Orlanth

Discord:

Orlanth.

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Harassment https://imgur.com/a/WajkroY

What circumstances led to this ban?

At length, this revolved around an incident involving a handful of ferrymen and members of the Balian player base. Initially, the fault fell on the part of several of my friends whose actions were uncalled for, and bans for those players were issued. To be entirely clear, I do not disagree that these players deserved their bans. They were absolutely in the wrong and I hated seeing them act the way they did. Following their actions the raid was ended early save for one specific part which I also made sure ended and left the players in Balian alongside offering an apology. However, immediately following our leaving a few different members of Balian's leadership made some unsavory comments towards my friends again after the situation had already been settled. I won't include pictures of those comments here, however, if the moderation team would like to see them I can provide them. I felt that there was a great level of spite and hypocrisy behind these comments and I responded by adding a description and segment to a video I was working on that referenced the past affiliation of some of Balian's leadership to a TOS banned player. A few days later I spoke with itdontmatta regarding the situation and took down the video and he shortened my ban by a month. I offer my sincerest apologies that I continued to escalate things in the greater argument and reiterate that I feel bad on behalf of the other players in the ferrymen with their initial comments.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

None at this moment. I feel that it's fair to classify the overall interaction as harassment on my part and I would like to apologize that things escalated to the point where I lost my temper. At the time I did not feel as though the moderation team would handle the situation fairly as I saw it and felt the need to take it into my own hands. I regret not extending the chance and at the very least reaching out to the administration to broker peace rather than acting on my own. I am willing to speak candidly with any members of the Balian community (Or the larger lotc community as a whole) if they feel that there's anything that could be gained from a discussion.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I've made several friends on this server, many of whom have said they'd like to see me return and many whom I'd like to play with again. The community on this server is one of the best roleplay communities out there and I'd like to continue to be a part of it.

Attach other relevant information.

As stated above, I can provide more of the referenced content at moderation's request.