{ A Letter in a Bottle } S.A 154 19th

GammaRose

[~] A grey bottle floats aimlessly in the open sea, the waves carry it to any wondering eyes for it to take. It has been wrapped in twine with it's seal covered well by a golden wax. The contents of this bottle carry a letter and a dry-pressed lavender flower, it's ink softly shimmers and glows like molten gold in the absence of light. [~]

S.A 154

Dear Haelun,

Do you ever find it difficult to wake up knowing it still feels like dreaming?

I find it hard, most days, trying to walk and even function properly. You and all your years of wisdom and strife make it seem so easy to stand tall, and here I am like sand crumbling beneath the waves.

It’s difficult to wake up and prepare for the day, but it’s also a struggle to fall asleep too. Not even in my worst nightmares am I able to escape from hearing the most horrible of things, I’m in constant physical pain and want to puke at all the wretched things that I hear and feel. 

I often measure you to the greatness of the sun, because the light you cast isn’t just overwhelming, but it fills the world with warmth and vibrancy. While I empathize with the moon, and do what I can to reflect that light, I feel I have most in common with the night, and endless void that is forever shrouded in all the things horrid with the world.

It’s so difficult to wake up, but I can’t even tell if I’m dreaming or not. How pitiful is that?

Edited by GammaRose