[✗] [World Lore] - Rimeweld Wastes

Royal Peasant

Located north of the Kingdom of Haense, and spreading far to the east of the Kingdom of Norland, lays the Rimeweld wastes. While some of the land had been worked into paths for travel, allowing both Haense and Norland people to venture into the wastes, the vast majority of the land is covered in snow and ice, making it a difficult and a perilous trek to venture deeper without the right supplies and knowledge of the land.

The land itself is completely covered in snow and ice, rising tall into mountaintops with gaping holes that could lead to any man's death should they fall into the mountains inner depths. Frozen spires of ice, rising tall, as if they were the trees of the land, reaching out to the heavens. While what form of life that has still managed to thrive within these frozen lands continue to prosper and struggle to survive under the shadows of those towering spires. For this, was a land of the hunt. Where beasts hunted each other for any form of meat they could. Great white bears that roamed, packs of winter wolves that stalked for their prey, foxes of white fur and hares that burrow themselves deep into the snow for safety. With the barest hint of flora managing to still exist, the rare plant, that thrives in the cold instead of being frozen by it, and trees that burrow their roots deep under the snow to find their nutrients.

However, despite the vast majority of the land is owned by nature, and nature solely, there is still some form of civilized life that had managed to secure a hold of the land, where many have risen and fallen back under the snow to be forgotten. Mining operations from the kingdoms have dug through the ice, and snow, creating lands for them to work deep into the mountains to mine resources on the outskirts of their kingdoms. And what remains of the Rimtrolls that survive deep, deep into the snowly lands, living in peace with vegetation unless angered by trespassers. 

But like any place where multiple civilizations have a connection, tensions will thrive. As they once did in the past with the Rimtrolls and the neighbouring people. War was claimed, and war was given, to take the land filled with untouched resources and make it their own. The war went long, and bloody, but eventually it came to a end. With peace. And a treaty between the Norland people and the Rimtrolls of trade to settle the long bloody conflict. Leaving peace to take the forefront of the snowy lands once more.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Since joining I've asked in multiple places about the lore of the Rimeveld, be it the discord, the ooc, and searched for what rare pieces of lore I can find. The responses to the inquires have been 'Its frozen' to joking answers, but I never managed to find anything concrete, and my own searches on the forum and Wiki resulted in little to be found as well. So I wished to write something up to describe the land and some of its hidden lore for those that join, so they aren't baffled like myself.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Edited by Royal Peasant
Changing 'fast' to 'Vast'. Friend noticed a typo.

It should probably be noted that most if not all of the rimetrolls left the rimeveld and moved just northwest of Varhelm, the capital city of Norland to make a new city under Norlands protection.

This lore has been denied.

Hey there!

I appreciate your effort into a piece made for the modern history, but this can be done without putting it in the lore section. Regarding the proper world lore and backstory of this area, the history of so is and has been spreading around in-character for people to share legend and talk about- as with most other region lore events we’ve quietly kicked off. The large and more widespread ones are still yet to come, but the lore is indeed out there to spread from person to person to encourage rp and make things more interesting than a flat face of text.

Thank you for your submission, have a great day.