The Snake Left Only Bones

hemomancy

XnS4SOCiApAmQXDipkLhKS_nNR20qE7ph0W6F2NoMquYH6r4WWWwWlX0LDJQRAYkAagPjsoWdncyOquI8m5ntllvIU30_5TaHkCULlI8RU275j0vjTZB2-ytVUluKTJ38bOFoHvS=s0

8F7ohFbNzZCiE3qaWUOsw0dlrbJWbHkdiQFD84mWfRprcNX7NUDZxLTMfafIjCO6pKPGZAf-5Vtb1_OXImpvVgguNgAVBUylw4eNks_LhnPwELqLBKdbIav6FWcY_7NjfkT-TBPF=s0

So on did the magi walk, feet pounding ‘gainst the grass with each step she took. Leaves rustled from afar, jungles and swamps left behind her. The wind came throughout the land in a calming manner- smelling of salt no longer, and simply earth. ‘How long has it been since I’ve not smelled the salt in the air?’ Questioned the woman to herself, as constant internal thoughts began to slip through the cracks.

Athri Onfroi paused.

‘Is this what I’ve always wanted?’

Her mind was always one to wander, always back to one thing-

Freedom.

A freedom she’d never seen past her teenage days, a freedom she’d long to return to, for years to come.

‘How long have I been working?’

‘How long has it been?’

‘When did I last make time for myself?’

‘...When was I last free?’

A hand grasped air, curling to a fist. All this was her fault, and it always had been. She thought back to younger days, when she’d taken on Knighthood then.

-

“Jolfrey!” Shouted out an older, grey-haired woman.
“What?” Said the man in question.

“Yeh cut her!” Said Alli - the woman. Athri's aunt.

“It’s fine, it’s fine!” Responded Athri, to both.

And then swords clashed, the two continuing their spar.

-

Athri simply recounted her times with friends- family, times she knew would never come again. Many from then were dead, only bones remained.

The woman then thought of the Grotto, where she’d lived as a child, and as an adult, no longer a Knight.

-

“Athri! Don’t go back to Haelun’or. Ever.” Said her older cousin, scolding her.
“Why not!” Shouted a child, pouting.

“You threw gold at them, they would kill you!” Opal said
“Nuh-uh.” Said young Athri

And after a moment, the girl gave in.

“Fine.”

-

The Onfroi thought back to the times she’d stay with her cousin and brother, yet all those near seemed to disappear with time. Presumed dead, only bones remained.

And now- Athri recounted on the last fifty years of her life. The majority of her time was spent then.

-

No conversations were thought of. No truly remembered moments, only little joy left in the wake.

-

‘Stress.’

Was what Athri thought.

‘It was all stress.’

And then another, unwelcomed thought occurred.

‘I won’t end up like her because of it.’

‘I’d be dead if I stayed’

‘I’m not going to die yet.’

And so, she left behind those bones too.

-

To those who know Athri, it shall be up to them if they wish to presume the worst, or hope for the best.

8F7ohFbNzZCiE3qaWUOsw0dlrbJWbHkdiQFD84mWfRprcNX7NUDZxLTMfafIjCO6pKPGZAf-5Vtb1_OXImpvVgguNgAVBUylw4eNks_LhnPwELqLBKdbIav6FWcY_7NjfkT-TBPF=s0

Spoiler

Self insert is finally happy, I’m finally happy too.

Seriously tho, I’ve loved what I’ve been doing for over a year now, but damn is it stressful. Taking on school, a part time job, and balancing how I spend the rest of my free time has gotten much worse, and my mental health has had a bit of a decline because of leadership. So, I’m doing this for both my sake and Athri’s, although she won’t be shelved, this’ll be a new little era where she does what she wants to do, while I also do what I want to do.

Hey! At least my mental health has been waaaaaay better, and I’ve begun doing what I like- which is some nice creative writing lol.

I’m gonna be around for a while, dm me if you ever want to

<3, Ivy

Nicholas brows would furrowed as he looked up towards to the window in thought, gripping his chair hard as he thought of his missing teacher. He promised to himself that he would do his best to continue his studies in hopes of showing it off to her once he found her somewhere. "I hope you are alright, Teach." he'd said aloud, concerned and distress on his face before relaxing to the tune of music that is playing in the house smiling genuinely as he danced alongside with his loved one.

Levian'Tol Grandaxe lays back in his chair, a fire burning in the hearth before him as he hears of his nieces vanishing.
"Teh Onfrois continue ta drop loike flies." The Grand King lifts his hand as a Ornate Golden doorway opens before him. His eyes emit a pale golden light as a log falls out of the doorway directly into the fire. 

A 'ker clicks his tongue as he leans forward, placing his gloved hands upon a long surgical table that lie below his home. His head peers to the dozens of diagrams and pictures he had drawn along with the notes he scribbled next to each one. "A shame that stress lies upon those least deserving of it." Sulieronn grasps onto a diagram he had just creates, rolling up the paper into a sort of scroll before sliding it on his shelf to let it go along with the rest of his collection "But peace.. Im glad to see Athri find such a thing. Let it take it's time.. but not too much time" With that, Sul gets back to work.