TO SIT AMONGST BROTHERS

TO SIT AMONGST BROTHERS

fEWAdQ-S4HBS8u7QjlJm1EvIsmi_2bDetUodGBwPzUfddjawp8e3Amf-VO-UL1XXJKfbeaqRvLmyubVr7l5_X_LRwRPezpC624hwwTtPlnU5Z2I7t_KQhGirB8kMYx_dMcpw4Fsiif8BbYvoUw

WER RASTET, DER ROSTET

Issued and proclaimed by the Baron of Minitz

To my fellow Waldenians that sit upon the Waldenic Diet and above all to my kinswoman, Princess Johanna, the Lady Vandalore.

Until the time of my father, the sons of Reinmar have not strayed far from our ancestral lands that were bestowed upon us at the behest of Wilheim Barclay. Yet, with the emergence of Sutica and Savoy as polities, our lines have strayed forth from each other and have created a breed of Reinmaren who did not dwell in their Northern homelands. In my childhood, I have done much to attach myself to the fate of the Southern people in my father's County, Freimark. Yet after the Michaelite Schism, I could not turn my back on God, and thus have forsaken my birthright as the Baron of Freimark, and have conferred it upon my honourable brother, Karl Amadeus. Yet, for my latter years, this decision, although morally right troubled me so, for I have abandoned my father's legacy. 

So I took it back. 

As per my King, Frederick I's Royal Letters, I now hold the landed title of the Barony of Minitz a land held by and maintained for true-blooded Waldenians. My brother and father have both held an electorate seat prior, and the Lady Vandalore and I are kinsmen . My line further holds a series of marriages with the illustrious House of Alstreim, and thus, I see that my claim for an electorate is self-evident. Thus, I ask the Waldenic Diet to convene to discuss the possibility of rendering the Barony of Minitz an electorate in the Waldenic Diet, so we may collaborate in times of war and peace as kin and kith.

IN NAMEN GOTTES,

HIS LORDSHIP, Dietrich Barclay, Baron of Minitz, Warchief of Theoderic's Warband.

THE HONOURABLE Leon Barclay, Warchief of Theoderic's Warband, Heir to the Barony of Minitz.

“Well said, Dietrich, dear,” Odessa murmured to her husband from where she loomed over his shoulder, watching as he wrote the letter in his neat and eloquent hand.