The Haelun'or Gazette - Vol. IV

HPYMeDuvLxSC_dsRIMtj1qKCdhOEqjtsNIc4PidWdGO3-Kvs0rPoke3ykNawQEcpt61uEjObBPIa6TsHI0NrG6jD7pOGyXWfejFYB_f17QJzlqxqLK94FjlMJ6CMLcYo3yhMlGw2JA3DjRSOilhbk3Y

The Haelun’or Gazette

Published the 11th of The Grand Harvest, Y. 144, SA.

Vol. IV

SAOtI7WAjf2Wxc4d9eI0jLF3VMDEDlIPZEBnGevoA9N1lMdYjwbr_PCpyeE4gQ2vWTB-qT3Mlo0TzeiOY4wsaSbnIghEBp1DF6aW_WVP3-BS2oR5W3IvBelH5uGbHKNnJIPkAo0EXncu5MXRFBow-o0

Important News and Events - Haelun’ors Local and Global news column

Malithor Nullivari, with his ongoing absence, has been released from his duties as Okarir’sil and replaced by Alexander Nightingale; an individual we do see as quite deserving of his new role within the Silver Cities Council. Similarly, Malaurir Seth Calith has passed on his role of Maheral to Arasdir Miravaris, marking what will hopefully be new changes for Haelun’or in the coming years during the tenures of the new Maheral and Okarir’sil.

Perhaps old news now, our neighbors, the Elves of Amathine, have recently been facing a plague amongst their lands. There was quick work to remedy the sickness between their people, yet we can only question what caused this. Some are inclined to believe it is due to nature's grime, but what if it were an attack on the wellbeing of the people? 

The Sillurmian have been diligently doing their duty with their change in leadership, actively going out and fighting beasts of various sorts to ensure Haelun’ors people stay safe. We at the Gazette would like to extend our gratitude and praise to these brave knights of our land, as they protect us in Larihei’s name!

Whispers in the Wind - Haelun’ors gossip column

The beloved Malithor Nullivari has seemingly vanished from ElChihi! Perhaps he’s ran off to marry an unknown lover in the midst of supposedly courting Celestia, or rather, went off with Celestia herself for a private union at last?

It was witnessed that the alleged Elibar’acal, Alfer, was attempting to tell the Sillurmian how to do their jobs after they seemingly angered her, causing what simply might be referred to as trouble; a pastime of hers, apparently.

Tyraeal Vaelreos appears to be having quite the uncomfortable time with his shoes, where they do appear quite dirty and unkept, resulting in him failing to hide the fact he always appears quite itchy at the heels… Is he perhaps running around quite often to frequent the maidens of our nation?

Speaking of courtship, it has been witnessed by many that Cresence Tunuviel’vihai and Theveus Sythaerin have been rather close as of late. Many have seen and attested to them staying up through the waning hours of the night upon rooftops, scarcely leaving enough room for Larihei between them! Could they possibly announce a courtship soon, or will they bring disgrace to each talonnii through an arrant affair? One would also question if the match would be such a good idea, as Theveus has been witnessed to be blatantly disrespectful to one of Cresence’s closest llir right before the Okarir’sil!

An Interview with Alexander Nightingale

Tell us about yourself. 
I may be known as Okarir’sil, the protection of Haelun’or and its people are of my first priority. However on a personal level I view myself as a scholar. Most of my spare time is spent towards my thesis for the Eternal College, a work that’s been 20 years in the making and will most likely take me much longer to fully complete. 

Aside from that, I like simple things. A conversation or debate over drink with llir and strangers, music, walks, a well placed bad joke, an interesting class, festivals, sailing, fishing… birds. 

What are your inspirations with your work? 
If this is an inquiry regarding my written work I have two inspirations. First, is Elsillumiran, whom I write to help them succeed in their duties with works like “The Art of Diplomacy, Continuum of Force and Interrogation Tactics” and second are the individuals I meet during my travels. It is rare I write a song, or poem based on an experience of my own. I listen, watch, and question others then attempt to put myself in their shoes. I feel doing this opens my mind to the nature of others which I find useful in my day to day travels and work, be it positive or negative. 

If this is an inquiry about my work as a Sillumir, my inspiration has always been Malithor Nullivari and Valazaer Calith, who helped educate and guide me to where I stand today. Seeing what they did on the field, in crisis, where most thill would crumble. Their organization and commanding natures saved the elves and elfess’ under our command during those harsh times, the fall of Almaris. I have nothing but respect for the dedication that they have presented to the state and I wish to make them both proud, by bringing Elsillumir to their greatest potential for the sake of elcihi and it’s scholars safety and progress.

What are some things you would want to change, given the chance? 
I came to Haelun’or in my mid 20’s mainly, looking for my Talonnii, but I also arrived because it was the safest place to be during the fall of Almaris. As a vehement traveler myself, I wish first and foremost for our citizens to not only be safe within our walls, but outside of our walls so they may see the world should they choose without fear. The realm of Aevos is dangerous, attacks happen daily to unwary travelers. I wish to change that and make it safer for everyone so true progression can happen. Thill need to be able to experience new things, to be able to leave for their studies and then return with their findings unharmed. 

Do you have any close friends, and who might they be? 
I do have close friends, however my duties keep me occupied enough that I feel I have drifted from them. There is nothing more entertaining than debating with the confidence and ego that is Carallia Maeyr'onn. Indulging in conversation with the intimidating, pure intelligence and ambition that is Yera Silveira. ‘Interrogating’ unsuspecting travelers and citizens with Liamme Elbar. Potato eating and ‘who can find the best sleeping spot to not be disturbed’ contests with Valindra Nullivari. And, despite them being of a lesser race, Naith Mettalyth and Masayoshi Makoto. They have long since proved to me that they have my back, have helped me in intensive times of trouble and hold a lack of bloodlust, accompanied with a kindness and dedication to their respective fields of study above that of their kind. 

… And I suppose my brother Skeral. 

Even as a proven, pure citizen of Haelun’or through your deeds, why do you still keep your Valah name? 

I was never proven pure, my word was simply trusted by those who inquired which in the end baffles me. Alas, I have the proper documentation ready to make public to prove the purity of the Tinuviel Talonnii line and have been waiting until the formatting of such is finalized to submit it to the Bloodline Archive to re-take it officially. 

I was named ‘Alexander’ for the single reason of: the Valah whom raised me could not pronounce my elven one. I was young enough that I had forgotten what my true name was. Regretfully my mal’onn had not known the answer to this either as he had left to explore the world before I was born, and then I was unfortunately separated from my parents during a shipwreck. 

It has taken time and research to reconnect with my parents. Only recently I have discovered what I was initially named, Athri’annyer, and have full intention of bearing it once again.

And now, onto the Gazette’s public questionnaire: Who is…

The votes are in, and once again the most fashionable ‘aheral has ended with no clear winner! The top votes were Elarhil Sullas, Celestia, Valindra, and Yera Silveira.

For the second poll, it comes to little surprise that Valazaer Calith was voted most likely to be chased by a mob.

And finally, Elarhil Sullas was named the most likely to own a concerning number of cats, strangely enough. Now without further ado, onto this editions polls!

Who is… most likely to be intoxicated in public?

Who is… most likely to stalk a love interest?

Who is… most likely to be the source of the Gazette gossip?

A note of importance.

We of the Haelun’or Gazette mean no malicious intent in our writings. The Silver State lacks laws on such a topic; that which we do implore you to amend, and we simply are attempting to help progress our Blessed people as well as entertain and inform. It should be noted that anything we say, pertaining specifically to the gossip column, is hearsay and should not be taken seriously unless specified.

Alas, to comply under law the Haelun’or Gazette, our written thought, shall now be printed into thin book form henceforth so copies of the Gazette may be protected under Chapter I, Article 5. We may be privately contacted should issues arise.

ARTICLE 5. The Blessed Residents of The Silver State of Haelun’or will not tolerate the disgraceful and irrational destruction of written thought.

Knowledge and written thought is completely imperative for progression and preservation of our people; a custom rooted in maehr’sae hiylun’ehya. The destruction of tomes of any value within the great library is to be treated as a crime akin to both violence, and theft.

SAOtI7WAjf2Wxc4d9eI0jLF3VMDEDlIPZEBnGevoA9N1lMdYjwbr_PCpyeE4gQ2vWTB-qT3Mlo0TzeiOY4wsaSbnIghEBp1DF6aW_WVP3-BS2oR5W3IvBelH5uGbHKNnJIPkAo0EXncu5MXRFBow-o0

This edition of the Haelun’or Gazette was graciously written by:

- Astarius Terival
- Carlach Maveris

Would you like to see your own entry in the Gazette?

Send a letter into the Gazette Dropbox.

Edited by The_Haelunor_Gazette

very fashionable 'thill flipped her hair stylishly after being branded as one of the most stylish members of Haelun'orian society. Adjusting her dark tricorn and rolling up the sleeves of her tailcoat, she ambled off to make mischief.

Cresence stares at the paper in absolute shock at what has been written about her and Theveus... "Carallia, petite putain- Je vais te tuer et planifier tes funérailles au milieu de la nuit!" The ginger shouts in Auvergneian within the Maeyr'onn manor towards her roommate, knowing her to be the source of this comment. @Aces__1

Theveus sat in his room in the Sythaerin manor, he had yet to recieve the weekly Gazzete newspaper as he would read one of his plethora of books. 

from a distancd he would hear what sounded to be the shouts and yells of a familiar woman who lived next door, his ears twitching as he heard the commotion.

3 minutes ago, hemomancy said:

Cresence stares at the paper in absolute shock at what has been written about her and Theveus... "Carallia, petite putain- Je vais te tuer et planifier tes funérailles au milieu de la nuit !" The ginger shouts in Auvergneian within the Maeyr'onn manor towards her roommate, knowing her to be the source of this comment.

Carallia would stick her head out of her room to shout down the hall in return, "Qui traite-t-on de petite pute quand on ne laisse pas de place à Larihei?" She'd then be met with a very sharp corner of the now-book copy of the Gazette to the face. Muttering curses under her breath as she read, she'd rub her forehead before continuing to shout in Auvergneian. "Pour information, je n'ai pas envoyé ça à la Gazette! Tu sais que je dirais de telles choses en face de Theveus!" She'd then murmur one last time before shutting the door to her room, though it could not be heard...

3 hours ago, hemomancy said:

Cresence stares at the paper in absolute shock at what has been written about her and Theveus... "Carallia, petite putain- Je vais te tuer et planifier tes funérailles au milieu de la nuit!" The ginger shouts in Auvergneian within the Maeyr'onn manor towards her roommate, knowing her to be the source of this comment. @Aces__1

"Oui, oui. Le baguette." Is all Raziel Amethil had to add to his former students auvergnian escapades. "Oem'ii, you should really learn elven instead." He encouraged then.