elparir’thilln, 2nd edition, 21st of the Amber Cold, 71 S.A.

elparir’thilln
issue no. 2
printed by the Silver Printing Press

21st of the Amber Cold, year 71 S. A.

bSPOpeWpwJUpgwbt5k8-BOdBpcmOFZ1vTjqaWRYfYOBC3EmtdHZ6VQIJWqKh4cNkUbGBo0CTH8fwU3Y_OFoTtSJldYXQUzUTQRZTAcmlR0VWX92ydg6PlucEYHYwK0OyqvlKgUDv

pg. 1

_jC1WlObyXy8oWGwhtKdF-Au0gUJ5YhEADuyOWACcqicjaueqmgsZiu3oFNuvKYTj5uaoUIdDDCLJFf0qZzD3KkROofGsBC7d4EzFgz4QL6hb5rKlUMnE6vtuFMHbMm2jLusqsiY

Haelunor'ito...

THE HEIAL’THILLN COMPLETE

Early into this Elven week, the denizens of Karinah’siol have been greeted by the most pleasant news of the occupation of the last remaining open seats within the Silver Council.

Following a brief electoral round, Elarhil Sullas ascended to the Okarir’mali tenureship, which has been empty ever since the days of the kinslayer. The now newly elected Okarir’mali has even published, albeit a very brief, list of objectives to be followed during his ministry. Even further, shortly after his election, the Sullas had already arranged for a soirée, which was seen as a promising success, rejuvenating the people of Karinah’siol, so weary of the recent memory of war, and rumour has it he has many more events in store still. It has been noted that even the self proclaimed speaker of Malin’s kin, the lord of Ebonwood, Minuvas Melphestaus counted among the guests of this primordial social event. While not altogether spectacular on its own, such a thing could hopefully herald a warming of relations between the Silver State and the Continental world.

Outside of the Electoral world were the offices of the Mediir’an, the Sohaer’s direct adjutants. Following the political reforms of the Sohaer Alaion Miravaris, to such offices were concentrated the diplomatic efforts of the State.

Following a meritocratic assessment of potential candidates, to the aforementioned positions were elevated the Pamphilos Callidora Hyptos, and the already famous Malaurir Ikur Sullas, known for his thirty-year Maheralship during the late Arcasian Haelun’orian Republic.

While, for matters concerning State security, their current endeavours shall remain undisclosed, this pair inspires hope for the future, and is most certainly seen as a wise decision on the part of the Sohaer to elevate the two.

Pamphilos Callidora Hyptos, still young on the political scene of Haelun’or, has been described as lacking that unwavering attitude to the dogmas of the past, which some older politicians appear to possess. Further, by trade a sailor, he has travelled to many exotic corners of the world, familiarising himself with foreign customs, thus making him an excellent Mali’aheral to have on the diplomatic arena. 

At the other spectrum lies the ancient Ikur Sullas, who many believed to have retreated from the world of politics. Perhaps lacking that same novelty that his homolog seems to have, Ikur Sullas is, at a closer glance, a perfect piece to balance the international efforts of the Nation. Possessing much experience amassed over centuries of activity, and establishing many connections, especially in the realms of the Valah, it seems of no question that the wisened Malaurir shall stand sentinel over the international security and prosperity of the Silver State of Haelun’or.

pg. 2

THE REVIVAL OF THE EVARIR’THILL IL’CRUAN

The latest announcement from the office of the Maheral Braxus Ni’leya sees the reintroduction of the ancient institution of the evarir’thill il’cruan. 

This ancient order, architected by the famous Kalenz Uradir, serves as a guardian of purity, directly under the administration of the Maheral. The duties of its members include the investigation of dubious members of our Blessed society, of those that are suspected of harbouring impure beliefs that may threaten the security of the State and the progress and health of Larihei’s children.

While the Maheral’s proclamation does not state it explicitly, it is implied that the members of this order will remain secret, in order to protect the paths of investigation from potential corruption and intimidation attempts upon investigators. 

To most citizens of Karinah’siol, this reenactment of the order seems most justified, for, it is reasoned, while the bandit pretender may have been expelled from the Silver City, it is believed her evil intentions of subjugation have not disappeared entirely. Thusly, the evarir’thill il’cruan is a most needed mechanism of further protection from the evil plots of the bandit and the kinslayer. 

We are facing an oppressive, reactionary enemy that seeks to relegate Larihei, and elevate in her place an illegitimate bandit. They want to do away with our egalitarian social order, and bring about an obsolete one; a feudal caste system that even the Valah have started to abandon. It is unfortunate that we must renounce a degree of privacy, yet it is a necessary sacrifice I personally am willing to make, so as to ensure our societal well-being, collective happiness, Stately security, and the continuation of our most enlightened way of life. Besides, I know I am pure of both mind and body, so I have nothing to hide.” stated a regular Mali’aheral citizen, when asked about the necessity of the evarir’thill il’cruan.

pg. 3

THE RETURN OF THE KHARAJYR

The Silver Island upon which the city of Karinah’siol is built is healing, after decades of turmoil. As evidence to this stands the expressed desire of a group of Kharajyr to construct a settlement on the island. 

The Kharajyr are a most noble people, having a long history with the Mali’aheral. Many ‘aheral, in light of this most beautiful friendship, have even voiced their opinions that the position of Tilruir’kha should be reinstated, one which granted the Kharajyr a voice in the Silver Council, last during the last Haelun’orian Republic, some 70 years ago.

An official position on the political status of the Kharajyr remains yet unknown, but it is doubtless that chances of such an emancipation would grow proportionally with the actual number of Kharajyr which seek to settle within the Silver State, so far remaining rather small. Hopes are, however, that their numbers will only grow from here on, and a most ancient community will sprung to live once more in harmony with the children of Larihei.

Donation boxes have been prepared by the Silver Government, however, inviting all Mali’aheral that may possess an excess of marble, quartz, sandstone and other construction materials, to donate them to the noble cause of the Kharajyr.

pg. 4

THE BANNER OF HAELUN’OR

Gone are the traumatising days when the Mali’aheral fervently debated among one another the correct approach to routing the ‘fennic menace from their homes. Now, they turn to more lighthearted matters, yet still with just as much passion. 

To honour those poor civilians, mothers and children, that were mercilessly slaughtered by the ‘fennic occupiers, as well as to honour those heroes that actively engaged the invaders and thus died in the name of Larihei, the Silver Government announced and temporarily implemented the changing of the colour of the National Standard, from red to black.

However, with the period of mourning drawing to an end, and with the beginning of the proper reconstruction, voices within society have expressed their opinion that the new, temporary colour, should instead stay permanently. This has evolved into a proper debate involving all of the denizens of Karinah’siol regarding which colour should grace the Silver State’s banner. 

Following an ad-hoc voting within the Public Assembly, the struggle evolved between the colour red, and the colour blue. As the main counterpoint to red, some people have expressed that it would herald a return to the more dark pasts of the Silver State, those of the Diarchy, characteristic of their undemocratic society, whereas the concern with blue was that it would make the Standard of Haelun’or too similar to that of the ‘fenn.

This has not stopped, however, some people to come with more outlandish propositions, such as having the colour pink upon the National flag, in the memory of Azorella Elibar’acal, the late Malaurir assassinated towards the end of the Diarchy almost a century ago, since then a martyr of the democratic cause.

Other people have proposed to return to a system of colour-coding according to each colour’s associated meaning within Mali’aheral culture, each institution bearing a flag of different colour, in relation to its purpose, such as the Library hoisting a blue flag, while the Sillumiran quarters a red one; only the coat of arms is to remain the same.

Ultimately, following multiple polls, and the vote in the Assembly, it has been expressed by the majority that the colour red upon the Standard should be reintroduced. This development was announced officially not long ago by the Silver Administration, thusly the colour red shall make its return upon the banners of the Silver State.

pg. 5

INTERVIEW WITH THE SOHAER ALAION MIRAVARIS

It is with utmost pleasure that this newspaper editorial team receives the Sohaer Alaion Miravaris’s positive reply to the invitation of participating in an interview for this very newspaper. The Sohaer, not a novice on the political arena, has been voted as the Nation’s steward at a most critical time, and is therefore the centre of attention, for his decisions can potentially ruin, or usher into prosperity, the very nation of Larihei’s children.

It is with that in mind, that it has been seen fit to invite the Sohaer to answer a few questions of importance to the public of Karinah’siol, recorded as below:

Interviewer: “Sohaer, ahern ito nae’leh, for accepting this invitation and for agreeing to answer a few questions that I think are of importance to the public. Let me begin on a light note. Now that you have ascended to leadership, the invaders have been driven out and the Silver Council is full. Do you have optimism for the future, do you see this nation prosper in the years to come?

The Sohaer: “Well, I am a man of honesty, llir, and I must say I do see a bright future for the Mali’thill, for Haelun’or. This is not to say there shall be no troubles along the way - I’ve no doubt there is still much yet to be done, llir! But as an overall, I do indeed believe this is the beginning of something great.

Interviewer: “Over the past years, it seems that the entire intellectual world of the Elvendom has been captured by one idea, that of Elven Unity. What do you think about Elven Unity? How do you view such a concept, and how do you propose the attitude of the Silver State to be in regards to other Elven realms?

The Sohaer: “It is regretful that, in recent years, our relations with our Mali cousins have been rather strained. In terms of Elven Unity - I am most amicable to the possibility. Ne another Dominion of Malin; The Silver People do not seek a return to the forests of the ‘ame - yet a closer allyship, perhaps a co-elven committee? Should our ‘ame and ‘ker cousins hold a similar view, this is a possibility that definitely sits upon the horizons. It is my goal as Sohaer to branch out and engage the Silver State in the affairs of the realm once more.

Interviewer: “Now, you are of course no stranger to politics. You had a rather brief attempt to guide the nation, during the Republican Revolution. The question arises, then: What have you learned from those days? What did that period of turmoil teach you personally concerning leadership?

The Sohaer:  “I expected this one to come up. That time was one of immense stress. As you might know, I held the position of Okarir’tir for an elven year or so prior to my brief first Sohaership; I was placed into the position in a rushed manner, the duty of mediation and stabilisation falling upon me. I soon learnt that the office of Sohaer functions quite differently to that of ‘tir. It is not a position in which you might command alone. After the assassination of dear Malaurir Azorella, there was much chaos afoot within elcihi. Those councillors that had been noted as suspects for possible involvement, many of whom were close llir of mine; I believed their story entirely. As someone who was not present when the attack happened, I could not fathom that these certain members of the Citizenry were so quick to place blame, to further bloodshed, rather than investigate properly the incident. In my absence, a small mob formed not long after Azorella’s death, attempting to throw the councillors who had been present at the scene into the acid pits for failing to intervene. To this, I hoped to finally make conclusion of the terrible event. Myself and mister Acaele, who was not, began making preparations to hold one large trial, chaired by the Malauriran, wherein those who were accused of complicitness in the assassination might be tried, yet so would those who acted in rashness, causing damage, assaulting the accused without provision of fair, proper trial. Unfortunately, I made the decision within this time to remove mister Maehr’tehral from my Silver Council. A popular ‘thill at the time, spearheading a great deal of the call for the immediate incarceration of all Councillors present at the scene. This, in turn, sparked the call for democracy. Now, llir - you must forgive my acts in this regard. As a young oem’ii, I had seen Okarn’thilln fall - it was in Fi’halen, under the system of Diarchy, that I had spent most of my life. A prosperous time it was, for the most of it. But ti - you can begin to imagine, I did not have the prettiest picture of democracy, nor a great understanding of its strengths. In retrospect, I can see my mistake. It was with this mindset that I put the growing calls for democracy aside - I had thought it to be an issue I might deal with at a later time, after the trials were sorted, after elcihi was back together. I was incorrect; and I failed to bring about elcihi’s confidence in me. I had kept mister Kinahen upon my council, who, I was later informed, whether purposefully or not, directly failed to intervene in the murder of Azorella, standing only a few steps away from her as she died; a bystander, in such a time of great crisis. With these upsets compiling, it came to be upon the date of the trial that the Citizenry declared Acaele to not be, and formally demanded elections. With this realisation, I bowed my head. I felt it was not fitting for me to run for Sohaer at the time. Instead, I took my leave from elcihi for a period of self-reflection; to recount those events, to grow, and to better myself. It is in recent years that I have returned, and in a situation of such crisis, I hope that this time I might redeem for the missed opportunity back then, the chance for progress squandered and the failure to lead with rightful approach.

Interviewer: “You have been denied the opportunity of reaching to the supporters of the bandit claimant, as she refused to debate you. Perhaps among those supporters are people misguided, who had their emotions manipulated and now find themselves in the camp of the ‘fenns, fearing that returning to this Island might bring about their execution. What do you have to say to those people? Do you believe they can be saved, that they should have our mercy?

The Sohaer: “To those Mali’thill who have indeed been misled, I reach out to you as I would any lost kin; fear not to return home, for redemption and progress is always at hand. The Path of Purity is ever open, and I should hope that, much alike myself, you each learn to reflect upon past mistakes and take steps towards improvement. The maehr’sae hiylun’ehya awaits you yet; for all who are ‘thill, a welcoming hand is extended.

Interviewer: “Lastly, I believe you have answered this during the public assembly, but I think it would do well to inscribe it here also. Considering the situation on the mainland, and that the main active treaties still in place have been signed by the kinslayer and her false counsellors, what do you think of the war on the Continent, between Oren and the Coalition? Do you see, as it develops now, a possibility of it affecting Haelun’or, or of Haelun’or intervening?

The Sohaer: “As of current, I cannot see Haelun’or intervening. Whilst I hope to seek friendships outwards, I do not seek conflict outwards. We’ve much work yet to do within the Silver State, and I should not feel it is our place to intervene, this is ne our conflict. Yet, times change, and we shall see what occurs. Despite these treaties having been signed by the kinslayer Ayliana, I am an elf of honour and I intend to stand by these agreements. Nevertheless, I shall say this: Haelun’or is ever good to its lliran, and shall stand by them should they face harm.

pg. 6

omIR5rJKregYmUFj9UQsp4mhpv2SluDxHswC5CbP4vuucL3ZvbOCknPmMsSe7EWcF6avtUtJr-OfYCD5Ij2nFspEr7BsbYjJJXEsi8jCaJtgc3HrTIG9afhJw-oVRN12p8y1R9cC

Author’s Note

To conclude this most voluminous second issue of The Silver Harbinger, it is the wish of the author that thenceforth the newspaper shall accept advertisement proposals. Depending on the number of articles within one issue, it is desired to run at most about one or two advertisement campaigns per edition, so as not to clutter it too much.

If it is your desire to make an advertisement campaign, do send a letter to the address of Berr’lin IV. No financial incentive is required, for those advertisements that shall appear on the newspaper will be placed free of charge, to give equal opportunity to the less endowed Mali’thill, and to advance our egalitarian society.

The newspaper does reserve, however, the right to reject any advertisements that promote products or services in contradiction with the Silver Law, or situate dubiously within the life philosophy of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya.

Lastly, to the same address as stated above, Berr’lin IV, one can also send letters of application, for those that wish to join the newspaper team, ever open to newcomers.

maehr’sae hiylun’ehya,
Maenor Aildhuin

xT34yYcA-wUiVFu-JuiCqtjgqY-XZvM9pcQn3y1CudqSLcGjBAoKp0YnhFGFjo2LL3CV7FY9tMI1S-cEUMFhPpT06-pKXzJDwCju1_s_TP6dcsnQ08_9_9wuLRUTG-YyyMOhWnS6

[!] This newspaper is readily available for the citizens of Karinah'siol to read, issues being distributed to people's houses and to other various public places of interest via adequately compensated couriers.

"A mighty fine publication indeed-!" mused the Sohaer, reading the issue over his morning cup of tea. "Nevertheless made better by my segment, of course. Some difficult queries!" he confessed with prideful grin.