Beholder's Optimization Modpack

Beholder

So during the wait for the map to transition to 1.18.2 I spent a lot of time looking through mods. A good deal of the mods I installed are for optimization, since I use a middle-of-the-road laptop to play. So after giving the mod list I use to other people and getting positive reactions, I thought it might be helpful to share it.

A few things to note:

• All of these mods are client-side.
  • This modpack uses Forge and is a collection of 24 separate mods, including dependencies.
  • The version of Minecraft is 1.18.2, version 40.2.1 of Forge, downloadable here.
  • The modpack is NOT compatible with Optifine and replaces it with Rubidium, a port of a Fabric mod called Sodium. You can still run shaders (with the help of another mod), but some features like custom mob entities do not work.

Here are the mods included:

Also, if it helps, here are my JVM Arguments for the minecraft launcher that I use:

-Xmx4G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

You can download all the mods at once here:

BeholderModpack.zip

One last thing...

Spoiler

These mods are not for optimization, but I highly recommend downloading them for the sheer utility they offer.

Ghostwriter

• Allows you to download and more easily edit written books in Minecraft.

Textbook

• Allows you to import text into written books via clipboard or txt file. Compatible with Ghostwriter.

has the curseforge virus thing been fixed yet btw?

9 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

has the curseforge virus thing been fixed yet btw?

First I've heard that there was a curseforge virus. But if you're worried about that, you can avoid curseforge with the .zip I linked.

17 minutes ago, Beholder said:

First I've heard that there was a curseforge virus. But if you're worried about that, you can avoid curseforge with the .zip I linked.

18 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Dang, news to me, but thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and used the malware detection tool and it looks like I'm clear, so the files I linked are clear as well. Thanks again!