Samuel Starling For Grand Maer

Tankplaysmc

Samuel Starling, A Voice of Prosperity

An Introduction:

I am Samuel Starling. An immigrant who came to Haense seven years ago. I have lived in the city of Karosgrad and ran for maer six years ago, achieving an admirable amount of votes. Since then, my views and philosophy have grown exponentially with Haeseni culture in mind. I have also made a name for myself in the tourney grounds, with many of my fans calling me The Rook when they see my presence. I have also participated in four battles over my seven-year-long tenure with the BSK, achieving the rank of Armsman for my service. I fought at Southbridge and led a cavalry charge that crippled the enemy’s flank. I fought at Urquan twice to defend our dwarven allies from the Ferrymen and ISA, striking down Banjo himself at Stonetower. I then fought for this very city, helping route the Imperials back to their turf. 

Problems I plan to solve through Duma:

I have been living in this city for a while now and I have seen some issues. The first and foremost is one that affects me the most, the farms. Two years ago at Duma, the potatoes being harvested were brought under scrutiny for their lack of use and poor quality. I intend to reform our farms so that we are producing foods that are of far greater value. Most notably, wheat. Wheat is far more storage able than potatoes, thus I intend to expand Karosgrad wheat production to rival the manors of Oren.

Another issue I have seen is the meagre amount of events in this city. Not enough melees to make use of the arena, not enough plays to make use of the theatre, not enough jousts to make use of the tourney grounds. If voted Grand Maer, I intend to fix this even in these times of war and bring prosperity to the city through these avenues of entertainment. And, with the recent addition of Court Chamberlain, I intend to work alongside them in order to bring these plans to fruition.

A minor issue on the table is the complaints recently of not having keys to places one should have keys. Such as access to certain buildings, or even one’s mailbox. Thus, I shall make sure to help those who need assistance with their rightful belongings. 

I also wish to have the Maer post as transparent as possible with as much citizen contact as possible. I intend to hold meetings to make use of the assembly hall to connect with those who wish to see things done in this city that I cannot think of.

Speaking of which, as Maer I intend to hire Advisor(s) to guide me in my post.

However, none of these issues are as controversial at this time as the Karenina Accord.

This is my opinion on the matter. I support it, yet realistically I doubt enough supporters of the Accord can be elected to win a majority over the male hardliners in Duma. Besides, the Duma is only advisory to the King, who may simply take the position of the minority. Again, this minority would be such only by a small margin, if at all.

Thus, I propose my own idea on how to make it fair, yet also agreeable for the conservatives in Duma. I call it Selective Inheritance. Under this, the titleholder or asset bearer, depending on the situation, will declare their heir apparent in their Will and leave it in such a document until their death, where the document shall be opened and read. In some instances, this would mean the heir apparent is privately known, but in most, it would still be public knowledge who is to inherit the titles before the title holder's death. Thus, the inheritance of titles and assets may go to anyone of relation, regardless of gender, if the will writer says so. If the titleholder wishes to keep it male primogeniture, then so be it. If not, they will be able to raise whomever to their position.

In addition, this would eliminate issues of non relations. If a friend is listed in the Will, then they would inherit it rather than the State and continue on the previous owner’s legacy. 

Another thing to mention, is that this would only apply to future heirs. It is my opinion that current male heirs will stay the heirs no matter what is decided in Duma, whether it is my proposition or the Accord. This is to ensure stability during such transitionary times. However, if the title holder wishes to change now, then that shall be their decision to argue with their family.

Starling's Promises:
To reiterate my promises and solutions to the problems of Karosgrad.

• Farm Reform and the Increase of Wheat Production.

• More Events and Prizes for the People of Karosgrad. 

• Transparency of the Maer Office and introduction of Regular Assemblies. 

• The hiring of Advisor(s) to help the Maer where he may not have the sight to see issues at first glance.

• Selective Inheritance if Super Majority support for the Karenina Accord is not achieved.

• Stability for Established Heirs.

• Helping fix issues with property.

Together We Prosper. Vote Starling for Grand Maer. Thank you for reading.

Ser Reinhardt Barclay smiles at the Campaign post, he was glad that a common man was pulling himself up by the bootstraps to claim his piece of the Haeseni Dream “He’s got mein vote” he said 

Edited by Capt_Chief26