is different, being unkempt, no pesky Orenian citizen pestering you to keep up with social standards. When bringing up the topic of culture and language, this place is filled with many cultures but the main one is Aspectism, worshiping the Aspects, self-improvement ways, they don’t discriminate against one's own religion. Most people here speak a mix of Common and Elven.

My next destination, I found myself heading west, landing in Vortice. I wandered around the walled city  before finding myself in the tavern. I found myself in conversation with the new Monarch, Athri Onfroi Belrose-Maelstrom, a one eye ‘thrill who wears a tiara. This is a city that has much focus around all things voidal related, a decent amount of the population who calls this place home are in fact voidal mages. I must admit, I was catching myself starting to doze off during this conversation, when it comes to culture and languages around this city, it’s a heavy mix from blah to common, cultures are also a mix of all the races that call this place home.Just to throw in a fun question to finish the conversation up, I asked “If there is one thing you could change, what would it be?” Athri responded with “Having a functional military.” I was almost dumbfounded to hear about this, they don’t have people who want to join the cause to keep their beloved city safe.

After a long and treacherous journey, I finally arrived to Elvenesse. I found myself speaking with a Green Priestess, Briar Taliame’onn, she was kind, smiled a lot. We started off talking about the religion of the ‘ame, they follow the Aspects, manu, protectors of the Aspects that take the form of animals. Their culture seems to revolve around the same as the Druids, keeping things in balance, they never take more than they need, they honor and respect the forest around them. Religion and family are what drives their culture, many families within Elvenesse coexist with one another. With a change of topics, I simply asked how the city is run, government and what not; A High Price takes power with votes from a council, they keep power until they retire or are deemed no longer fit to rule. The council is created from people who are in charge of the military, housing, and exarchy (in charge of maintaining the laws) ; then they have advisors that are family and seed heads along with trusted citizens. With the final change of topics, I was asked why I was going around asking these question, once I explained I was attempting to become a Paladin, Briar was almost ecstatic with the chance to finally have a conversation with one.

Pretty close to home for this one, I made my way to Hefrumn, a conversation with a dwed, I met when he broke into the keep, an interesting man. Grilthram Hammerforge is this lads name, sometimes I forget that I'm tall and tower over our close neighbors in Urguan. Our shorter counterparts follow the Braithmordikin, a series of dwarven gods that each have rule over different sections of dwarf life, for the culture of things, it varies from clan to clan but over it’s rather consistent with each. They generally enjoy war, industry, feastivities; certain ceremonies specific to them, such as famous drinking and brawling tournaments. When the topic of politics came up, they operate with a voting system where the lords of each clan vote on a choice presented before the king, the king generally can handle the smaller choices on his own but larger decisions such as war is handled by the council. Frostbeards, Grandaxe, Ireheart, Irongun, and Goldand are the elder clans, one that have been around the longest, long family lines. With things related to magic, they hold runesmithing and golemanecy.

Haelun’or, the home of the high elves, also known as The Silver city to some like to call it. When I first arrived, I was glared at, almost felt like I was hated as soon as I stepped in. But nonetheless I continued with the task at hand, I introduced myself to one Farryn, a member of their military services. Starting the conversation off slowly, the city is mainly composed of ‘aherals but they allow other races to live within their walls. Apparently they don’t have one true religion that they follow, they believe more in knowledge and wisdom, they use those two things to influence what they believe and follow. As I thought, the main language here is a good mix of Elven and common. The elfess went on a short tangent with speaking full elven, I did my best to act dumb and not understand, this is one place I wish to not meet an early end or be labeled as a halfie. I did however bring up a rather interesting topic, I asked “What if someone came here with mixed blood, how would they be treated?” Farryn without a single breathe retorted with, “They’d most likely be killed or possibly banished.” That just doesn’t sit right with me, I’ve had to deal with the issue of people suspecting I was part elf because of my families name, it’s something I can’t full grasp, I decided to move from that topic as quickly as I could, changed the subject to what this elfess thought about the city. But alas our conversation was cut short due to needing to get prepared for a final battle with Shuul in Ando Alur.

Concluded 14th of Snow’s Maiden, year 37 of the Second Age

Elias Leon O’Rourke née Asul’onn-Amethil

Transparent paragraph divider clip art - Transparent Divider Line Christmas