The Chiefsmoot Letters

Crevel

Spoiler

[!] These letters would all be privately delivered to the respective Norlandic residences, only for the recipients to read. These letters would initially be among a few others, though those are likely to be delivered elsewhere in Almaris.

Dearest Edyth, @envy

I know that I have never been a great father for you and it is a regret that I carry with me everyday. Regardless, I am glad to see that you were able to be raised well whether be by your own smarts or with your mother’s input.. Though I do know she spent a long time tending to your brother, Týr. When I took the roles of Chamberlain and Chancellor to help re-establish our family where it truly belonged, I underestimated the tasks that would be required of me. On top of eventually being promoted to a Warden in the Royal Norlandic Ashguard, there was so much that it took away from trying to directly take care of my family.. to take care of you.

As you’ve surely noticed my absence, I want to let you know that I have been taking a break. The stresses of it all have taken its toll, but I am soon to come out of rest. When I come back, the family will be coming first as it always should have. I will no longer let work blind me and I will ensure that our family and our clan as a whole will benefit. We will come out stronger for it. 

The letter sent out by Alric was done with no consultation, and while I do not understand his intentions, I do not believe them to be for the good of our clan. It was because of his inability to control his own treasonous children as well as other self-admitted inadequacies that rendered him unable to be a good Chieftain. Thus why his youngest son, Edvard, was made a ward to myself, and why Alric abdicated from being our Chieftain in favour of me.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to return in time to Alisgrad for the Chiefsmoot. The travel to bring the rest of us back will be too long so you will have to carry our votes for us and bring it to the Chiefsmoot. Týr understands the situation and will be voting for myself, and I will also be voting for myself. I hope that you feel the same and vote for me though I would not blame you if you didn’t, regardless I request of you to pass on our votes. 

Einar

Spoiler

thbLQ0aMgv3piWyWK4XgDuv1G28XWhoWvPrkdb-bph8K926ebPNyF3R-3NcaXjRkMKSKcE8VzDM30R7Z7D2Vii60DRJEcKK5_4fnreSO7t_eeUWm7L5ReOUM-1kKemBlac-fPYtgt5qRGxgfycb5RV7LWQdt979CEH1j4Lhba9-XXCZmVxmvHDzM6Q

Alric, @Qaz_The_Great

Your lack of confidence in me is intriguing. Not once have you attempted to contact me about my absence, and not once have you attempted to consult me regarding Edvardsson matters. Yet you call a chiefsmoot with concern for Edvardsson in mind and then you write to me as if I have committed treason. For you to claim that I am in exile is also concerning as to your lack of knowledge as I’ve done nothing wrong that would warrant an exile and I still remain within the Kingdom’s borders.

Like many in our lines of work, we work hard and our effort is shown in our deeds. I have worked too hard in our King’s Council and that effort is apparent from my former and current positions as Chancellor, Chamberlain, and Warden of the Royal Norlandic Ashguard. For my hard work, I think a break is deserved with the serving of two kings - the most recent of which I voted for in our most recent Kingsmoot. 

On my return, however, I do plan on turning over a new leaf.. to focus solely on family as I should have done from the beginning. Many plans once considered or sampled will come to fruition. All you had to do was give me some time.. and now you must give me your vote with this Chiefsmoot you have caused. If you truly have the clan at heart, I am sure you will vote correctly.

Einar

Casimira, @AstriaS

I know that we never had a chance to properly have a conversation together. For that I am regretful. However, I hope that you feel as obliged to assist me as I have been obliged to assist you in the past. I understand that you may feel spiteful that I had not voted for you in our last Kingsmoot, but you must remember that I directly told King Odin to replace me as Chancellor which you declined. Despite this, I would still value your input and I value your support.

On my return to Alisgrad, I hope to focus more on the clan and I wish to have you involved in some projects if you would allow me to let you in on them. Unfortunately, Alric has been troublesome with his call to a Chiefsmoot.. which only further delays any progression of our clan by sparking a match that would attract his own treasonous sons like moths to a flame. It is important that we take care of our own, thus I deeply urge you to vote for me in the oncoming Chiefsmoot. I wish you well.

Einar

1 hour ago, Crevel said:

Alric,

Your lack of confidence in me is intriguing. Not once have you attempted to contact me about my absence, and not once have you attempted to consult me regarding Edvardsson matters. Yet you call a chiefsmoot with concern for Edvardsson in mind and then you write to me as if I have committed treason. For you to claim that I am in exile is also concerning as to your lack of knowledge as I’ve done nothing wrong that would warrant an exile and I still remain within the Kingdom’s borders.

Like many in our lines of work, we work hard and our effort is shown in our deeds. I have worked too hard in our King’s Council and that effort is apparent from my former and current positions as Chancellor, Chamberlain, and Warden of the Royal Norlandic Ashguard. For my hard work, I think a break is deserved with the serving of two kings - the most recent of which I voted for in our most recent Kingsmoot. 

On my return, however, I do plan on turning over a new leaf.. to focus solely on family as I should have done from the beginning. Many plans once considered or sampled will come to fruition. All you had to do was give me some time.. and now you must give me your vote with this Chiefsmoot you have caused. If you truly have the clan at heart, I am sure you will vote correctly.

Einar

[!] A response is penned to Einar, arriving on the leg of a Puffin.

Einar,

I do not lack confidence in you,  you simply have failed to be present in recent years. Even though it is my intent to focus on the Father and Faith, I have taken up your duties as Chamberlain and your duties as Chieftain, acting as both in all but name. Whilst I am glad you do intend on returning I believe you misunderstand my use of exile, I speak in the terms of it being self-imposed; much like the exiles I put myself under when I grew weary and tired. I am very glad you intend to focus once again on the clan itself upon your return, that was what I asked you focused on when I relinquished it to you, producing a family that may reclaim our lost glory. When you return I urge you to call a Chiefsmoot, until then it is my duty to ensure our clan has guidance, presence, and a chieftain -- even if temporary. May your return be swift.

Father guide you,

Alric

4 hours ago, Crevel said:

Casimira

Casimira wrote and then promptly discarded several drafts of a letter, each more bitterly worded than the last, and they began to slowly pile up in a corner as she threw their crumpled forms at the wall in frustration. Finally, however, the woman settled on the following:

"To Einar,

Firstly, allow me to state in no uncertain terms that I do not particularly care what you intend to do – in fact, I wish you good fortune in all of your endeavors, provided they are nowhere in proximity to me. However, I will offer you a gentle reminder that politics is a meaningless, wasteful distraction. In this world of ours, and in Norland especially, it seems increasingly the case that those more suited to a position and more dedicated to it are consistently cast aside in favor of those who can scheme the best – for example, by insisting that a vote be cast in absentia by a girl barely out of her teen years, but I digress. Secondly, no I am not bitter, and I have actually never been less bitter in my entire life. I will thank you in advance to never interrupt my vacation again.

Regards,

Casimira"