Looking forward to a better future for all.
Hello, my name is Alexios Komnenos and I was born and raised as a Helena man who eventually moved to Kaedrin, while living here I've fallen in love with the city and the small farming village right outside of it, while living here I've realized that Kaedrin has many flaws, these flaws, including other things, is what I’m basing my mayoral campaign off of.
Improved security: one of the things I’ve noticed while living in Kaedrin was the lack of security and how easy it is for bandits to break into Kaedrin, I’ve realized multiple times while roaming in the streets at night that a man with a knife could easily appear and rob me and I’d be defenseless while they run off into the night without any consequences for themselves. This scenario has happened twice to me alone, two well-known bandits groups walked right into the city and threatened me while no one else was around. If I were to become mayor of Kaedrin I would build a better wall around Kaedrin to help keep bandits out from the city.
Repopulation of the city: when I was a young boy I visited Ves, whenever I visited the city it always seemed to be full of life and activity, events big or small always seemed like they were happening in the city, seeing Kaedrin and Owynsburg today just looks like a shell of its former self, I hope that one day I can help bring back some of the population that was driven away many years ago and still keep the soul of modern Owynsburg and Kaedrin.
Taxes: currently Taxes in Owynsburg and Kaedrin are non-existent and if I were to become mayor it would mostly stay that way, taxes in the city houses and the farmhouses would only be 50 mina a saints week with the bigger houses outside of Kaedrin would jump to 100 mina a week and stalls and stores will be taxed at 75 a saints week with the bigger houses and if I were to become mayor there would be a 2 saints week grace period before taxes become mandatory. Overall when a house is bought the residents of the new house shall get a 1 saints week grace period before taxes are mandatory and if taxes haven’t been paid for 3 weeks your house shall fall under eviction and be put back up to sale. With the flow in of taxes that means the government can help improve the city with projects mentioned above and help repave the road that’s been on everyone’s minds recently. Or with tax money they can even make donations to local charities or projects.
Feeding the poor: there are some rights in this world that no matter how hard someone can try to take away from people they cannot, sadly some people in the world cannot have the promise of knowing when or where their next meal will be from, because of this if I am made Mayor of Kaedrin I will begin an initiative to feed the hungry in Kaedrin.
Reforming the steward team: as it stands right now the only one in Kaedrin who can sell houses to the citizens of the city is the mayor, as being mayor is a busy job it makes it difficult to be the steward team and mayor at the same time, because of this I wish to reform the steward team, the team would be small with maybe only 2 stewards and the Mayor as the head steward, for each house that they sell they get to receive 20% of the house’s income with the other 80% that they received going to the government and because they send most of their check to the government they would be given 50% off of taxes.
If I become Mayor of Kaedrin I plan on doing all of this and so much more, so remember to look forward to a better future for all