Aldrych's Letters

Wretched Aidan

Spoiler

Spoiler

All of the Letters are distributed to their respective recipients! All information in them is only known to the recipient!

PGK

My dear mother,

You were the very person who shaped and formed me into the very man I grew to be. When I first met you mother, I was but a small boy lacking a mother to cling to and having no bed to call his own. You gave me those things, in fact you gave me much more, despite your persistent doubts that always claimed otherwise, you gave me the world mom.

I, in my later years, could only feel utter grief, and perhaps even anger when hearing your name, and seeing your flower. You were right, you weren't a perfect person, perhaps I would be so bold to say that you were far from it, but mother, I forgive you for all that you have done to me, father, and the rest of our family. 

I from the very day of receiving your ring, to the very day of writing this letter, have bore your ring with me. Just as it meant uttermost to you, so has it meant uttermost to me.

I did what I did best, mother. 

Oh, and remember history tends to repeat itself.

Love,

Aldrych

Arthur Komnenos

To my father,

It pains me to add another son to the list of the lost, but I suppose that is how life goes Father.

I, ever since my youth to this very day, have been in utter adoration of you, of your resilience through all of the suffering endured through your very long life. Observing such resilience in your life, had pushed me time and time again through some of the toughest times, and dimmest of hours.

Though father, I do regret this, I regret the negligence of our relationship and I regret not making a final visit.

Thank you for all you have done,

Love,

Aldrych

Laurelai Holly

To my beloved niece,

Oh Laurelai, where am I to begin? I have so much I would like to write to you in this letter, though for the sake of time itself, I will keep it short.

Laurelai, ever since I had first met you in the thicket in Balian all those years ago, you have been like a ray of constant flowing sunshine. As I said before, I am immensely proud of you and all the work you have done as a medic, as a mother, as a sibling and everything else kiddo.

I know I revealed to you my plans, though after our final discussion, I have had a change of heart Laurelai. I hope you will grow to forgive me for not sticking around long enough to meet your kiddo’s, and I hope also that you will forgive me for not having you here for my grand goodbye. And figure things out with your brother won't you?

Keep up the hard word Laurelai, I know you will

Love,

Uncle Aldrych

Timothy Komnenos

Timmy,

I am forever sorry for the harshness I treated you with when you approached me in that dreaded cave. I, as your Uncle should have never treated you in such a way, even considering the circumstance. I’m sorry I didn't stick around long enough to see your dispute with Laurelai settled. Though even in my absence, be strong and do what you know you must.

Know that I love and care for you kiddo.

Love, 

Uncle Aldrych

Jarad Munnel

Dear Jarad,

I am forever grateful for what you have done for me throughout my life. I thank you for taking me in all those years ago in my hours of uttermost need, and all that you have done for me since then. You have been to me like a Father, going to the point of adopting me into your own lineage. For such I am forever grateful. I am ever proud of you for all the work, sweat, and tears you have put into Helious, to ensure that people may have somewhere to rest their burdens. 

I hope I upheld my oath well.

Remember to rest, and farewell

Love, 

Aldrych

Ember Munnel

Dear Sister,

I am sorry to put you through such a pain, of losing one of your few human siblings. Though, I have chosen to be selfish, a thing I tried to be abstinent from, but, I cannot abstain from it any longer. I’m sorry our plans did not come to frutition.

Continue doing what you do best,

Love,  

Your Brother

Hera Munnel

Hera,

Ever since The Empire, you have been a faithful and wonderful friend. You had done for me a great lot, you gave me a shoulder to lean upon during the darkest hours, and a friend to rely on in times of trouble. You had saved my life an immeasurable amount of times, and for that, your friendship, and everything else I’m forever grateful. Though I’m sorry that you couldn't save me this final time.

Keep an eye on Jared will you? Don’t let him overwork himself as is his tendency. 

Oh and, remember those matching set of blades we had? Quite the memorable set, well, it would be a shame if mine went without use, so as you gave it to me all those years ago, I suppose it’s time I have it returned to you. 

Continue doing what you do best Hera, and keep your head up high

Love,

Aldrych

Agatha Hope

Agatha,

Don’t fret, all will be okay, wounds will heal, and the melodies of the birds will return again. 

I am proud of the Lady that you have become my little sister, know that. I am utterly sorry that I can no longer burden you with the loud melody of my piano, but be hopeful, the melody may be gone for now, but you will hear it again, I promise.

Keep up the hard work Agatha, you have tons of potential

Love,

Eric

James Vursur

James,

The purest of names.

Oh Friend, you were right, I should never have wished to take upon myself a curse and deem it a blessing. Thank you, for not allowing me to continue on in my daft ignorance, and for being a Friend. I feared the taste of death, I feared that I would become just another page in the history books, I didn’t wish to be forgotten. 

Though, I fear not any longer. I am content with the life I have now lived, and I now await to play that wonderful tune a final time and rest at last.

Remember the story of the boy who gifted me that chest plate in that distant hamlet? I wish for that to go to you James, use it to inspire others, as it inspired me.

Oh, and I hope you have enjoyed those Henry Penton books, keep them in fine shape! That is a name you must make sure isn’t lost to the waves of time. 

With Grand Rejoicing,

Aldrych Gendik

Theo Starling & Vakas Jusmia

Battle Brothers! 

Oh how great an honor it was to fight alongside the both of you defending what we loved and cared for! I hoped to fight alongside you both a final time, though it seems that life has had something else in mind.

Keep fighting,

Aldrych

Mirabeth

Mirabeth,

I hope you will one day have such a grand mass of helms and hats that not even a dozen palaces could hold them all. You got what it takes, kid. I’m sorry I couldn’t uphold my end of the promise.

Al

Leutwin Barclay

Kid,

I forgive you, don't you fret,

In your words,

Sweet Old Man Aldrych

Ember breaks down once more the loss of her husband and brother in the same year, sounds of crashing and breaking within the palace. Screams of agony and pain echoed as an Elfess was fueled with hot blood rage.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

As Hera's tears dripped unto the paper.

She held the letter delicately in her hands, as if to crinkle it would be a sin. Quietly, she sobbed over her old friend's death. . . No, more than that. Aldrych. Her first friend, she remembered their meeting perfectly. 

"Hey. Do you know how to use that?" A young girl with crystaline eyes called out to a raven haired young boy- a sword at his hip. "Wha- Yeah! Kind of! My dad's been teaching me!" The girl's eyes widened. "Can you teach me?! Please?" The boy didn't hesitate. Didn't judge the girl for wanting to fight. And he was never bitter, when she quickly suprassed him in skill- At least, if he was, he never acted on such a feeling. 

Merely a year or so later, they were sitting outside the Orenian Emperor's palace- hidden in the grass beneath one of the giant stained glass windows. Clutching her closest friend's hands tightly as they heard the swing of the executioners axe. The day they knew, everything would change.

Aldrych, whose family went with the Royalists- And Hera, who went to Balian with hers.

And yet- they never stopped seeing one another. They sent letters, he visited her in the hot deserts. They sparred, he usually lost... There was a time she thought she loved him. But that was before she realized romance would never enter her life. And even then, he was not bitter. Even then, they remained closest of friends.

And when his brother tried to kill him, she'd come up with his new name. Erik. His hair dyed orange, and he lived with her family in Balian. Those were happy days, for the most part. Before it all started to go awry. 

"I'm sorry Aldrych." She says softly. "I should have been there for you... I'll light you a candle. One that will never go out."

And that she did. A candle, alongside her flamed garden of fallen friends.

"I hope I'll see you one day. Rest well, old friend."

As the Jusmia read this, He would feel something he never thought he feel for a Vallah before... Mourning. He remembers the young Aldrych when he first met the man. He himself didn't know it at the time but He was the only Human that Vakas actually fully trusted. His face would turn into an expression of depression. As he would look down upon the letter. A single drop would fall onto it. His eye would widened as he would just wipe it. He would then sigh as he goes look for his son. A few sniffles could be heard as he places on his helmet and takes his leave along with the letter.

"Eric...." 

Agatha couldn't believe in her eyes as she reads the letter that her brother left her. The old lady couldn't help but burst into tears in her house. Why could the world be so cruel to her? 

Agatha reminds when she was younger. She could remember Eric sweet smile as he offered a lollipop to her.  Eric sitting next to her on the bench. They used to chat for years but now, she couldn't. Not anymore....

How her house felt lonely that day. No sounds of music. No sounds of anything but loud sobs.

Agatha missed her brother that day. She missed him more than ever. 

The letter came to James Vursur accompanied with a creeping sense of dread. He ordered himself red wine and opened the letter in Chambry's bright town square overlooking the Petra. To the sound of that river's inexorable flow, he read the letter to confirm his suspicions, and worse. Had he told his friend not to avoid death? He sipped his wine as he tried to recall their last conversation. No, he had not given advice one way or another, only given him a different angle from which to look at the problem, a disadvantage to one side he might not have considered. It was only right that he should make as informed a decision as possible. James could not say that Aldyrch had made the wrong choice.

James poured out his glass. Another flower from his garden was missing.