The Final Eye Closes [PK]

hemomancy

A rogue squire trudges amongst snowy trees. Alone; she was solitary. A loaded crossbow resting in her gloved hands. It was a normal trip, out hunting as a form of stress relief.

In the air, the sound of a branch snapping rang out.

Meredith turns, pointing the bow towards that noise - Nothing. Nothing there except empty space.

Continuing on, the only sound was the crunching of frozen snow, and icy winds that seemed to blow only into her ears.

Now, a flurry of flakes began to fall around her. 

An arrow whizzed past her head.

She ducked, stumbling over her own two feet.

Flattening herself down, eye widened as she crawled through the snow.

Her crown of hair undone, and her pace decreasing.

Upon reaching a tree, the Barclay stood up behind it. Looking past the bark, her brows furrowed seeing not a soul amongst the area.

Another arrow fired.

She stood there.

The crossbow in her arms dropped as a hand reached to her chest; feeling the wet tip the arrow piercing her chest.

The woman slumped forwards with not a second to comprehend, knees buckling as she fell.

Meredith Barclay was dead.

The corpse was dragged to the gates of Haense, a note pinned to her garbs.

“I’ve stayed my hand in the West and the East. Now I come for your North.

You will know the Broken.”

Spoiler

Lol rip bozo. jk I liked her but couldn't quite figure out what to do with her with my schedule.

"It has been som' time since I've seen Meredith aroun'... We need ta get tha' girl started on her trials." The Dame mused, Giovanna finally seeing the end to the near chaos of the Norland incident and the transfer of power being completed. 
The girl would come around on her own, surely. 
. . . Surely. 

After dropping off their body and the note he would take a stroll back into the cold white wilderness

"I wonder if this city will actually take my threat seriously unlike the last two" 

For now around every corner, every rooftop of the city, and every moment you feel yourself alone

He watches...

Conrad did not feel fear nor anything of the sort with the second murder of someone close to him happened so soon after the last time. This senseless murder didn't make him feel like there was any real threat, anyone could commit a murder outside of the walls, a common bandit was in that sense more of a threat. From his daughter's death all Conrad felt was anger, anger on top of the other he'd lost so recently.

Elsewhere, a wretched thing stared by the spires and peaks of the Knight's Keep through a window, perhaps with a demented sharp-toothed grin - toying with a piece of bloody ragged cloth betwixt blackened claws and playing with frayed seams.

"Hurts, doesn't it? I cannot wait for you experience more of it - then you finally may speak of knowing how I feel."

Wandering around Karosgrad was a young man.

Meredith's very own twin, at that, standing slumped and pale, with fresh scars bracing against the Northern wind. Mourning the witnessed torture and death of his aunt not even a whole saint's day before, did the young man's mind only further fall from grace with the news that his twin sister's corpse had been discovered.

"You were the most important person in the world to me.
I've never said it before, but it's true, and I want you to know it.

You were myself, and yet not myself, a very special kind of double. My very own sister."

There were many words he'd never been able to tell his sibling, as she was scarcely seen, always adventuring, wandering places he could never convince himself to go. Never able to motivate himself to follow her footsteps, her courage, her daring acts.

And he paid the price for his cowardice. He would never get the chance, never again.