THE BROTHERHOOD OF SAINT KARL

THE BROTHERHOOD OF SAINT KARL

“I would have perished had I not persisted”

Zf4t7GaAacHghnfOXT8ARMfMbA4ev0xxpl1dZo76e-UiTScgWurtO9YU01z3TncENZIEnWrXbWBTABXK0vydJ4G2fYaVYzrqxVorp5C1jM8wStcYby4x_c2rMEG34lMhCIqNnpfTjuHOkxc4EKx_ahw-H_wtsigk8NxUObQa4t-kJDc3I7ol4Lzmqhh5

THE BROTHERHOOD OF SAINT KARL is the fist of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska. Protecting Her borders and people, and serving as the King's primary fighting force executing His will and acting his best interest. 

THE OFFICER CORE

THE LORD MARSHAL

Salutation of The Lord Marshal - Lord Marshal, or Sir.

The Lord Marshal is the penultimate authority of the military, chief general of His Majesty’s armed forces, and in the logics of the central Brotherhood, is de facto first-in-command of all military affairs. The Lord Marshal also serves on His Majesty’s Aulic Council, being held privy to the inner machinations of the Realm.

THE CAPTAIN

Salutation of a Captain - Captain [Name], or Sir.

The Captain often holds considerable sway within His Majesty’s forces, oftentimes dictating the state of morale within the ranks. Stationed within the central command of the Brotherhood they are tasked with the directing, arming, maintenance, and training of His Majesty’s forces. The purpose of Captain is to serve as a Marshal’s right hand man.

y5rLXn_scd1ONpG1wUgw60zMGNO4sc-EPbdfWFuSCEYHKLwhuAFrlvxkpOJ-tp2zhAyDSuF9GEX2atTdes45EMTVDtXYfcyBODz1D45HtX1kovoCg47rTueTam60InH629getMa9kerL9NZcsM0pqgAh7kkzTD5913iOWI4RPjlzCK1XgMjCt6jG83bYDw

THE LIEUTENANTS

Salutation of a Lieutenant - Lieutenant [Name], or Sir.

Lieutenants of the Brotherhood are those who maintain the traits or values of duty, diligence, competency and a passion to serve. They oversee and administer subordinates beneath their own     rank, where in the hierarchy they typically are directing, or leading two to three sergeants of their own. This is the first officer role of the BSK, and is considered to be of esteemed value.

RwKOdvMw2nM6D5kyVYn8TMVKy1RMHuI8EUq877ksypssK335jt4Nk5euSPDlkWDeiq-svvBaIUW1yQc8CWEXqcmO781CiYGgQRHfPbhgc9eI0TKgmvb0cHDnhVyAmrxGLYngDzEoSgk7VYYb_aK1zaXH4HbmQx0egSf-liCTZASXyz9A_uvc3tcVdH2nWQ

THE SERGEANTS

Salutation of a Sergeant - Sergeant [Name], or Sir.

The Sergeant is the newest of the enlisted officer core and the most is expected of them. As a veteran of various battles and wars, they are no stranger to combat, and have earned the respect that comes with the rank. They are armed with the finest equipment, and are expected to take active leadership roles in the Brotherhood through training, patrols, and upkeep of the men.

Fv2T16W5tQkbRfJiZH8Npjavk_eA57_fHtC-3xBHFgRjLJ1X_SDkpMYGutkp8QSdbNe7x6a4IbVPm_vuVOALGrGPXMyZVZSTAN6MLQnBCuIvu-kJR1NTq5xqAWxUBJH35oT5aTVLGmtxUvzpC8aWSyFSLXYlhnlb4ZT4IjXfjR3188CK2TNW2_COz8YCZw

THE ARMY CORE

THE ARMIGERS

Salutation of an Armiger - Brother, or [Name].

An Armiger is the veteran of the Army core, who neither seek further promotions, or are incapable of receiving such. They typically operate in conjunction with Sergeants, but bow to their authority in operations. Armigers are expected to lead from the front and be utmost committed to their role, they act as models to less experienced brothers and lead by example.

Y30li1X4HrZd2JNZewkodOC06s-xD7KNCkFzCt2zKPKiy3blt7AiaOfIueqY-mlwZl5eD5awFHkY1uk2GY6ZUN6df_BLT8QyllQ3KvI3QUYem12c_toxmCt9xASx19CKBf2Yd8IXEH7HnKai5GFZ_mxOA7Llztr1z4Bl0GlhCUnV4bu8GTdYptkXF8CPiw

THE ARMSMEN

Salutation of an Armsman - Brother, or [Name].

Armsman are the tried and tested soldiers of the Army. Each Armsman has proven his mettle in battle, his steel sharp and his heart true. Comprising a good quarter of the Brotherhood’s forces, it is from the vetted Armsmen that the leaders of tomorrow are selected, and the new steel of the North is tempered.

feqnL2OAM240zFKEj-rTYgBv01nvNVYZUvPD2oWXmhivNYJwvb5u_HF41YUuX4wqWCQ-YALL7_GLHtxpunqQBQqa_srAKuGBa8587vdPDjU8b98Q223sL7uVKUiyKaXUtbC028PsIRFz9xWu3Kq0ku9EXvs0VX7HH8rC3zFSN_feUWJPOtlD-So76kDCLw

THE FOOTMEN

Salutation of an Oathedman - Brother or [Name].  

An Oathedman consists of the bulk of the Brotherhood; men who have passed their Initiate trials and have been deemed worthy by the Hauchmarskyal of being accepted as a fully fledged soldier of the Brotherhood.

0Og97oP0UsiWjh0dLzYbDXaIAhr3SP8C9QY-YqqzmB44qhGKvvCGt5bfVzJxUjI9SwS25g6yuUWY--rnV0Xpv2CWny_LhbUmPdK174DRmgDMu5UYpj4HpSqb168RlnqnvN8C-b23EpqQbkgIWWySi9X7uvDTyj-4E8vMF0tlIlyMBeU-nuFVwEFCka37Xw

INITIATION

INITIATES

Salutation of an Initiate - [Name].

An Initiate is a recently volunteered or conscripted soldier, untested in battle and untrained in the art of combat. These recruits are not considered soldiers yet, and will have to undergo a series of tests and trials before they can be promoted to the rank of Oathedman.

kT8mAV_UByenkdD2FjJASwlImIlAX-eAICMHNuXexloUhkYXerWWYUiDLnMyfwr74k7KFkYBShs10Lnnl5tYjBcYgJEtkZRPmt5ChGoioPQMRcM7OHpwJRswGkq0nO2LbXsY0aJ-PjDpcNN14i3bN7aGsK04gZOb8tJKxi1Vv54uWF_Si6Lino87BT9pwA

After an Initiate has completed their tasks of Introduction to Haense and Basic Procedure Training they may move onto their final task of completing the Oath Hunt, where they shall earn the privilege to speak the Oath alongside their brothers and become a formal member of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl.

After all of their hard and laborious training, the oathing of a brother in arms might prove to be a special moment to them. This is a moment from where one goes from an initiate to a brother or sister in arms - inducted into the overarching family of the military. Some find comfort, while others find prestige and esteem. Hereby follows the oath:

“To my left I see my fellow brothers, to the right I see the same.

For all in the world, we fight for the peace of this land.

Through God, he gave us stewardship of the realm.

Through stewardship, we gained the knowledge of diligence and prudence.

Through diligence, we may conquer all without fault.

And if I should falter in my course, send me never to the skies above.

If I should succeed, bestow unto me His blessings, forevermore.

For, now I march into a valley through which there is no path.

And the stones cascade behind me, to seal my retreat.

Though in this valley, I find my Brothers;

Now I am named Guardian of My Homeland.

Should I falter, my shield shall turn to ash;

But I shall not falter.”

RESOURCES

Etiquette within the military

[LINK]

History of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl

[LINK]