{ A Letter in a Bottle } S.A 154 19th The Amber Cold

GammaRose

[~] A grey bottle floats aimlessly in the open sea, the waves carry it to any wondering eyes for it to take. It has been wrapped in twine with it's seal covered well by a golden wax. The contents of this bottle carry a letter and a dry-pressed lavender flower, it's ink softly shimmers and glows like molten gold in the absence of light. [~]

S.A 154 19th The Amber Cold

Dear Kera,

It doesn’t matter how hard you might try, out of all the ‘Caprio’s and Capulets, there is always someone out there who exists to overlap you and your stories, to outshine you no matter how hard you try to be the brightest star in the sky. There are those who naturally exist to be the heralded sun and worshiped. But that’s not true for me, is it? Or true for you either.

I suppose I was that star who overcasted you when we were younger. Though I didn’t mean to, no matter how hard that I try, the name of your story always slips through my fingers like grains of sand; and no matter how hard I try for others to remember me, like water I am impossible to hold.

No matter what I can try or seem to do to stand out, I’m always jealous of the others around me; how brilliantly they shine, awarded for the smallest of things while I am left out here to rot. Then again, I’ve always been too humble, for I know my purpose isn’t to shine like the stars in the sky, but to be the background that helps to illuminate what they are. I relish in that fact, it brings me some comfort to know a purpose I serve, but wouldn’t it be nice to dream to be a little bit special for a day? To be praised for at least existing, but that is in itself far too selfish of a wish to be granted.

I wonder what it is people think if they knew of someone as wretched as me, I wonder how that story would be?