A New Patriatch

Lomiei

A New Patriarch

With the passing of the late Henry Bishop, former knight of Sedan, former count of Dobern, former baron of Avoria, former hauputmann of Reinmar, and former Patriarch of House Bishop, our most beloved alderman and maintainer of gardens ascends into the 7-skies to watch over us all with as wide a smile, and as loving of a heart, as he had allthroughout his life.
He is survived by his wife, Victoria Bishop, His sons, Erwin, Friedrich, & August Bishop, and his daughter, Maya Bishop.

Erwin Bishop gives the following speech to a gathering of Haenseni, Sedani, and Sutican citizens when the news of Henry's death and Erwin’s inheritance is spread.

I, Erwin Bishop, Patriarch of House Bishop, stand before you with a promise. A promise to carry on my father’s legacy with pride. We knew him as a pious man, as all men ought to be, but few are; and I myself will never cease my prayers to the 7 skies for the purpose of maintaining my honor, preserving my family, and holding me strong in my service to God; just as he prayed. We knew him as a patriotic man, as all men ought to be, but even fewer are; and I myself will not cease to serve the crown of Haense with my sword and my quill, as my father did before me. Finally, we knew him as a shining model of fatherhood, as all men ought to be, and yet still fewer are; and I myself will use his example as a guide for my own children, if I would wish them to be dutiful members of society, dutiful to their family, and dutiful to God, there is no better figure.

Know, all of you, that your prayers and concolences for my father are well appreciated, but there is not much more to say than this: The House of Bishop will remain, by the Grace of God, Forever Standing. Despite the challenges we will surely face, from within and without, our resolve will prove our family to be steadfast in our values. Those with the surname of Bishop will be held to the highest standard, to honor the fallen hero who is my father.

Adelina Bishop hears her husband's words, nodding, "May Zhe House of Bishop live on, und may ve pray for Gott to continue protecting us."