Journal af Brasca | 13th of Sun's Smile, 1941 | Reflection

Nowak

۩

An excerpt from Journal af Brasca, written by George during his retreat to find both himself, and God

13th of Sun’s Smile, 1941

In the stillness of contemplation, I often find myself diving deep into the recesses of my own soul. It's a journey that requires courage, for there are aspects of my being that I prefer to keep hidden, even from myself. Yet, it is in these moments of unfiltered self-reflection that I unearth the truths about who I am, both the noble and the flawed.

One of these shadows that occasionally darkens my heart is the specter of jealousy. Like an insidious whisper, it occasionally lingers in the corners of my thoughts. It's a human emotion, I remind myself, one that can afflict even the most virtuous of souls. During moments of weakness, it has, on occasion, stirred feelings of inadequacy and resentment towards those who have achieved what I have not.

Admitting to this vulnerability is like stepping into a room filled with uncomfortable truths. I must confront my own shortcomings, acknowledge that I too am susceptible to such base emotions. It's a humbling experience, to say the least, but it's a necessary one if I am to grow as a person.

And then there's the matter of my own corruptibility. The allure of power, wealth, and influence has a seductive charm that can lead one astray. I've witnessed how even the most noble of intentions can be tainted by the corrupting influence of ambition. It's a sobering realization, for it reminds me that I, too, am not immune to the temptations that the world can offer.

But here, in the crucible of self-reflection, I also find a glimmer of hope. It is not the mere recognition of these flaws that defines me but my response to them. I am flawed, yes, but I am also imbued with the capacity to rise above my weaknesses.

With each stumble, I do not simply wallow in self-pity; I rise, dust myself off, and set forth on a path of redemption. I understand that the journey toward righteousness is fraught with challenges, moments of doubt, and self-recrimination. But it is a path I am determined to tread, for it is in the crucible of my own imperfections that I forge the steel of my character.

In the end, it is not the absence of flaws that makes one noble; it is the strength of character to confront them, to strive for self-improvement, and to use one's own vulnerabilities as stepping stones toward greater wisdom and compassion.

So, I embrace my flaws as part of the intricate tapestry of my existence. I am George, a soul in constant evolution, ready to confront my own imperfections, to learn from them, and to emerge from the crucible of self-reflection stronger and more resolute.

In this journey of self-discovery, I find solace in the belief that, like a phoenix rising from the ashes, I can transcend my flaws and strive toward the light of a better self. And with each step, I draw closer to the person I aspire to be…

[Am really enjoying this reflection period of George as he comes into adulthood]

[This info would be private unless George shared with you his journal, or you were a horrible person and broke into his house!]

Philip Laurent stood within the lockpicked room of the Halcourt estate pouring over his cousins journal. "This is good stuff.... George is smart I will have to learn more from him...."