The Trial of Rhun

c4MiDnBwhVNMyGpzbqxE8j_8ZcqNCFQIX73b-Kd_2ubdQVVWuw3OiwBix3SxPYLR_44YisyUiiO051O8vS1ZLsY-pMgN-3SuhIBSk2-DOvcyuneihsXtCI_mvW3ivrHqjamLSmaqiQ12feG7JiVB1K0
________________________________________________________________________________

ᚢᚱᚷᚢᚨᚾ ᚡᛋ ᚱᚺᚢᚾ

The Trial of Rhun

ᛏᚺᛖ ᛏᚱᛁᚨᛚ ᛟᚠ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚱᚺᚢᚾ

________________________________________________________________________________

It appears that many within the Kingdom may not have liked all that transpired in the courtroom during the trial of Ursus Grandaxe. Yet it was within my duty as your Grand King, with the oath I swore, to not only defend and protect our Kingdom but to ensure our laws are upheld. Despite this, I must admit there could’ve been a better way for this to be done yet that is all said and done. As for now, we must look at what is before us, and look towards when and what will take place for The Trial of Rhun.

After a few stone days after the arrests, it appeared to me that we must ensure that the Urguani system for fair trials continues within this Grand Kingdom. So as the King I hereby declare that I myself will oversee this trial. Not only this, I call upon the honorable Dagmir Grandaxe to be named as acting Magistrate with another soon to be announced, so that they may be able to assist me in this upcoming trial and to ensure its fairness. 

H5Sy6ZayjuF6Gz7sPcLWmntnnklfsTEM2y6MGI37qje4yNfN1bm25AqMiKF_Kr4RbhyALzZzfoMx0y_39Ue4jXraQXvRDiIs9cZELzEF0ZB-msdVPcDplQN1p8NWAdkRZ7MJ3-iSLeH8BKRp99ledlU

Original Charges:

I. Violation of Articles 1.1, 1.2.

Review: The accusation of breaking these articles may very well be true, yet it doesn’t appear that the High Courts have the right to voice jurisdiction on that case as it is spiritual, not temporal.

II. Treason

Review: The original charge states for the attempted assassinations of Bakir & Dravil Ireheart. Yet treason is meant for attempted assassinations of a King or someone of high authority. Dravil being neither, put this under question for attempted murder or assault. To which also begs another question of whether or not this ties into the trial known as the ‘Trial of Bakir & Sons”, and if so the charge will likely be highly questioned.

III. Vandalism & Disrespect of Holy Relics

Review: While it seems a pouring of tanglefoot potion was said, it is unknown if this truly happened or who was to do it. That being said, it’ll be put into question at trial for investigation.

IV. Impersonation of a Public Official & Vigilantism & Kidnapping

Review: States that the Rhun acted in authority in the arrest of Ursus Grandaxe. Yet Thromdrick, the Justicar, had the right to imprison and act as a high public official in Urguan. It is stated to be illegal within the charge, which is untrue.

V. Insubordination

Review: The charge of this states about the High Prophet being called heretic and kinslayer, despite being proven in the High Courts under the jurisdiction of former Justicar, Briga Irongut. So this charge will instead be moved to slander as this charge has nothing to do with insubordination.

VI. Conspiracy 

Review: Nothing to be reviewed besides being up for pure investigation during the trial. And will be declared as, Conspiracy of Sedition.

VII. Tax Evasion 

Review: Unknown, will need testimonies and further investigations.

Charges after extensive review:

I. Treason

II. Attempted Murder or Assault on Dravil Ireheart

III. Vandalism 

IV. Disrespect of Holy Relics 

V. Slander

VI.  Conspiracy of Sedition

VII. Tax Evasion

H5Sy6ZayjuF6Gz7sPcLWmntnnklfsTEM2y6MGI37qje4yNfN1bm25AqMiKF_Kr4RbhyALzZzfoMx0y_39Ue4jXraQXvRDiIs9cZELzEF0ZB-msdVPcDplQN1p8NWAdkRZ7MJ3-iSLeH8BKRp99ledlU

Signed,

Agnar Grandaxe, Grand King of Urguan, Clan Father of Grandaxe,

Defender of Kal’Ordholm, Protector of the Dwarves

OOC of Trial Date & Time:

Spoiler

Wednesday @ 3:30 PM EST