It started with a tick.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tick. Tock.

Josephine watches the clock on the wall as she repeatedly stirs the stew pot on the stove. Will it burn? She has a feeling it might but only time would tell.

She turns her head to her babies, the babies that sleep so peacefully in their cots that she managed to bring them down into the kitchen alone. 

Alone.

She had a feeling it would turn this way, it always had. That feeling of family never consisted in her life, a tragic reality which she had to face far too young.

Her mother was never around and she slowly realised it may be because she didn’t actually want her, that idea frightened her to no end but it’s not like she knew any different. 

Her father terrified her, a feeling she was only just getting used to but the unsettling realisation that the frightened feeling was always there. He blamed her for everything and she blamed him for everything. The feeling was damn mutual and in the back of her mind she knows that.

Her brother, the brother who grounded her in so many situations, was dead. His body she visits often, touching the recently upturned dirt with a wishful feeling. She blamed him for dying, leaving her alone in this world without any idea of how to do things. He could’ve helped her raise her children or taught her how to be a good wife, a good soldier, a good daughter.

Tick. Tock.

The stew was burning, she smelt it before she saw it. She lets out a huff, pulling the pot from the fire and waving her hands around in defeat before she turns to the triplets.

“Ghosts can cook better than eam.” She mutters, a memory of the dead hanging over her head always “I’ll just wait for vyr papej to save eam, he did all those years ago.”

Josephine Vuiller had years left to live…yet she felt like she lived them all already.

Tick. Tock.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Spoiler

Josephine Vuiller is the most angst-filled character I have, unfortunately my time with her has been few and far between. I am hoping to bring her back which means more angst much to everyone's dismay. I haven't been able to interact with much of her family because they haven't been around, the children are aging up soon which means I have responsibilities. This isn't a PK post, a shelving post nor is it a complaint post, it's an appreciation post. I appreciate the damn good rp I've been handed. Thank you guys, I'll stop talking now.