On Determination: A Canonist View

Fionn__TWG

On Determination: A Canonist View

A Thesis by Klaus Barclay

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

kGOG9H7IxG--O2pwWSzX3kf_lrl72XQcO5ryIRfrbnx1G4C876tsMbuATRw23WzN09VTCakucFJAjXgf5T-zfGMcYHvYnPYgmHrnamMRO0ZmbcZvIQ5UluO4vP6dG8ToFPUID-g1

A painting of determined men building a cathedral.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

As followers of God, it is imperative that all of the Canonist flock adhere to the teachings of the Holy Scrolls and live as faithful men and women. As such, I have taken inspiration from the essay on determination written by Duke Eirik Baruch to write about the importance of determination to a faithful Canonist.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

“There is a fundamental difference that shines when comparing Man to that of the other descendant races,

and that is the Determination of Man.”

-Eirik Baruch, On Determination

Many points have been made on this essay by the Duke of Valwyck for why this trait may be unique to Man, rather than shared among his fellow Descendants, however there is one reason I believe above all for why this may be, a point the author of this quote may have overlooked.

As is clear to anyone who has travelled the world, Man is the most pious, and most faithful, of all Descendants. Men have built countless grand churches, cathedrals, basilicas, men devoting their entire lives to the construction of these tributes, the coffers of kingdoms and empires alike being drained to fund the intricate details excruciatingly handcrafted along the walls, pillars, and floors of these buildings. Men have devoted their lives to serving God directly, whether they be a Holy Sir or Dame in the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn, a humble priest, or the High Pontiff at a time. Man devotes countless hours, days, and years to the worship of God, with nothing expected in return other than his love and protection. In doing all these deeds to the service of our Lord, Man has fulfilled the 4th moral law of the Canonist Faith, as received by Exalted Horen;

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

“So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this:

You shall not be idle, nor forget your duties in favor of sloth.”

-Scroll of Virtue, 4:8

God has seen the determination Man has put into worshipping Him,, and thus has rewarded him, by giving him the determination to achieve all which he desires in other sectors of life such as military service or politics, no matter his short lifespan.  However, in doing this, Godan has forbidden us, as well as all Descendants, from taking the gift of life for granted, proclaiming that we must make use of our time in this realm wisely, so as to be rewarded with passage into the Seven Skies.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

-Acolyte Klaus Barclay

August Barclay applauds Klaus, whilst ignoring the thesis itself.

"GOD I HATE Elves," says a relative of Klaus Barclay, looking down at the thesis from the Skies.