AstienGreenhart

Discord:

astiengreenhart

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Investigation Ban

What circumstances led to this ban?

There was a discussion in the main LoTC discord server around a certain player having unsavoury tastes, and implications were made that they were on course to do some bad things relating to people on the server. It was revealed that they were a part of a group that I'm vehemently against, and I became quite emotional. It was late at night, and I made some bad decisions, speaking out against this person in ways that definitely went too far - saying things along the lines of "A ban isn't enough, they need to be crusaded IRL". I was subsequently banned for 3 months from the server and the discord servers while they investigated whether it would need to be an admin ban or not. I haven't had an answer yet on whether it was, so I'm sending this appeal through both channels. I allowed myself to get too involved, when I should have let things run their course with moderation, or whatever else needed to happen. I got too heated, and knowingly broke the rules. In future, I believe I can seperate my IRL prejudices more.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

None that I disagree with. I realise that I went way too far, breaching policies left and right. The punishment was necessary, and I fully agree with the decision to inflict it.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

Overall, it's just something I very much enjoy doing, playing on the server. I used to be active whenever I was able to, and I've been wanting to return since the ban started.

Attach other relevant information.

None more

Screenshot 2023-08-31 211402.png

Appeal Denied.

Lord of the Craft strives to foster a safe community; therefore, please include all the reasons on why you were banned. Do not leave out important parts of your ban. Feel free to re-appeal after fixing the current appeal.